Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #1846
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
now put some similar FF zoom lens on K20D (something like Sigma 24-135/2.8-4.5) and fixed lens on D700 (something like AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D)... and FF D700 will not look that scary
To be fair, one should put the same lenses on each camera and then the D700 still looks scarier... Even the D300 is scary enough with that bright red triangle....

05-05-2009, 05:32 AM   #1847
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
To be fair, one should put the same lenses on each camera and then the D700 still looks scarier... Even the D300 is scary enough with that bright red triangle....
Or just take the stinking lenses off. Hell of a lot easier, lol.
05-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #1848
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Actually it doesn't say much more than Pentax cameras are more compact than Nikon ones...
actually it says that Nikon did better job packing FF in D700 than Pentax packing APS-C in K20D... K20D could be smaller.
05-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #1849
Veteran Member

actually it says that Nikon did better job packing FF in D700 than Pentax packing APS-C in K20D... K20D could be smaller.
sure it could be. you mean, like the rebel series, right? no, thanks. (note: also keep in mind that SR contraption is neither weightless nor is it adimenssional )

05-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #1850
Veteran Member

I highly doubt that camera size is linearly related to sensor size unless your'e comparing some P&S with camera-truck. I think It should be measured against some average photographers hand size because that's the first thing camera should be shaped after.

Nikon has no shake reduction system... now compare it to Sony which has it.
For the lenses i think Jodokast96 was very right about taking them off. On the other hand you have to take into account that you can get smaller lenses on APS-C camera with the same equivalent parameters.

I thin a better point would be saying this when comparing with k200d.. what else so size demanding besides prism and few more seals k20d has? And the k200d fit handles perfectly, although i must say i have rather small hands so k20d could be built to fit average hand.

Last edited by ytterbium; 05-05-2009 at 09:08 AM.
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #1851
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
keep in mind that SR contraption is neither weightless nor is it adimenssional
not only SR machinery. all those motors in lenses bring additional weight and volume. that's clearly visible in case of canon EF lenses - EF50/1.4 looks gargantuan, when compared to FA50/1.4, because it has motor for aperture, and motor for focusing. imagine all the stuff needed for in-lens SR!

(gotta keep this thread alive! )
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #1852
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
(gotta keep this thread alive! )
Definately.. even if it is too hard to qualitatively follow such a long thread. Well there have been spawned some additional threads focussed on specific subjects in which it is easier to keep track so i assume it is not a crime do some spamming in here.

Because we have 2009-1852=157 posts to go!

Lets keep other threads clean . Post some nonsense like 1.3x crop factor, mentioned some zillionth times, in here.

How about camera with uncontinious grip. MS-Paint'ed. Imagine the second grip having all the original features (buttons, battery and sd slots). And when you tilt it, the sensor tilts the LCD image. How about square stuff now? Square LCD? or just reorganized info for portrait shooting... I think this could make it to the Grippopotamus title.. can someone make up anything uglier..:
Attached Images

Last edited by ytterbium; 05-05-2009 at 01:31 PM.
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #1853
Veteran Member

while you're at it, i am left handed. you figure it out.. (hint: the "star"ist would finally have a meaning)

05-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #1854
Veteran Member

Star as a star shaped camera?
Well then why not go directly to something like wheel camera?
If you add a tire around it, would make it much more enduring as well..just do not forget to balance it in such way that the lens stays up when the thing goes floating in some pound.
05-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #1855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
Star as a star shaped camera?
Well then why not go directly to something like wheel camera?
If you add a tire around it, would make it much more enduring as well..just do not forget to balance it in such way that the lens stays up when the thing goes floating in some pound.
No ofcourse not. It is sealed. If you float it lens down, you could take underwater pics.

okay, 2000 minus 1855, err how much?
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #1856
Veteran Member

This thread has gotten so big, I actually had to go to Ricehigh's blog to figure out what's going on...
05-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #1857
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love how this thread still follows typical internet dynamics. Small threads have a post and some helpful follow ups. Large threads have initial discussion followed by passionate and slightly rediculous arguments about somewhat related topics, generally ending with personal insults. Mega threads like this one lose all of that annoying tension and reach a new strata of internet, hillarity. Here we find ourselves in one of the more enjoyable aspects of internet life, being able to throw out crazy ideas like a star camera with no "omg wtf lol ur 1 m0ron" or whatever.

To add to the awesomeness, I head the k7 comes with laser levels for landscape/surveying applications. This feeds into pentax's new slogan "not just a niche brand, we're an every niche brand"

Looking forward to advancements in the real of agricultural photography and built in digital versions of every cokin filter ever made including the infamous rainbow filter.
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #1858
jay
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
This thread has gotten so big, I actually had to go to Ricehigh's blog to figure out what's going on...
That's really sad.

Let's talk more about video. If Pentax could pull off live uncompressed 1080p output from the HDMI port, it'd be a huge hit.

The form factor by itself sucks for video -- but honestly, when you build it up, it's no different than a broadcast-quality camera. You get a good-quality custom-made sled, and it is functionally identical to a $150,000 Sony broadcast camera.

MPEG4 is by far the best compression codec for video these days (especially at medium bitrates), so that choice is obvious.

Now all we need is four-channel balanced audio, and it'd be perfect :-)
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #1859
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
To add to the awesomeness, I head the k7 comes with laser levels for landscape/surveying applications. This feeds into pentax's new slogan "not just a niche brand, we're an every niche brand"
Wouldn't be surprised, Pentax already makes Surveying equipment.
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #1860
Veteran Member

Total Station

The Pentax total station rocks, I used one a while back, and our surveyor had to break his out today as he was downtown Niagara Falls and the GPS couldn't get a lock.

(Plus GPS doesn't work indoors, like if you are laying out bolt patterns, or lighting.)