05-13-2009, 06:42 AM   #2476
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
is this a new beer?
Made by Asahi, I presume?

05-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #2477

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Based on jpeg wizardry or will it also be interesting for us raw shooters?
My Q exactly.
05-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #2478
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That's unknown at the moment.
05-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #2479

Maybe depends on what info will be stored in raw file and what PP software will come with camera. Maybe there will be new software for video editing, too?!

05-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #2480
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Roberts Quote
Maybe depends on what info will be stored in raw file and what PP software will come with camera. Maybe there will be new software for video editing, too?!
Is this not what the upper Canon stuff does, it's extracted from the RAW file and used by DPP also. Thats a good piece of RAW developing software, every reviewer raves about it, hope Pentax can get near it?
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM   #2481
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
That's unknown at the moment.
I remember similar discussions around EDR when it became clear the K20D would have this feature. My initial assumption was that EDR would be a JPG feature too, but it turned out to work on RAW as well.

Let's hope these rumoured lens corrections will be for RAW too. I would hate to have to revert to either JPG or the Pentax PhotoLab software to do lens specific corrections. I rely on RAW and Lightroom too much for the PP style I've been developing lately...

Wim
05-13-2009, 07:04 AM   #2482
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Let's hope these rumoured lens corrections will be for RAW too. I would hate to have to revert to either JPG or the Pentax PhotoLab software to do lens specific corrections. I rely on RAW and Lightroom too much for the PP style I've been developing lately...
I just hope we will be able to turn these auto-corrections off if we want to, especially if they are applied to RAW.

05-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #2483
MCR
Inactive Account

05-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #2484
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
I just hope we will be able to turn these auto-corrections off if we want to, especially if they are applied to RAW.
Indeed, however if they are well implemented I suspect that preference should be given to corrections as close to the original exposure as possible in the workflow to a finished image. Until now these corrections were part of the development of a RAW file, which was the result of a (slightly processed?) digitized readout from the sensor. If the in-camera corrections can be applied to the data before it is sampled to the RAW output bit rate, we can only win, esp if the actual properties of a given lens can be taken into account.

Note that this implies that for each (now unforeseen) new lens that Pentax will add to the line-up a new firmware upgrade will be required. Also sufficient free space should be foreseen in the in-camera lens table. Alternatively there will be a new generation of in-lens chips, which will include the necessary parameters, and the in-camera lens database will be used for "historic" Pentax lenses only, provided they are recognised. So it will be F, FA and DA generation only (incl. all subgenerations) in the lens table. *If* a lens table is provided and it's not just for new lenses only? Perhaps that's why the DA*60-250/4 took so long, to include this new chip?

But in the end we'll only know more when the camera's are in our hands, i.e. when we can do some empirical testing. But probably we'll still be guessing to a large degree as to what the camera actually does and when it happens in the process...

Wim
05-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #2485
emr

Now I think I've figured out all this talk about the camera's soul, how it's revolutionary and the greatest thing ever:

It's the first camera with artificial intelligence! K-7 AI
05-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #2486
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Whilst it will be a nice thing to have doesn't the Panasonic G1 do this as well? So its not quite unique (unless we're being really pedantic about the use of the term DSLR!)

What would be super amazing would be if Pentax had also included corrections for A, K and M series lenses as well. You could select which one in the same you select focal length for SR in K and M lenses.
05-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #2487
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MCR Quote
Tagesschau a goverment funded new agency from Germany. Starts at 8 in the evening.
05-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #2488

Thanks for posting the screen capture, MCR! Just posted a crop showing only the K-7 in my blog, as this is to my knowledge the very first picture of the full camera.
05-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #2489
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
Thanks for posting the screen capture, MCR! Just posted a crop showing only the K-7 in my blog, as this is to my knowledge the very first picture of the full camera.
This is not screen capture.
http://www.tvblogger.de/wp-content/1_Tagsschau_Studio_2005.jpg
Someone made a bad joke so every german pentaxian would watch tagesschau on 20.05.2009
05-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #2490
Veteran Member

It does sound like this camera has SOUL

Speculations Of Unlimited Lunicy

Specific Optics Ugliness Limiter

Shutter Opens Up like Lightning

Synch Optimized for Under-powered Lights

Stabilizes Old Under-priced Lenses

Sealed Out-of-box Utilitarian Lens

Shoots Oscars Using Limiteds

Sensitivity On Upper Lcd

Sees Objects Unlit Lucidly (focuses in low light)

Secures Ogl's Undying Love