Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #1681
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
who cares - at least they have some (bad or good) - you do not have it at all of any kind - not meat, not fish... they at least cause some emotions - you are like a distilled water
If you are going to attempt to be offensive at leat put a little effort into it.

That barely even makes sense

05-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #1682
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
And all of them are so close in size that I don't see how a few mm's here or there make any difference to anyone.
Those few mm can make a huge difference.

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
i don't see why big APS-C bodies have to exist at all. that's what the grips are for.
That may be good enough for you, but not everyone. I could just as easily say I don't see why we need to have such small cameras at all, that's what P&S's are for, and I'd be just as wrong as you.
05-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #1683
Pentaxian

The fact is that RiceHigh, ogl have pictures of K-7. Also I know that some more members of this forum also have those pictures (myself included). Most likely they got pictures from different sources. And most likely they don't post those pictures here because they promised to do so. They did not sigh NDA, however some people simply keep their word.

All these pictures are of K-7 from different angles, catalog quality. I don't know source of those pictures. Therefore let's assume they didn't get them from official sources.

I really doubt you can make such quality pictures with Photoshop. So, the only possibility of fake K-7 is that someone made a mock-up camera and pictured it.

However in Russia leaks are coming from photographer very closely associated with Pentax, who was testing K10D, K20D and who is testing K-7 now. Camera of his leaked images is exactly the same as on those pictures I have mentioned before.

So, if pictures which RiceHigh and ogl have are fake, that would mean that Pentax distribute fake pictures themselves. I don't believe that, it would be completely absurd.

Also it is clear that while many have seen pictures of K-7 not many have seen specifications of it.

Last edited by Edvinas; 05-01-2009 at 03:55 PM.
05-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #1684
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
I'm pretty sure that the people under the NDA know what they can and can't release and that they also know how they can or can't release it....

Along w/ what they can or cannot claim on their taxes..........
Or at what speed they can or cannot drive at .. or ........
Pretty darn sure releasing those pictures to anyone was probably NOT in someones mind...

05-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #1685
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Ok, I could live with that, but - based on what? The Z and Mz series have had the DOP-button at exactly this place, having exactly this shape. Just curious...
I know:ugh:
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #1686
Pentaxian

Some people do not like that others know something they don't...apparently...
05-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #1687
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
The fact is that RiceHigh, ogl have pictures of K-7. Also I know that some more members of this forum also have those pictures (myself included). Most likely they got pictures from different sources. And most likely they don't post those pictures here because they promised to do so. They did not sigh NDA, however some people simply keep their word.

All these pictures are of K-7 from different angles, catalog quality. I don't know source of those pictures. Therefore let's assume they didn't get them from official sources.

I really doubt you can make such quality pictures with Photoshop. So, the only possibility of fake K-7 is that someone made a mock-up camera and pictured it.

However in Russia leaks are coming from photographer very closely associated with Pentax, who was testing K10D, K20D and who is testing K-7 now. Camera of his leaked images is exactly the same as on those pictures I have mentioned before.

So, if pictures which RiceHigh and ogl have are fake, that would mean that Pentax distribute fake pictures themselves. I don't believe that, it would be completely absurd.

Also it is clear that while many have seen pictures of K-7 not many have seen specifications of it.
That's all well and good and the pictures are more likely genuine than fake (indeed I'd pretty much dismissed the chance of the latter after the mode dial shot turned up). We shouldn't forget that neither RiceHigh nor Ogl have actually leaked any images - they all come second or third hand.

What I was taking exception to were claims being made about the capabilities of the camera which we have no reason to believe, or which seem unlikely, because mere photographs do not give you this kind of information.

There's just a chance of things getting out of hand.

I seem to recall Ogl (I think it was Ogl, I apologise if it was not) raving about the K20Ds fast frame rate before release. Roland pointed out that yes it has a fast frame rate but this is at a reduced resolution. And so it was that the mechanical frame rate was stuck at 3 fps. Its this which I am keen to avoid.

Just to add a note of scepticism that's all. I'm not saying Ricehigh or Ogl are wrong or lying but I am saying that perhaps we should hope the best but prepare for the worst.

Last edited by Caat; 05-01-2009 at 04:15 PM.
05-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #1688
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
The fact is that RiceHigh, ogl have pictures of K-7. Also I know that some more members of this forum also have those pictures (myself included). Most likely they got pictures from different sources.
Why is is that most likely? Occam's Razor — pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate — suggests that a single leak is the most plausible explanation, in absence of some reason to believe otherwise.

05-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #1689
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Some people do not like that others know something they don't...apparently...
You should wait for the ultimate surprise but like many other *connaisseurs* linked to cereals whether in their natural or fermented and distilled way you'll be waiting till 20th.

Radu
05-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #1690
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
I've gotten crucified here for mentioning it wasn't great...

Cheers,
Cameron
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
I just don't understand how it can be excellent when the k10 and probably even the k100 perform better...
Maybe people like me are confused when we sit here with a few hundred photos shot at 300mm f8 and ISO 1600 that look absolutely fantastic on our cards, and we're told that the camera we used sucks at high ISO? (particularly after some comparison with our buddy's 40D, 50D, and 1D iii, which while somewhat better in some respects certainly do not demote the K20D to "poor" territory). I've yet to see an image from a K10D or K100 that looks as good as the K20D at ISO 800+. I've seen them look cleaner, yes, as well as more smeared and with less detail and subtlety. You can make the K20D look like that, too, and with somewhat better detail.

If the K7D matches the K20D's high ISO performance, I'll be satisfied. If it's got an improvement of a stop or more, I'll be just plain thrilled.
05-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #1691
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
You should wait for the ultimate surprise but like many other *connaisseurs* linked to cereals whether in their natural or fermented and distilled way you'll be waiting till 20th.

Radu

Too much *Lana caprina*. It is all a question of *Praesumptio juris et de jure*

Rui
05-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #1692
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Along w/ what they can or cannot claim on their taxes..........
Or at what speed they can or cannot drive at .. or ........
Pretty darn sure releasing those pictures to anyone was probably NOT in someones mind...
and why not exactly? We are talking about the camera are we not? There are many many many more people visiting the forum are they not? There is a huge buzz surrounding the thing, is there not?
05-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #1693
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Very nice to have you here:ugh:
Nice to have you here too. If you'd care to look at my equipment list I have quite a bit of Pentax equipment. It's not like I'm bashing Pentax at all. It's ridiculous the way people react here when you mention any other brand. Like you're stabbing Pentax in the back. Don't get so bent out of shape about such things.

I'm just not interested in incremental updates on an already good camera. It's not worth it to me to buy something like that. The video feature would be very nice to have and I'm sure this will be a good camera. But it's not enough for me to want to get it when it will cost around $1500 at release. I obviously don't know the full specs but I doubt there will be anything that will change my mind. I'm sure it will be great, just not great enough for me to want that badly.

On the other hand the Nikon and Canon FF cameras and the systems in general offer things that I can't currently get from Pentax, so I am looking at them for a SECOND body. Being that I have a plethora of amazing Pentax lenses my Pentax kit will stay my main day to day kit, but whichever other body I choose will be sure to get plenty of use too.
05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #1694
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Those few mm can make a huge difference.

That may be good enough for you, but not everyone. I could just as easily say I don't see why we need to have such small cameras at all, that's what P&S's are for, and I'd be just as wrong as you.
yeah? why does an APS-C camera have to be bigger if it only requires a certain amount of space? Why would one want a bigger camera? I'm assuming for better handling. Well, you can use a grip to make a camera bigger if you wish, that's why they call it a grip.

What can you do to make a camera smaller if that's what you want?
05-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #1695
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
What I was taking exception to were claims being made about the capabilities of the camera which we have no reason to believe, or which seem unlikely, because mere photographs do not give you this kind of information.

Have I missed something? I haven't heard any claims about this cameras capabilities except that it has video capabilities, something that seems pretty modest and even likely to me. The rest (if any) are certainly not very exciting, and certainly not hard to believe; pretty standard really. The viewfinder issue has not been elaborated upon and is reasonable(?) speculation based on the cameras looks.
I can't see how anyone can be dissapointed by the real thing based on the rumors leaked so far unless Pentax have made real a dog (sorry dogs!).