Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Bah Pentax may just decided the flash need to be higher over the prism?.

If that were the case they would have provided a "beak" like the K20D and others. In addition, I don't believe that Pentax have made prism tall only in order to get the built-in flash high enough. Particularly not form a company that claim they will make compact and though cameras. There's definitely something with the finder of that camera and it has nothing to do with flash.

04-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
if you go to the website, the first image from the "series" of blurry camera shots is here:

Hello! Mr. Blurry Cameraphone - Windows Live

the large body looks like a 645...

and there's no harm in it using a DA lens.... if they were making a 645D, then they'd need lenses to go with it... so a medium format DA range?
so what is it?

and did anybody translate the Japanese on this page?

sorry I did not have time to read all of this gigantic thread.. could anyone sum it up ?

Thanks!!
04-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
There's definitely something with the finder of that camera and it has nothing to do with flash.
Agreed. Perhaps it is a K-mount body designed in a more professional "boxy" fashion to improve handling (after medium format bodies), retaining APS-C sensor (cheaper to manufacture and compatible with all DA lenses) but with 1.3X or even 1.5X viewfinder for FF 35mm feel (good for both accurate manual focusing and AF focus confirmation). If true, all good decisions in my opinion!!!

Besides, it seems that there is no built-in flash at all. Canon's "single digit" bodies 1D and 5D also don't have a built-in flash, so Pentax may be following with K?D. Perhaps we are looking at K3D?
04-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
What I find most interesting about is how we're being teased this time around.

I don't recall this sort of behaviour from Pentax in the past, and Hoya has so far been very "leak-proof" regarding new products.
Hee, well, I suppose even if they intend to keep this secrecy thing up, there'd be bound to be leaks, sooner or later, even if they weren't deliberate, no such system is perfect. Not that relieving the ominous silence we've seen wouldn't be a decent move.

04-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #155
Inactive Account

:: unstructured rambling interval from final paper/exam crunch ::

Well, this piques my interest in digital again. I love boxy, angular prisms, and say what you will about the A900, I think it's a beautiful classic look. Pop-up flash can create ugly overhangs, but even the D3's rounded lump of a finder hangs over a bit (legacy from Nikon's aperture reading window?).

Changeable finders are long gone, especially with the expectation of weather sealing these days. With my LX, i find the FA-1 is a little on the big side with M glass, I'd love an FA-2 with the more 'pointed' profile of the MX, etc.

I've said before, I'd love an LX-D style model, even just with MASP, 2 dials, aperture coupler, and massive, high mag finder. I'd not mind FF, but if the VF is big enough, APS-C will do. AF could be a single 5 point cross sensor for all I care. The new body looks taller but shallower, which is more in line with film bodies. My K100 and K10 were so fat front to back, and low. Kind of like squatting toads.

I like the evolution of the K-series handgrips, especially the little notch in the KM, like the LX accessory grip B.

Did I sell my DA limiteds too soon? (and will I buy the FA 43ltd at the end of the month?) Stay tuned to find out
04-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #156
Pentaxian

You guys are all now waiting for a K1D or something alike.
It just won't happen for now. Stop dreaming.

You will get disapointed again and as usual, it will be Pentax's fault.
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #157
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery

why would you say that.............

04-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #158
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
What I find most interesting about is how we're being teased this time around...................................
Don't think of it as being teased, just think of it more as foreplay.
04-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sila Quote
why would you say that.............
I dunno aything about this upcoming body but reading things as 'intercheangeable viewfinders' means people are waiting for a D300+ body if not a lot higher.

If this isn't even not a 'K30' but a 'K300' or simply a 'K250', a lot of people will again troll the whole forum with 'Pentax is doomed' crap.
Not that I'm not used to it but still.
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Don't think of it as being teased, just think of it more as foreplay.
I didn't mean to imply anything negative with my use of the word "tease"
04-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Glisin Quote
Agreed. Perhaps it is a K-mount body designed in a more professional "boxy" fashion to improve handling (after medium format bodies),
No, it does not have a boxy shape; quite the opposite in fact. The left sholder is longer (and flatter) than on the K20D. It is more in shape of the LX and the MZ-1 with the mirror box more centered than on the K20D.
04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I disagree. This camera have all the design clues of high-end Pentax bodies including the LX, MZ-1 and MZ-S. This include even the straps lugs!
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #163
Veteran Member

RE: the bigger prism...has anybody considered that this is a smaller camera body than the K10/K20 with an identical prism? Hence the "bigger" look.
04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
RE: the bigger prism...has anybody considered that this is a smaller camera body than the K10/K20 with an identical prism? Hence the "bigger" look.
We have the lens and mount as reference points. It is definitely taller than previous Pentax DSLR's...
04-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #165
Veteran Member

From what I can work out by look at the photos and my k10d in the same positions this 'new camera' will be about 30% smaller this is mainly by going for the straighter edges than the curves etc on the k10d.

As far as I can tell there's nothing different between that 35mm ltd and mine, I'll upload the photo later tonight.

But yeah it looks like its got a nice big prism and more pro features we have been waiting for.

I wonder what the screen will be like...

Ah I hate the waiting game. Hopefully they'll give some details soon or even a teaser image or just a product image and no specs would be fun.