Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #1696
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Why is is that most likely? Occam's Razor — pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate — suggests that a single leak is the most plausible explanation, in absence of some reason to believe otherwise.
I'm holding out for some Sanskrit.

05-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #1697
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Hey, dejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I thought your doctor told you to lay off the distilled stuff (and I am not talking about water). The only emotion you give me is

Radu

P.S. Only a fool can equal that one without more mouth than info+brains combined has no clues or solid facts about the new camera. I guess you fit in just fine ...
Ask your grandfather to teach you good manners.
05-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #1698
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
He can't be teached. It's impossible.
05-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #1699
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rice likes Pentax lenses and I like it too. As for me, camera is just tool. Good camera is good tool.
I think that Rice "makes a mountain out of a molehill" sometimes when he sees the minors of Pentax cameras, but I don't think that he discredit Pentax equipment.

Have a look how good old FAJ18-35 works at Canon 5D.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Some Sample Photos with FAJ 18-35 on 5D (Full Frame)
I had a look at the link you provided. I can’t say that I find the images mindblowing. Not to discredit, but I don’t feel that I can make the conclusion that it should be a great lens, from the images posted. But then again the Canon wide angle zooms, are generally nothing to write home about either.
(I can’t see what jpeg settings the camera was at, so as to make a full conclusion). I don’t plan on buying any of the images, I wonder how many he sells.

If the pictures tell it all, then it seems his Eos 5D blow highlights, maybe it has trouble metering correctly. (And it is not only in the picture of the mirror building, with reflection of the sun in early afternoon light).
The selected pictures, do not give testament to his conclusion, IMO.
The auto white balance doesn’t seem to have done a particularly good job either. I’ve actually seen better images from RH.

(Not long ago he even disputed, when people stated that it was possible to use Pentax lenses on Canon FF. But seems he has gotten around since then).

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Actually, Ryan, a sealed body is of great use even without a sealed lens. It means you dont' have to treat the camera like an open circuit board, and protect your lens like you always would.

That means a whole lot less area to protect in a bit of rain. It'd certainly be a nice feature to have if I ever get hold of the new 55, but I don't think it'd change my habits much.
Good point

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Maybe. But for the DA55-300 I think it's hopeless even with a good AF, it will never be that fast.

I also have the D-FA 100 macro and weirdly enough (for a macro lens) this lens focus very fast (when it doesn't miss the focus point in which case it goes back and forth). It feels like exploding into focus when in good light. I think for AF-S, Pentax has just a bit of tweak to do for low-light (like they did with the K-m). It goes very fast to about the correct focus point then make small adjustments that take too much time. I think they should at least give us an option to select speed vs accuracy.

Now... when things are moving, it's another story and this is where they have to improve *a lot* to catch up with the competition, Sony and Olympus included. And here it's mainly a software problem, this has almost nothing to do with "Old Safox".
Yes, I've heard before that the DFA 100/2.8 should have fast AF. I think someone explained that when close to infinity; the throw doesn't seem particularly long

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
I for one an very happy that it does NOT appear to have a tilt/swivel LCD. Save those for camcorders without viewfinders, and "megazoom" P&S cameras.

My K-7 wish list: (in order)

-Faster AF comparable to the class-leaders
-Improvements to high ISO (to an already excellent k20d)
-More FPS (6 would be consistent with the class-leaders)

Mainly I am just posting to be a part of history in the "Megathread"
Me neither, the tilt/swivel often make the back bulky; harder to comfortably use pentaprism viewfinder

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I'm not really interested in taking pictures of star trails. They're neat but I'm much more interested in keeping the stars as points. I've tried this with my K10D and to do so, even with my 31mm 1.8 at f2 I needed to set the ISO to 1600 to get the full effect of the night sky and keep stars as points. At 1600 the image is extremely noisy. I would rather not have to use NR software.
When you hook the camera up to the tripod, you should be able to go with 30 second exposure, up to a minute, and still have stars as spots :
PENTAX Photo Gallery
This would then be at Iso 640-800.

But granted, the Eos 5D would also be very capable in this sort of photography.
Playing in Photoshop can also bring results, as the fourth picture here shows :
Star Trails Tutorial - FM Forums

You should for sure get what works for you. I hope one day, Pentax dusts off, and puts into production, the 20/1.4 AL :
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/_prototype/K20f1.4.html
They would then have the fastest ultra-wide available. Just look at how people crave the Nikon 28/1.4

Last edited by Jonson PL; 05-01-2009 at 11:33 PM.
05-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #1700
RaduA

ogl, you poor soul, I saw that you have the disposition to include referals to religion and family into your $|-|i+ loaded posts. Unless you're looking for a way to be banned try to avoid this in the future. And now go mop some floors please!

QuoteOriginally posted by Zebooka Quote
He can't be teached. It's impossible.
Assault of the Russian clones? I don't remember having any beef (or conversation for that matter) with you, so?

Radu
05-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #1701
ogl
Banned

ogl, you poor soul, I saw that you have the disposition to include referals to religion and family into your $|-|i+ loaded posts. Unless you're looking for a way to be banned try to avoid this in the future. And now go mop some floors please!

Assault of the Russian clones? I don't remember having any beef (or conversation for that matter) with you, so?

Radu
You are so miserable...
It's very hard to discuss or talk with fanatic man who has some mental disorder.
To say honest I don't understand what you want and what you press for in this forums.

I see a lot of senseless words and nothing else.

Last edited by ogl; 05-02-2009 at 03:56 AM.
05-02-2009, 02:27 AM   #1702
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Ask your grandfather to teach you good manners -- You are so miserable
@RaduA, @ogl, may I ask you respectively put each other on your personal ignore list?

Thank You so much

05-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #1703
Veteran Member

Grow up people! We don't want to read the bickering fighting about the new camera
05-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #1704
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Grow up people! We don't want to read the bickering fighting about the new camera
ahem.. with all due respect, in that case you are in the wrong place. the page count on this thread is up to 114 (i won't even mention post count), and you have most probably read them all. so it seems like you _do_ want to, unless there is some compulsive urge you cannot control
05-02-2009, 03:56 AM   #1705
Veteran Member

Radu
I'm not a clone, I'm individual.
Byebye...

Between, aprox. 16 days left. I can't wait to see official specs (FPS, AF, Metering (well here I know something at least))
05-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #1706
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Zebooka Quote
I'm not a clone, I'm individual.
Byebye...

Between, aprox. 16 days left. I can't wait to see official specs (FPS, AF, Metering (well here I know something at least))
Like I said I have nothing against you and I want to keep it that way!

Bye,
Radu
05-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #1707
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Me neither, the tilt/swivel often make the back bulky; harder to comfortably use pentaprism viewfinder
"often" = not always. A tilt/swivel LCD can also be useful for those who don't want the LCD at all or when you want to protect it while in the bag.

For me I would give up fast fps (not often useful especially when AF-C is not able to follow) for an articulated LCD because my back would be relieved and I would look less funny when trying to get some angles. Here is an example:

I did it with my K-m without looking at the viewfinder, the camera was about 2 inches above the ground. With Liveview and an articulated LCD I could easily have composed the shot.
05-02-2009, 04:55 AM   #1708
RaduA

You are so miserable...
It's very hard to discuss or talk with fanatic man who has some mental disorder.
To say honest I don't understand what you want and what you press for in this forums.

I see a lot of senseless words and nothing else.
You described yourself better than I could ever do, thanks! In all fairness I never thought about you as fanatical but all the rest though are spot on. Acknowledging your problems could be the first step for regaining your mental health.

I wish you luck!
Radu
05-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #1709
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
@RaduA, @ogl, may I ask you respectively put each other on your personal ignore list?

Thank You so much
I'll tell you a better possibility: what about when you propose an opinion to debate here I pick on you and say that Pentax is your God, I bring your family and religion into this, I'll call you a miserable fanatic with mental disorders and I ask you as kindly as you did that after that you just put me on your ignore list? Because any action has a reaction and if you want to play judge you better study the case first. This guy's hysteria towards me comes from the fact that I exposed him many times as the fraud he usually is with plenty of quotes about his past and present *predictions*. If he stops I'll be more than glad to put him into the oblivion he deserves.

Fair enough?
Radu

L.E. I would of prefer very much not to pollute further more this thread with messages about this matter but since you post it on the forum instead of a p.m. you left me no choice that to respond also here.

Last edited by RaduA; 05-02-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: the L.E. part
05-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #1710
Veteran Member

Apparently yall are new around the internet. If you respond to insults with insults, you just get more insults, and if you proceed to reply to those insults with insults..... The best way to make him stop is to ignore him, that goes for both of you.