Agreed on that!

DPR has banned our links, maybe I should also ban theirs
Please do...Thanks.
04-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
I am surprised that none of you mentioned the 3-axis skyhook technology that holds the camera rock solid rigid without the use of a tripod.
That is an option only..
04-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

DPR has banned our links, maybe I should also ban theirs
I've always wondered about that ban: Did they give any explanation?

04-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Well, I knew.

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
No, they don't.

But I knew why they banned me. It was really funny..

A crowd jumped on me for what I posted before I was banned. I used to ignore them or fight back legitimately but at some point I finally couldn't resist to make a formal complaint to the DPR admin. The people and their posts I complained were actually violating forum rules obviously and should not be allowed. The administrator did do the right things on deleting all those attack posts for what I complained, but to avoid "further troubles", they or Phil just banned me altogether!

They were really very clever afterall ! :-0 Whilst they agreed with my complaints and took the right action, they opted to "cleverly" to "eliminate" the "source" of problem, instead of banning all those members who did evils!

As long as I didn't make complaint, they were okay with me. Once I made the first complaint and report for the first time, they banned me!

The same thing happened when I re-registered again. I have been posting for a while at the DPR Canon forum and until I posted something very neutral at their Pentax forum, people jumped on me again, I did not make any more complaint again of course, but they just banned me again immediately when people were starting their "jumping"!

Its easy for me to re-register endlessly at the DPR (just clear all cookies stored at your browser and if you have access to an Unix system which allows you set any alias name for the email address, you can do that endlessly. Or, if you have multiple non-free email accounts), but since I don't want to hide my identity and indeed actually it is meaningless to participate in such a forum anymore, just for both what the poor behaviours of those particular members and more importantly the ridiculous and stupid attitude of the DPR administrator(s).

Last edited by RiceHigh; 04-03-2009 at 04:30 AM.
04-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #66
Veteran Member

It's actually not that funny...

You are missing your true potential R.H. and to me it's kind of sad because I think your work could be exceptional but right now it's broadly ridiculed and dismissed. Why do you think that is? No, really... Why do you really think that is ... everywhere you go?

Have you ever made an unbiased review of your on-line presence? I really encourage you to try it. Stick it on a tripod; Chart the results of each click; Take a hard look at the reputation you've built; Pixel peep what's developed. Are you really getting what you want out of all your effort?

Everywhere we go the people around us reflect back to us exactly what we have built. Mock the reflection, dismiss the reflection, ignore the reflection... doesn't matter, it's a reflection of exactly what we have built and no matter where we go the reflection will never change until we change.

I'll risk a community dope slap to tell you again that I believe you have very good analytical skills that could be a true asset to the photo community R.H.. Unfortunately, you seem to think the problem is that others are just ignorant trouble makers who don't know how to appreciate the brilliance of your work. That is simply not true - Phil got this one right - It really is you, and that's great news because it means that you have total power to change it.

So, either change it or quit complaining about the reflection already... please. It's old. Thank you.
04-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
In fact DPR reacted stupidly because the ban should have happened a lot of months before.
They screwed it up badly indeed.

04-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #68
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
$21198.80, plus $1015.87 for the grip.

Total: $22214.67

then there's the extended warranty...

Cheers,
Cameron
Just wait until Pentax Canada then jacks the price of the body by 30%-100%, just like they've done with lenses! Oops - shouldn't give them any more ideas to screw over their Canadian customers.
04-04-2009, 05:39 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Sure. They don't allow any links to "competing" photography forums. They're stuck in a 1999 view of the Internet, basically, and are afraid that anyone who clicks away won't come back.

It strongly dissuades me from being helpful.
04-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Sure. They don't allow any links to "competing" photography forums. They're stuck in a 1999 view of the Internet, basically, and are afraid that anyone who clicks away won't come back.

It strongly dissuades me from being helpful.
Kind of like a closed Fascist Regime!
04-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Kind of like a closed Fascist Regime!
Well, kind of, except no one has to live there.
04-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #72
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Well, kind of, except no one has to live there.
That's because they haven't figured out a way to trap everyone's mouse pointer.
04-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #73
Site Supporter

I have seen sites do this once they go commercial and reach a certain point where they think they are getting hurt.