Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #2596
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm becoming obsessed with the drama!:ugh:

Didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I'm just amazed at my interest.

05-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #2597
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Light_Horseman Quote
What's with all the pessimism and bitching about something that has not been offfically announced?
Pentax have not hyped this at all - just put a countdown till announcement. All hype has come from speculation and poorly leaked tidbits.
don't forget much of what's been 'leaked' has been prepared, official Pentax marketing material. even the president of Pentax has been teasing/hyping the K-7 on his personal blog - including envoking nobody less than the Beatles to do so.

we're all excited, else we wouldn't be here.

we've slowly put together a sense of this camera that Pentax has had a hand in actively teasing us with, so i'd say it's pretty natural to not want to be disappointed. wouldn't you?
05-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #2598
Veteran Member

Oh yes sir, right away, just for you, no more bitching from me. And don't think for one second Pentax isn't onboard with these leaks. But one thing I'll give you, they are poorly done.
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #2599
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaikis_ Quote
Sold today my K20D, waiting for K-7
Tai ten tu K20D omnitel.foto pardavinėjai už 2050Lt?

05-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #2600
Veteran Member

as it stands now, the K-7 already perfectly suits my needs, and i can't wait to get one.

perhaps i'm not humble enough to accept that all this crazy hype was really worth a camera that only suits my needs.
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #2601

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
don't forget much of what's been 'leaked' has been prepared, official Pentax marketing material. even the president of Pentax has been teasing/hyping the K-7 on his personal blog - including envoking nobody less than the Beatles to do so.

we're all excited, else we wouldn't be here.

we've slowly put together a sense of this camera that Pentax has had a hand in actively teasing us with, so i'd say it's pretty natural to not want to be disappointed. wouldn't you?
Some of the leaked photos have surely come from Pentax and they've used viral marketing quite effectively, but the specs are not from Pentax. Ned Bunnel has not given away anything tangible and has just -effectively- added to the speculation.

I too, don't want to be disappointed, but I also don't have unrealistic expectations.
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #2602
Site Supporter

For those who use their left eye to look through the viewfinder, let me assure you that you can learn to shoot with your right eye. I'm left eye dominant and used the left eye with the viewfinder for years. Then I got a Hexar AF and it was such a great advantage to use the right eye that I retrained myself to use the right eye at the viewfinder. I rarely use the Hexar anymore but that habit has pretty much stuck with me.

Of course I must qualify that this behaviour can be learned if you are merely left eye dominant. If you're amblyopic, have reduced sight in your right eye due to disease or trauma or you have a prosthetic right eye, well then I hope you can find a place to put your nose because you're going to have to stick with using your left eye.
05-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #2603
Veteran Member

I feel like I'm on a Canon photography forum.

Come on guys, you're better than that.

05-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #2604

QuoteOriginally posted by Light_Horseman Quote
What's with all the pessimism and bitching about something that has not been offfically announced?

We know this is not the K20 replacement. If you want the high end wait for that.
I'm pretty sure the K-7 is the high end.
05-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #2605
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I too, don't want to be disappointed, but I also don't have unrealistic expectations.
That's been my standing point. All this elapsed time, viral marketing and official teasing just serves to increase expectations into orbit. This 2,600 post thread being the proof.

I hope the K-7 is revolutionary because the pseudo marketing thus far has led many to believe it is. I simply want Pentax to make the most of the spotlight it's managed to build up. That also means I hope they haven't built it up too much...
05-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #2606
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
God I hope it's not really that small. The K10D is a bit too small but usable when I need to use it without the grip, but this would be unbearable.
If it performs wonderfully, I wouldn't mind the size. The grip will be there if additional comfort is needed, anyway. As well, it would allow me to bring the camera more often and not just on dedicated photo shoot trips and events.
05-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #2607
ogl
Pentaxian

K-7 has no any marketing features. All features are what any photographer needs.
05-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #2608
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
the form factor, dimensions, materials, and even the most ambitious specs that have been bandied about all still reveal an evolutionary camera however. this camera promised a REVolution.
so where is it?
So what would constitute a "revolutionary" model in your mind?

And that's problem, everyone has different expectations, different needs or different desire for their "dream camera".

In terms of Pentax DSLR camera going back from *ist D to K20D/200D/K-m, this K-7 does represent a breakthrough. It obviously has a new shutter and mirror box mechanism (1/8000 and 1/250 sync and 5fps), new pentaprism/viewfinder design, new LCD panel incorporating separate ISO read out, movie modes, useable Live View, WR kit lens etc....

It is a significantly different model platform from which lower end model would derive.

Will it have more surprises? I don't know.
Even as is, I do see it as a significant breakthrough for Pentax model development.
05-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #2609
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote

And that's problem, everyone has different expectations, different needs or different desire for their "dream camera".

Even as is, I do see it as a significant breakthrough for Pentax model development.
+10. It's strange that men clutch at old concepts...

Everybody knew that K-7 would be DIFFERENT. And HIGHER level than previous models.
DIFFERENT is not like K10D/K20D/*ist D. AT ALL.
05-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #2610
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote

In terms of Pentax DSLR camera going back from *ist D to K20D/200D/K-m, this K-7 does represent a breakthrough. It obviously has a new shutter and mirror box mechanism (1/8000 and 1/250 sync and 5fps), new pentaprism/viewfinder design, new LCD panel incorporating separate ISO read out, movie modes, useable Live View, WR kit lens etc....

It is a significantly different model platform from which lower end model would derive.

Revolutionary to me, would mean bringing something new to the industry itself, versus just bringing Pentax to the level of it's current competitors.

I'm not sure if SMALL and current alone qualifies.