Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by devtt Quote
Can you please share what is it that you think needs improve regarding to the pTTL system?
It is too sensible to reflecting surfaces (indeed annoying), we can't manually set ratio when using multiple flashes in wireless and (because of intergrated flash limitations) we can't use wireless HSS triggered by integrated flash.

04-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #92

What do I want from D30?

just dreaming here - - -
Still maintain the backwards compatibility for their GREAT 35mm lenses!

A full size sensor area!

go from 14+ up to 15 - 18Mb !

2.7in by 3.25 inch viewer window!
With 99.5 % accuracy !!

* Non propriatary batteries - maybe AA rechargable* !

ahhhhh , just dreaming here, thinking of the ol days shooting with the 6X7 ,
and the LX - pro - so very accurate ! ! !
04-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Better low light AF performance while keeping it a small body....
I love the system as it is, but miss some shots...because of that poor AF/low light combo...
04-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #94
Forum Member

what I miss most

What I miss most from the film camera days (LX) is a true mirror up-lock. Interestingly, I haven't seen anybody mention it, and it is the main thing I would add to the K20D. Otherwise, for my shooting everything else is adequate, if not perfect. But that is the one feature I miss most.

I guess nobody else posting here ever shoots plant subjects in macro where the wind blows near constantly, or extreme telephoto subjects shot at critical moments at slow shutter speeds with the camera on a tripod, especially with vertical orientation. And no, the current system doesn't work nearly as well under these situations as a true mirror lock would.

I miss it greatly. It would make my day if future top end Pentax DSLRs (K30D?) had a true mirror up-lock. I would buy it in a heatbeat.

04-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #95
Forum Member

Er, that is . . . heartbeat.
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #96

Photos: Gallery
please - definitely NOT AA batteries!! the current battery and one in a battery grip gives infinitely more shooting hours than any pack of AA batteries, and its a lot lighter to lug around than another bag full of replacement AA's.

what woud be nice is built in 8 or 16 channel wireless transmitter for wireless shooting. build same wireless system into their flashes and you will have a full pentax strobist system.
naturally the wireless must be able to fire the other market brands of wireless triggers too.
04-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenG Quote
please - definitely NOT AA batteries!! the current battery and one in a battery grip gives infinitely more shooting hours than any pack of AA batteries, and its a lot lighter to lug around than another bag full of replacement AA's.

what woud be nice is built in 8 or 16 channel wireless transmitter for wireless shooting. build same wireless system into their flashes and you will have a full pentax strobist system.
naturally the wireless must be able to fire the other market brands of wireless triggers too.
Just put an AA batery pack adapter for the grip and be done with it.

Either use 2 bateries or 6 AA with the grip, that way, people have the choice: always the best solution IMO.

04-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #98

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

Either use 2 bateries or 6 AA with the grip, that way, people have the choice: always the best solution IMO.
YES! Doesn't even need to be 2 Li-Ion's. Something like the D300 grip would be best (1 small LiIon, 1 high-capacity LiIon or 8 AA's, take your pick. Small LiIon is the same as the body battery).
04-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

Agreed. Just like in MZ/ZX serie. Small battery in because of size and small battery grip with AA so everybody is happy.
04-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #100
Inactive Account

what I'd want

There are a few things that would be nice: Faster AF, less noise at higher ISO's (I'm jealous of my Nikon friends on this point!), better LCD... all of that is _nice_, but there is only one thing that will make me sell all my Pentax gear and get a Nikon.

HD Video. Give us some 1080p love and I'll stay a Pentax man for the foreseeable future. If you miss HD Video this year, I'm jumping ship.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll keep my K10D for all the great thrift store scores that will be out there in the near future, but I won't buy anything NEW from Pentax unless it's got 1080p.

End of Line.
04-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ScannerBrightly Quote
There are a few things that would be nice: Faster AF, less noise at higher ISO's (I'm jealous of my Nikon friends on this point!), better LCD... all of that is _nice_, but there is only one thing that will make me sell all my Pentax gear and get a Nikon.

HD Video. Give us some 1080p love and I'll stay a Pentax man for the foreseeable future. If you miss HD Video this year, I'm jumping ship.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll keep my K10D for all the great thrift store scores that will be out there in the near future, but I won't buy anything NEW from Pentax unless it's got 1080p.

End of Line.
Sincerely, for the first DSLR with video, I expect 720p and 1080p in future bodies but 1080p would indeeed be very nice.
Keep in mind NikonD90 is only 1280 x 720/24 fps and CAnon 5Dii is 1080p but 30fps, not the standard 24fps.
04-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #102
Forum Member

I want:
Same APS-C of K20 (even with the improvements necessary).
Orientable LCD (for a practical and intelligent use of Live View in a dslr).
Better AF in low-light.
04-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #103
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Larger strap

PLEASE! a larger strap maybe more comfortable with heavy lenses!!