Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #2401
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dams2One Quote
Hi men&girl,

After 159 exiting pages, it's high time to add some specs (100% first hand).

Flash sync : 1/250
VF : 100%
CMOS K20D++
BackScreen : 921 000
Mic plug
Flash plug (as we can see on RH pics)
shutter : 1/8000
Roughly : 1300€ (kit 18-55 II) [don't know either w/ or w/o WR]
Let me add:
  • Sensitivity ISO100-ISO6400
  • Continuous shooting a little bit over 5fps
  • New grip
  • New more powerful battery
  • Contrast detect AF
  • 77 exposure metering zones
  • Improved weathersealing
  • Back screen 3"
  • Video mode
  • HDMI output

05-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #2402

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
You are wrong... Really.
There have been a fair number of comments like this from people who have seen the camera and know the specs. So let me ask you this: is there something about this camera that is totally different, new, and amazing, that has managed to completely evade the rumor mill? I mean, is there going to be something that everyone is utterly gobsmacked by? Because so far, don't get me wrong, this thing just seems to me nothing more than a really nice new camera.
05-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #2403
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Video specs

In our forum, there has been a recent discussion of K-7 video specs here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/58822-quality-k-7-video.html
It includes the quoted text fragments (received from multiple sources) which have a correlation with video, together with a discussion how to interprete this text.
QuoteQuote:
[...]
The K-7 features the newly developed PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine) II, an upgrade of the original PRIME, as its imaging engine. [...] It also offers high-speed movie data transmission.
[...]
The K-7 features the Live View function, which allows the user to view the image on the LCD monitor during shooting. You can take advantage of this convenient function not only in the Contrast AF mode, which optimizes the focus based on the subject’s contrast, but also in the Face Recognition AF mode, which automatically and accurately focuses on the subject’s face. Thanks to the newly developed diaphragm-control mechanism, the Live View function can also be used in the continuous shooting mode with the mirror at lock-up position.
[...]
High-quality still image recording at 1280 x 720 pixels; 30-frames-per-second movie recording at HD-television proportions
The K-7 adds a new movie recording function, extending the benefits of SLR photography to the world of movie shooting: For instance, reduce the depth of field to make the subject stand out, or use different lenses to create distinctive visual effects. Beautiful movie clips can be recorded at different sizes — 640 x 416 pixels, 1536 x 1024 pixels, or 1280 x 720 pixels (16:9 high-definition TV proportions) — at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. The K-7 is also equipped with an HDMI terminal and an external microphone input terminal.
[...]
05-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #2404

Well, that is certainly impressive sounding...

05-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #2405
Veteran Member

I wish Pentax didn't have to go the video route. It's just so gimmicky, and they don't even have a good working version on DSLRs.
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #2406

I'm not so interested in it, either, but if it's really well implemented, maybe I'll start in on short films and video art. I mean, a good tool inspires new work, right?

What I really care about is better high ISO, more classic styling, 1/8000, good AF, and a really nice LCD, and it looks like the new camera is going to have all that stuff.

A bonus would be getting to use Pentax-M and -K lenses in Av mode without the green button, but perhaps that's a pipe dream.
05-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #2407

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I wish Pentax didn't have to go the video route. It's just so gimmicky, and they don't even have a good working version on DSLRs.
Don't say that, some people here will insult you personally ("you are an idiot", for example) if you'll say something like this again..
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #2408
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Not?

I was sure that 300,000 have read every single bit of it. Wasn't it this what the number of views meant to mean?
I have read this entire thread.. maybe skimmed over a few useless posts(like mine).
But yeah, probably read 98% of this thread.

It's quiet month at work...

05-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #2409
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Hmm, does your post mean that you had possibility to use K-7 with final firmware?
05-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #2410
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
...as I shoot sports on occasion, more specifically, Hockey.
As a part time sports shooter meself I'd be careful about coming to Pentax . Everything I read says N and C are better for that. Other than that I thoroughly recommend Pentax.

* 1x Compact Flash and 1x Secure Digital Slots
SD slot - now that's exciting! I really dislike CF cards, and the 50D has always tempted me....

Pentax SMC DA* 60-250mm f/4
Do you not need a longish (~200) f2.8 lens? I find I do at some locations.

I love my K20D, the feel, the ergos, the modes (love TAv mode for sport). Just the focus and frame rate are disappointing at present. Though this MAY be about to change.
05-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #2411
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
In our forum, there has been a recent discussion of K-7 video specs here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/58822-quality-k-7-video.html
It includes the quoted text fragments (received from multiple sources) which have a correlation with video, together with a discussion how to interprete this text.
I hope these specs are wrong. I don't want to wait another year and a half for 1080p. The competition will be way ahead of the game by then.
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #2412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Do you really think theres a single person on the planet that have read the whole thread?
me...me..meeeeeee....
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #2413
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
Don't say that, some people here will insult you personally ("you are an idiot", for example) if you'll say something like this again..
Do you really think I care? I know more about DSLRs than most people.
05-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #2414
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Hmm, does your post mean that you had possibility to use K-7 with final firmware?
Yes, I did.
05-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #2415

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
As a part time sports shooter meself I'd be careful about coming to Pentax . Everything I read says N and C are better for that. Other than that I thoroughly recommend Pentax.

SD slot - now that's exciting! I really dislike CF cards, and the 50D has always tempted me....

Do you not need a longish (~200) f2.8 lens? I find I do at some locations.

I love my K20D, the feel, the ergos, the modes (love TAv mode for sport). Just the focus and frame rate are disappointing at present. Though this MAY be about to change.
... hmmm long ya I do... w/ canon ( should I remain here) I am getting the 70-200 f/4 IS when your season ticket pal is in the nose bleeds ( minus when you take photos during warm ups) (old photo, but only perspective shot I have of whereabouts I sit @ the united center ) http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/silentlore/BlackhawksVSPredators/IMG_7086.jpg Right now I use 135mm, its gets me in 'ok' w/ some poor man's zoom ( ie crop action ) but @ 8mp w/ my 30D I'm loosing some quality. So... anywho... I want right in on the action. Plus... I'm an in your face shooter... candids, zoo... etc...

& indeed about sports, my friend I hit games with shoots a Pentax & my Canon P&S cams that I'd shoot with before I went dslr out performed her camera at indoor sport shooting, she has constant WB issues... we'll see what the specs are on this K-7... 80% sure I'll be sticking around as a Canon Fangirl or this camera could impress...

there are some old pentax primes however that I'm thinking about slapping an adapter on my canon and taking them for a spin that's been my scheming for the past hour...

k... back to topic... 7 Days 11 Hours 4 Minutes