Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Thanks everyone. Not sure what will happen now. Marc got lots of great comments (more than most) and maybe that will help. Final total was 289 votes, rate 53rd and 129 comments. That's out of just over 2600 entries.
To everyone who took the time:

A very heartfelt thank you !!! That was an awesome effort!! A special thank you to Peter, Paul (monochrome) and MRRiley for drumming up support..

If I do not make it anywhere in this contest, I do plan to use this experience to put together a proposal and submit it to several foundation/non-profit organization that recognize or specialize in conservation efforts. It seems I am fortunate to have some good advice in my corner regarding this aspect of putting together a proposal for a project.

Sincerely,
Marc

04-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote

A very heartfelt thank you !!! That was an awesome effort!! A special thank you to Peter, Paul (monochrome) and MRRiley for drumming up support..

If I do not make it anywhere in this contest, I do plan to use this experience to put together a proposal and submit it to several foundation/non-profit organization that recognize or specialize in conservation efforts. It seems I am fortunate to have some good advice in my corner regarding this aspect of putting together a proposal for a project.

Sincerely,
Marc
I do hope some organization will pick your idea up if ever it doesn't get through this one. I think it's a really good cause and I'd love to see what photos you'll produce. I always thought highly of your photographical prowess, and it'll be nice to see your work used to help raise awareness of a growing problem that threatens each one of us.
04-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #78
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Marc, having voted for you, I wish you the best, and hope that you'll find an organization interested in your project. Good luck!
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote

Sincerely,
Marc
You're welcome. I'm proud to be in this fun and happy community that could, in short time, bounce you almost into top 50. Too bad things just missed out, but maybe next time, or other openings will come

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Allan I know and I sent out a few dozen PM's to various members (many of who voted - thanks). But several were concerned about spam mail from the site etc. I have not recieved anything from the site. It is Microsoft after all and they understand a ton of spam is not a good thing. So that can't be the reason.
Most bigger places nowadays, have policies on Spam. And try to act accordingly, with respect to peoples wishes. If you don't tíck certain boxes, you're mostly left alone. And even if you did, you can often unsubscribe.
I have 3 email accounts that I've used for a number of years. Several have good spam filters.
And most places where I've given my email info; respect that I do not want bulk mail. (And haven't had any trouble with this place where we voted for Marc, either)

Last edited by Jonson PL; 04-06-2009 at 03:10 PM.