Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Idiot Pentax, give us a real camera instead of these mockeries!

03-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #62
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
Idiot Pentax, give us a real camera instead of these mockeries!
the K20d IS a real camera, regardless of what colour the body is....
03-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #63
Veteran Member

You mean they actually plan on selling this silvery stuff? Augh! I wonder how much R&D money they spent on making that.
03-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can't figure out whether or not the Titan is good or bad...but it is interesting.

I think the green looks interesting, especially that cool little hunter's orange pin stripe that is obvioiusly there so that hunter/photographers don't get shot at while capturing those stunning outdoor images.

Stephen

03-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #65
Veteran Member

only 1000 available?? and sold only in Japan? like the old might Titanium LX? i hate japanese

--
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #66
Veteran Member

I wanted to by the FA 31 LTD and FA 77 ltd...should I get silver...?? There has to be a way of picking one up online?
03-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
Augh! I wonder how much R&D money they spent on making that.
Hopefully almost none, which is the point !

03-25-2009, 05:50 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I wanted to by the FA 31 LTD and FA 77 ltd...should I get silver...?? There has to be a way of picking one up online?
Mmmmh, I don't know about getting the silver one, what are you going to do when the leather and gold Gucci special edition gets out next year?

You wouldn't want to make a fashion "faux pas " wouldn't you?
03-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Hopefully almost none, which is the point !
Remove the "hopefully" and "almost" in your response, and that's basically it. No R&D money involved, but it gets a good round of press releases. And like you said, that's the point.
03-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It COULD have been good...

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
from the front it looks ok, from the back its atrocious. the black should have extended all the way around the body to more mimic the look of film cameras which I can only assume is the 'retro' they were going for. I think they should have gone more towards the satin chrome of old instead of silver. what is 'Titan'? the battery grip looks terrible, it should stay all black like old battery grips and winders. I would like to see what it looks like with an SMC Takumar 55mm 1.8, not an FA or DA limited. all in all, I don't like it and I don't want one. the olive k-m is slick. I love olive. I want one.
I doubt if it does match the FA* lenses, and why would they bring out a camera that colour for a bunch of lenses they've just finished discontinuing.

That would be SO gorgeous if it was aluminum like the limiteds...and the back wasn't butt-ugly...

Cheers,
Cameron
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why...

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Those Canon people must really be whacked out...you know, white lenses/black cameras. What's wrong with them?
You're insulting a guy with a collection of FA* lenses, so I know know all about that - NOTHING matches - cameras, lenses, nothing ever. In all the other camera companies, the consumer cameras match the consumer lenses, etc.

By the way...have you SEEN the prices of metals these days? There's part of the answer.
Then why do they continue to release limited lenses. It's like this company has schizophrenia or something - gorgeous lenses, cameras don't match ANYTHING they have ever made...

Look a little deeper...we have the introduction of 3 (4 with the silver K200) Limited cameras to hook up to Limited lenses.
I just don't get that...shiny silver cheapo plastic on the gorgeous limited lenses? Even the DA* and straight DA's have a nice finish which is not replicated on any camera EVER...it is just bizarre. You would think the cheapest thing for them to do would be to make them all out of the same material, or at least similar stuff.

Very strange...

I kind of like the olive thing...almost...wonder if the back of that is all shiny silver...

Cameron
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
How about a Silver *istDS with FA*300/4.5?

Enjoy
Falconeye, it should suffice me for now
Thanks,
03-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #73
Banned

Cambo, I find it funny how you continuously use the word 'EVER' without providing any proof to back that up. are you an expert on every piece of photographic equipment that Asahi Optical has ever put out and how it matches with everything else? also are you an expert on everything say Canon and Nikon has put out and how it cosmetically matches? jesus, most of the crap you add to this forum is a joke at best. get over it, so you dont like the finishes on the plastic. thats all you have to say.. dont try and make yourself look like some kind of expert just because you own some high end lenses. how about Pentax just makes everything flat black. the cameras, the lenses, the packaging, the instruction booklets, etc, etc. it will all match. will that make you happy? oh, and it will be a Japan only release.
03-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #74

I've been holding off on the purchase of the K20 for a long time now, but this gave me the push I needed.

I pre-ordered my Titan K20 and Battery grip tonight at Yodabashi camera in Yokohama.
I don't really care what the nay-sayers think about this camera, I think it is freakin' awesome.

The set cost 99800 Japanese yen, minus 10% for for being a yodabashi point card holder.
So at todays conversion rates that's about 850 US$.

Well worth it in my opinion considering it's only about $100 more than the standard camera and battery grip. And with only 1000 of these beauties available, I think mine is destined for the display cabinet with my Silver FA 31 Ltd mounted front and centre of my Pentax cabinet!

They said delivery should be expected within the next 3 weeks. Looking forward to that phone call

nikuyakun.
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #75
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by nikuyakun Quote
I've been holding off on the purchase of the K20 for a long time now, but this gave me the push I needed.

I pre-ordered my Titan K20 and Battery grip tonight at Yodabashi camera in Yokohama.
I don't really care what the nay-sayers think about this camera, I think it is freakin' awesome.

The set cost 99800 Japanese yen, minus 10% for for being a yodabashi point card holder.
So at todays conversion rates that's about 850 US$.

Well worth it in my opinion considering it's only about $100 more than the standard camera and battery grip. And with only 1000 of these beauties available, I think mine is destined for the display cabinet with my Silver FA 31 Ltd mounted front and centre of my Pentax cabinet!

They said delivery should be expected within the next 3 weeks. Looking forward to that phone call

nikuyakun.
please, PLEASE take some photos of this when it arrives. and show them here, I can assure you that there are many people (myself included) who would like to see it.