Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #2551
emr

Om81, your signature suggests you know of a Russian speaking forum. If you insist on posting in Russian, perhaps that's the place to do it.

05-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #2552
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Om81, your signature suggests you know of a Russian speaking forum. If you insist on posting in Russian, perhaps that's the place to do it.
Emr, please don't take away the 15 minutes of fame from this guy ... he like a lot of others on this forum knows the specs of the K-7 but neither has the guts to make them public nor the decency to shut up. He wants YOU to know that he knows ... can't you indulge him? And about the Russian writings so common here the fault is not theirs but of the mods who allowed this way too much. Of course now we'll have some witty, sarcastic or pain rude comments in Russian because I *dared* to say all the above. Sic transit gloria forum!

Radu
05-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #2553
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
So if I am thinking about this properly, if the K-7 has 1.0x magnification and 95% FOV, that would mean the physical size of the viewfinder is at least 5% larger? This is not like adding a viewfinder loop which magnifies the image but reduces FOV. Am I thinking about this correctly?
RiceHigh will be happy to explain this. I believe he wrote an entire article about it
05-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #2554

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Emr, please don't take away the 15 minutes of fame from this guy ... he like a lot of others on this forum knows the specs of the K-7 but neither has the guts to make them public nor the decency to shut up. He wants YOU to know that he knows ...
Radu
Yeah... and we begg and cry for more info every time.

05-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #2555
Forum Member

Looking at the rear of K-7 makes me wonder how to select AF sensor, i assume that the AF button doubles as a joystick. That would be a really nice HMI, use joystick to select AF sensor and push it in to activate AF.
/Mats
05-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #2556

QuoteOriginally posted by Mats Quote
Looking at the rear of K-7 makes me wonder how to select AF sensor, i assume that the AF button doubles as a joystick. That would be a really nice HMI, use joystick to select AF sensor and push it in to activate AF.
/Mats
No. The OK button has 2 functions and changes wb,iso,flash,drive buttons in arrows. If you select AF Select and press OK, then you can choose points with those arrows. i.e. almost the same like in k20 but you have to press ok before choosing points
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #2557
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zipser Quote
No. The OK button has 2 functions and changes wb,iso,flash,drive buttons in arrows. If you select AF Select and press OK, then you can choose points with those arrows. i.e. almost the same like in k20 but you have to press ok before choosing points
This would be Very Bad, unless the "AF point selection" can somehow be made the default.

Last edited by RBellavance; 05-13-2009 at 01:31 PM.
05-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #2558
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i.e. almost the same like in k20 but you have to press ok before choosing points
Awful from an usability viewpoint, I select my points all the time.
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #2559
Veteran Member

thats actually kind of handy, as my AF points would often move by themselves in carrying and handling
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #2560
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Awful from an usability viewpoint, I select my points all the time.
I tend to agree, but probably I could get used to it fairly quickly. Only problem I can see is my intention to keep the K20D as an alternate body, which would have me push the OK button without reason on the K20D (assuming I would use the K-7 more).

If pressing the OK button could wake up the camera, that would solve a lot. Now I always have to half press the shutter release to wake it up, so that's an extra button to push before AF point selection anyway...

Wim
05-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #2561
Veteran Member

i still see space on the back for an SR switch...
05-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #2562
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Boo; I hope he's wrong about that. I was hoping for greater than 1x magnification and better than 95% coverage. 1X should still make it the largest APS-C view finder I know of, but that still won't put it quite in the ballpark of FF VF's.
Quick'n'dirty comparison with K20D (using the flash hotshoe as a reference length) shows no discernible differences as to VF exit pupil.

Furthermore, the reduction in size consequences is also to get the rear controls (e-dial, green button and AF button) closer to the VF: bad news for me since I am left-eyed, chances are the controls will play hide and seek under my nose...

Last question, what is the right most button on the 4 way pad doing? I really doesn't look like a drive selector...?
Attached Images

05-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #2563

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
This would be Very Bad, unless the "AF point selection" can somehow be made the default.
That would be good if one can switch between two modes - one mode where arrow buttons work as wb, drive and other function buttons (as labeled on camera) and other mode where arrow buttons work for switching between focus points. And way to switch between modes would be, for example, by pushing and holding Ok button for one or two seconds.
05-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #2564
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Quick'n'dirty comparison with K20D...
Heck, it is quite a bit smaller than a K20D. I wonder if it is too small for a man's hands.
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #2565
Inactive Account

Too small :/ I can only get 4 fingers on K20D without the grip. This would leave it at 3.5 fingers. So folks with large shovel hands will need the grip to be able to hold this.