Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #2386
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 127
1300 euros, plus 250 for a new battery grip, and then at least one extra battery, add on top of that at typical Norwegian distributor premium (tm).. I guess I'll stick to the K20D for quite a while then.

I'm starting to feel that this K7 is more of a evolution than a revolution, no matter what those Japanese ads say. Seems more like a better-overall body than something totally amazing stuff you'll just have to buy. Based on the rumors of course.

05-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #2387
Pentaxian
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,753
QuoteOriginally posted by sveinmb Quote
1300 euros, plus 250 for a new battery grip, and then at least one extra battery, add on top of that at typical Norwegian distributor premium (tm).. I guess I'll stick to the K20D for quite a while then.

I'm starting to feel that this K7 is more of a evolution than a revolution, no matter what those Japanese ads say. Seems more like a better-overall body than something totally amazing stuff you'll just have to buy. Based on the rumors of course.
You are wrong... Really.
05-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #2388
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
I would NEVER even CONSIDER Pentax.
Someday you might try a Pentax prime lens, whether the Limited series or an old Takumar. Y'know, the ones Canon photogs get so excited about adapting for their bodies.

Then, you will understand.
05-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #2389
New Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Caen (France)
Posts: 22
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
If your english is too rusty, you can tell me more in french
Sure you understood everything By respect to all member I'll try to keep writing english.

By the way, I've nothing else yet. Sure Pentax representative will finally talk under grilling

Dams

05-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #2390
New Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Caen (France)
Posts: 22
QuoteOriginally posted by sveinmb Quote
1300 euros, plus 250 for a new battery grip, and then at least one extra battery, add on top of that at typical Norwegian distributor premium (tm).. I guess I'll stick to the K20D for quite a while then.

I'm starting to feel that this K7 is more of a evolution than a revolution, no matter what those Japanese ads say. Seems more like a better-overall body than something totally amazing stuff you'll just have to buy. Based on the rumors of course.
Yes sound quite expensive, actually I was looking for an upgrade to my K10 cause meet some F/B Focus issues and some difficults to work even w/ 800 iso.
I first though about frimeware upgrade but the NO-answer of Pentax leave me no hope.
Then what about K20D? It was the answer one month ago just before K7 rumor. Regardless the price, I need something more than K10D can afford and as I'm going to change why not K-7 instead of K20.
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #2391
Junior Member
Lore's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 33
QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Never say never.



Canon never claimed the 5DII to be properly weather sealed. They do have some sealing gaskets in various areas for some moisture and dust "resistance", but you can tell just from the lack of rubber gasket on the lens mount that it's not meant for use in serious weather.
right... the 60D "Rumors" as they stand have always maintained that it will include weather sealing.

Canon 60D Specs:

* 15.1mp (apparently it will be the same sensor with some internal upgrades)
* DIGIC V (DIGIC IV a stopover to a big advancement in processing)
* New 13 Point AF
* 1080p Movie Mode
* 8fps
* 3″ VGA LCD
* 98% VF
* New Battery
* Weathersealing
* Ergonomic Upgrades
* 1x Compact Flash and 1x Secure Digital Slots

Now which will be better is the question I ask myself at this point. Pentax which has been weather sealing 'mid range' cameras for some time, quite effectively, or will Canon do a great job... however... at that point it will come down to the 2 outspec'ing eachother... ( for me ) there is also talk that the 60D would have an articulating LCD... HOW could a weather sealed camera have an Articulating screen? http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-60d/
Beats me... so 'maybe' you're right... & that feature is only set on the $2000+ cameras w/ Canon.... who knows... RUMORS RUMORS...

Last edited by Lore; 05-12-2009 at 03:29 PM.
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #2392
Junior Member
Lore's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 33
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Someday you might try a Pentax prime lens, whether the Limited series or an old Takumar. Y'know, the ones Canon photogs get so excited about adapting for their bodies.

Then, you will understand.
hmmm... i dont doubt that, I've done quite abit of research since I began my journey with this thread weeks ago

should I decide to take the leap, like I said I have my lens line up all ready and set to go

Tamron 17-50mm 2.8
Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4
Pentax DA 35mm Macro Limited Lens
Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited

is what I have saved on my notepad on my desktop along with what was only my Canon Lens wishlist

Does that sound like a pretty good lineup to start with?
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #2393
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Croatia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 64
Countdown/teaser introduced also on official Pentax site in Croatia - Neo Orbis d.o.o. Zagreb :: Pentax :: Novosti

No new imagery whatsoever, but an online lottery is up - the winner is picked on May 20th and gets a K-7 on tryout for 24 hours

*apply for lottery mode on*...

05-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #2394
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 127
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
Tamron 17-50mm 2.8
Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4
Pentax DA 35mm Macro Limited Lens
Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited

is what I have saved on my notepad on my desktop along with what was only my Canon Lens wishlist

Does that sound like a pretty good lineup to start with?
I usually have a lot of wishlists floating around my computer too

If you're in it for the weather sealing you might want to consider the DA* 16-55 after all? You might also consider the DA 70 instead of the FA 77. It's a tough choice between the two of them. I went for the DA because of the quick shift focus ability and lower price tag. The 35 macro has a lot of supporters here. I prefer a longer working distance for 1:1 macro, but I guess it's a nice allrounder. You might also choose the DA40 instead of that one and tease some of your canon friends with some delicious pancake(s).
05-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #2395
Veteran Member
Torphoto's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad W.I.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 620
QuoteOriginally posted by sveinmb Quote
I usually have a lot of wishlists floating around my computer too

If you're in it for the weather sealing you might want to consider the DA* 16-55 after all? You might also consider the DA 70 instead of the FA 77. It's a tough choice between the two of them. I went for the DA because of the quick shift focus ability and lower price tag. The 35 macro has a lot of supporters here. I prefer a longer working distance for 1:1 macro, but I guess it's a nice allrounder. You might also choose the DA40 instead of that one and tease some of your canon friends with some delicious pancake(s).
+1 for the DA 70mm, it's the poor mans FA 77
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #2396
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 278
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
hmmm... i dont doubt that, I've done quite abit of research since I began my journey with this thread weeks ago

should I decide to take the leap, like I said I have my lens line up all ready and set to go

Tamron 17-50mm 2.8
Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4
Pentax DA 35mm Macro Limited Lens
Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited

is what I have saved on my notepad on my desktop along with what was only my Canon Lens wishlist

Does that sound like a pretty good lineup to start with?
That sound like a very decent and informed wish list, although you probably need to work out the muscle to carry the 60-250.
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #2397
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
Tamron 17-50mm 2.8
Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4
Pentax DA 35mm Macro Limited Lens
Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited
I'm not sure we should take this thread off-topic -- ha ha ha!

I am more a prime person so would take a different approach. I have the primes you mention and they are excellent lenses. I do not use the DA35 as much as I might otherwise, since I have two other macro options. I consider it more a good walk-around lens that just happens to focus arbitrarily close. If someone wanted just one lens and liked landscapes, urban candids and flower shots, while requiring auto-focus, it would be my number one recommendation.

But it is largely redundant if you are planning on the 17-50/2.8 as your general purpose lens. I would go instead for a longer focal length macro, if you think you need one at all. (There are several good choices depending on whether you want AF.) Or even a diopter adapter for the end of the FA77. That works well.

Instead, consider if you might want something faster for special use. If you don't mind manual everything lenses, the K50/1.2 is insanely good value. And you can show off the fast aperture to your Canonite friends. I know I do.
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #2398
Veteran Member
jct us101's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 3,695
I think the base of the lens mount area isn't going to be as dramatic as that...more rounded.
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #2399
Veteran Member
er1kksen's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,663
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote

there is also talk that the 60D would have an articulating LCD... HOW could a weather sealed camera have an Articulating screen? Canon Rumors Canon 60D
Beats me... so 'maybe' you're right... & that feature is only set on the $2000+ cameras w/ Canon.... who knows... RUMORS RUMORS...
Err, have you seen the Olympus E-3? Some of the best weathersealing available, people take photos underwate with it on occasion (most often by accident, but you get the point). It's got an articulating screen.
05-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #2400
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,862
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Do you really think theres a single person on the planet that have read the whole thread?
Not?

I was sure that 300,000 have read every single bit of it. Wasn't it this what the number of views meant to mean?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST A PIC TO OWN THE PIC ABOVE! (Game) ll_coffee_lP Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 788 08-01-2015 01:01 AM
Who out there would prefer a K30D? Ben Hunt Pentax DSLR Discussion 45 11-05-2010 06:48 AM
What would we want from the K30D? offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 102 04-22-2009 02:30 AM
So... is the K30D actually going to have autofocus? SupremeMoFo Pentax News and Rumors 88 01-03-2009 05:53 PM
Iso 1600 pic and a Butterfly Pic... Eastern Shore Charlie Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top