Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #2566
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Heck, it is quite a bit smaller than a K20D. I wonder if it is too small for a man's hands.
Side by side with K20D. Card door looks taller? e-dial is apparently rubberized (cool!) Four way controler has also moved a bit to the right.

Attached Images

Last edited by lol101; 05-13-2009 at 02:11 PM.
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #2567

I'm very pleased with size and shape of this camera--it looks more like a descendent of the MX and LX, and should feel that way, too.
05-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #2568
Veteran Member

Heck, it is quite a bit smaller than a K20D. I wonder if it is too small for a man's hands.
I was thinking that myself. Neither large enough to be comfy or small enough to fit in a pocket would put it in some weird gray area for me. Perhaps it will be ok with the grip, but if these images are accurate it looks like my hand will wrap around it without a grip.

Oh well though, women do make up half the population after all. People with large hands have plenty of pro-grade cameras to choose from already. But this will be the only magnesium-clad small body on the market. Pentax may have found a niche.
05-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #2569
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Last question, what is the right most button on the 4 way pad doing? I really doesn't look like a drive selector...?
That would be my guess...at least a 1 in 2 shot.

They eliminated the Fn button/menu and the bracketing button. People say there is no bracketing button at all on the K-7...so that leaves drive mode.

Sounds possible, at least
QuoteOriginally posted by Maffer Quote
Too small :/ I can only get 4 fingers on K20D without the grip. This would leave it at 3.5 fingers. So folks with large shovel hands will need the grip to be able to hold this.
Without the grip on the K10, my pinky is left to hang entirely off the camera. With the grip, it's fully on.

If that Futurama PS pic is true, the grip will be big enough for us...thank goodness!

Edit: Anyone with good PS skills care to make a comparison to the K-m?

05-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #2570

Furthermore, the reduction in size consequences is also to get the rear controls (e-dial, green button and AF button) closer to the VF: bad news for me since I am left-eyed, chances are the controls will play hide and seek under my nose...
As a left eye focuser myself I do share your concern. On the K20 my nose ends up somewhere around the left side of the 4 way pad, almost on the OK-button. On the K7 this could be somewhere around the liveview button - now THAT would be annoying !!

The grip does however look rather nice, and probably more comfortable than the D-BG2.
05-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #2571
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zipser Quote
No. The OK button has 2 functions and changes wb,iso,flash,drive buttons in arrows. If you select AF Select and press OK, then you can choose points with those arrows. i.e. almost the same like in k20 but you have to press ok before choosing points
From the images it looks as if the 4-way controller is moved downwards a little bit compared to K20D, not ideal from a thumb position point of view.

/Mats
05-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #2572
Veteran Member

Sweet. Only for me it seems to be less sealed (without the "open" thing and so.. maybe like k200d).

05-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #2573

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
They eliminated the Fn button/menu and the bracketing button. People say there is no bracketing button at all on the K-7...so that leaves drive mode.
I would hope that means the bracketing is burried somewhere as a menu option. I wouldnt think the top model would be without it...would it?

Wheres the SD card door release lever?
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #2574
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmmm.. Doves... wind... spectacle. The announcement ceremony will be directed by John Woo?
Ha ha! Hopefully by the old John Woo, before he got crap. Or maybe he was always crap but just didn't have the budget to look it. In any case, here's to a Better Tomorrow!

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Amazing picture. I hope this is what a K7 can deliver too.
The K20D can do it now. So can many cameras in the right hands.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
Well its clear that she was not wearing her new necklace in the first photo
Hilarious!

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
I like the idea of small RAW or sRAW in Canon terms. I'd like to have the flexibility in WB, exposure and all. However at times I don't need full 14-15MP.
Me too. This would have real value.
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #2575
Veteran Member

Last question, what is the right most button on the 4 way pad doing?
Looks like a filled white hexagon to me.
05-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #2576
Forum Member

Last question, what is the right most button on the 4 way pad doing? I really doesn't look like a drive selector...?
It is quite blurry, but the only icon on the other Pentax cameras which is similar in shape and with the overall opacity, is the SR icon (the hand).
It is usually green, however, on the other cameras.
But to me it looks like the SR switch icon.
05-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #2577
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
God I hope it's not really that small. The K10D is a bit too small but usable when I need to use it without the grip, but this would be unbearable.
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #2578
Veteran Member

Hummm whats the door under the sd card slot door?
05-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #2579
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
Hummm whats the door under the sd card slot door?
Remote cable release plug.
05-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #2580
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
theme song already released on amazon...

name indicates this will have focus tracking and faster AF for sports photography
Here's a better clip:

YouTube - K7 & the Swing Kids ~ Come Baby Come (Live)

I move that "Come Baby Come" by K7 and the Swing Kids be named the official song of the Pentax K-7. Do I have a second? Do we have "forum quorum" for a vote?

Also to Lore, you may stick with Canon, and that's fine, but I'm sensing a definite Pentax personallity from you. As long as you buy all of Canon's best prime lenses and root with an almost irrational fervor for underdog cameras with great value, I think we can name you an honorary Pentaxian.