Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2009, 04:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
The first 645D are olive...
I'm guessing we can expect to see a lot of you in the Post Processing subforum....

03-28-2009, 05:30 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
...is GREEN a new trend in Japan?
Are they gonna stop killi- er, I mean, "researching" whales then?
03-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Are they gonna stop killi- er, I mean, "researching" whales then?
About the same time others stop killing cows, pigs, chickens, fish, trees and any other life form so we can all live off of our own satisfaction.

Really.. why do people pick on the Japanese for this? There are other countries who go after whales too. What about the countries in Africa that eat monkeys? Every group of people eat some sort of life from. Why are people so in love with picking on Japan for whales?
03-28-2009, 06:36 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Because the whales they hunt are a bit more ecologically endangered than the little monkeys that run rampant over the plains of africa?

03-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Because the whales they hunt are a bit more ecologically endangered than the little monkeys that run rampant over the plains of africa?
They hunt the Minke whale which is not endangered.
03-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #21
Pentaxian

No, no, no !

It is for the future anouncement of Sigma's 200-500 f:2.8 for Pentax/Samsung mount...

03-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pentax TOP SECRET strategy!

QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote
See, the camo really works. Can't tell a Pentax from an Oly from a tree now.
I think this is the top secret "Pent-Oly" strategic alliance they are talking about!
with all of the wars going on and the big need of weather sealed camera for rough environment, who else is more prepared than Pentax & Oly?

We have:
White - for Snow terrain
Black - for Stealthy night
Green - for Forest / Mountain
I bet the next color will be Dessert Sand Yellow...
03-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #23
Site Supporter

Certainly is...

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Ugly as the Day is LONG!
Yup!

Cheers,
Cameron

03-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
They hunt the Minke whale which is not endangered.
And supposedly only sientific reasons which is why you can find Whele meat in the markets.
03-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up, I always figured the uproar was because they were taking endangered whales. In this case... I have to agree, people eat stuff, and as long as it's not endangered and can't talk back, it's potentially a food source.

Though I would suspect that the whale population is a little more vulnerable to destabilization by high-tech hunting than populations of monkeys are to african villagers who are more concerned with eating than making a profit, so while there's really no need to get on Japan's case about eating whales, encouraging ecologically sound practices while doing so (and perhaps legitimizing it so they don't have to sham it off as "scientific research killings) is definitely something that should be done.

Also, a Pentax-Oly alliance would be very much welcomed by me. I've been with both from my film days.
03-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #26
Forum Member

Also, a Pentax-Oly alliance would be very much welcomed by me. I've been with both from my film days.
So if there were an alliance then the new model would be known as the "PO'd" ???
03-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Never said they had to make a joint-effort camera body. Though if they did, maybe a setup with two seperate sensors kind of like how the live view works in the Oly E-330, except with one sensor 4/3 size and the other APS-C size, and a modular mount system that would allow full functions of both 4/3 and K-mount lenses... all fully weathersealed... just for fun, lets make the APS-C sensor the one in the K20D and the 4/3 sensor the one from the new Panasonic GH1 so it has serious video (and lets toss in m4/3 mount support as well)... and let's make it no larger than the K200D. Let's say... $1200.

Well, I can dream.
03-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
And supposedly only sientific reasons which is why you can find Whele meat in the markets.
Could you tell me where I can buy whale meat in my area, please? I've been here a quarter-century and have never seen it for sale in a supermarket or offered in any restaurant. It has always baffled me just who the hell is supposedly eating all this stuff.
03-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up, I always figured the uproar was because they were taking endangered whales. In this case... I have to agree, people eat stuff, and as long as it's not endangered and can't talk back, it's potentially a food source.

Though I would suspect that the whale population is a little more vulnerable to destabilization by high-tech hunting than populations of monkeys are to african villagers who are more concerned with eating than making a profit, so while there's really no need to get on Japan's case about eating whales, encouraging ecologically sound practices while doing so (and perhaps legitimizing it so they don't have to sham it off as "scientific research killings) is definitely something that should be done.

I would guess that even with advanced technology used to hunt whales, the Japanese are earth-conscious enough to allow whales time to breed and multiply. Give those same Africans high-tech equipment, though, and they may not be ecologically-aware enough to give monkeys time to breed. It's not a rap on Africans or anything, more of a guess on how they have other more pressing issues like civil wars and deadly disease outbreaks (possibly famine in some areas) than being concerned about monkeys.
03-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #30
Veteran Member

That's probably true. In general, wherever there's the potential for human activity (through technology in this case) to upset an existing system there needs to be awareness of the precautions needed to prevent such from occuring. If japan has such awareness, great. If poor rural africans don't, well then if we do give them the tech to hunt monkeys to extinction, we'd sure better help them out with the environmental awareness bit as well.