Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sweet

Yeah, I saw that. Sometime next year I hope one of those will be mine.

11-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I got one from the Photo Expo in NYC. I read it every night right before I sleep...(well, I havn' t really read it since I got the K10 D manual. LoL)
11-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
Inactive Account

I can't find the battery grip in any searches for the K10D. Will this not be advertised until the actual release of the camera? I want the body and the bp.

Today - B&H site still says expecting shipment in December. Ritz website says 1/15/07????!!! Is this due to backorder of pre-order????!!! Or is another delay expected?

Faith
11-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

it's probably just backorder...

i'll see if i can get some answers for you guys from B and H tomorrow (as well as Calumet, Adorama, and perhaps willoughby's and allkit)
the sales man from adorama doesnt know if and when the grip will be released alongside the body, but he took down my order for one anyway...

looks like I may not be going to the gym afterall.... (especially if the k10 already in stock...)

11-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dana G Quote
Why the $%^& don't they offer a screen with a microprisim for manual focus? The success of the KatzEye screens ought to give them a hint, don't you think?
It has been said to mess up the metering, and doesn't work all that well with slower lenses. With slow lenses, half of the hemisphere will be 'blacked out' and the other half normal. But, if you move your eye up or down (or side to side if the camera is in portrait orientation), you can almost always get a clear sphere.

Have a MX screen in my Ds, and it meters just fine; nothing that can't be fixed by shooting RAW and in post processing. Sure help with manual focus too. The K10D has the same screen options as the Ds, so I assume that the Ds katz Eye screens will fit in the K10D. I'm going to transfer my MX screen to the K10D tonight or tomorrow before leaving for a trip to Florida over the holidays.
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by amphibious Quote
Amazon is now showing the release date as January 17th.

The November date was featured prominently on the Pentax site for this camera, but now it's nowhere to be found... customers sure don't like vaporware, I'll never understand why manufacturers aren't more up front and honest about production delays... keeping silent only hurts them in the end. I need a dSLR... I'll wait until the end of November, but I can't wait until mid-January, especially if the trend of delays continues.

Whaaat? Jan 17th now?? I looked on there last week and it said they had some in-stock!
What a bummer. The rear window on my car shattered spontaneously (sort of--defroster short circuited) and that set me back a couple hundred that I was going to put towards ordering the K10D.

edit: I see the date of your post. NM. It's in-stock as of right now on Amazon.com from Cameta camera
12-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by skydragoness Quote
Whaaat? Jan 17th now?? I looked on there last week and it said they had some in-stock!
What a bummer. The rear window on my car shattered spontaneously (sort of--defroster short circuited) and that set me back a couple hundred that I was going to put towards ordering the K10D.

edit: I see the date of your post. NM. It's in-stock as of right now on Amazon.com from Cameta camera
Yeah, and lots of us already have it. Beach Bamera also has it in stock- order from them if you want it fast (mine arrived in 1 business day).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Yeah, and lots of us already have it. Beach Bamera also has it in stock- order from them if you want it fast (mine arrived in 1 business day).
Oh really? Do they offer the Pentax 3yr warranty?

12-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Don't know if it's a 3-year warranty, but they do offer one.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-08-2006, 04:43 AM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dana G Quote
Why the $%^& don't they offer a screen with a microprisim for manual focus? The success of the KatzEye screens ought to give them a hint, don't you think?
I'm sort of late to this thread, but Pentax does now offer part number O-ME53, a 1.2x magnifying eyecup which fits over the viewfinder and is said to aid in focusing non-AF lenses. B&H lists it as a non-stocking item at this point but they do accept orders for delivery in 7-14 days. It probably is not in wide distribution yet. Listed price is $34.95. I don't have one yet but I'm planning to get one after the Christmas holidays.
12-13-2006, 09:32 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote

Have a MX screen in my Ds, and it meters just fine; nothing that can't be fixed by shooting RAW and in post processing. Sure help with manual focus too. The K10D has the same screen options as the Ds, so I assume that the Ds katz Eye screens will fit in the K10D. I'm going to transfer my MX screen to the K10D tonight or tomorrow before leaving for a trip to Florida over the holidays.
Great! I still have two MX bodies with winders, and extra screens (I went for full microprisim instead of split image).

Let us know how it works. If the MX screen fits in the K10D, metering concerns can be dealt with with exposure compensation. Most cameras require testing the meter, as not all meters are the same anyway.
12-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
Site Supporter

None of the 35mm screens will fit the APS cameras. The 35mm screens are much larger. I have compared LX (35mm) with APS digital. Not even close!
thanks
barondla
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #28

Comparison: K10D, A100, XTi and D80

AnandTech: Digital SLR Buyer's Guide

The web site anandtech.com has a comparison of the Pentax K10D, Sony A100 Canon XTi and the Nikon D80. The K10D, as we all know on this forum, compares fairly well against the competition and does so again in this article. The weather sealing, shake reduction in the body, build quality and inovative lenses ("new pancakes") are big pluses.

In addition the K110D and K100D get high praise in the entry level market camparision.
01-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Yes, All three current Pentax cameras were held in high regard by the review. There was some discussion about it in an earlier post here.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/1781-nice-pat-back...ight=anandtech

Cheers!
01-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

A nice article, but it wasn't detailed enough for my taste.

Adam