Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #2881
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by Vormulac Quote
when you get into your car and find your other half has been driving it so the seat is too close to the steering wheel, do you move the seat back to make more room, or do you duct tape a sandbag to the roof to 'add more bulk'?
huh? Is that supposed to be an analogy?

05-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #2882
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I think that we will see how K-7 to drop into sea and pull out during the presentation in Norway.
Why drop? Just make a diver with a K-7 come out of the sea and start shooting at the journalists. That would make for a start

EDIT:
If the K-7 only sustains short moments of being immersed, the diver could grap the K-7 under-water from a reverted bucket filled with air. Just my 2 cents for Pentax marketing in Norway

Last edited by falconeye; 05-15-2009 at 10:26 AM.
05-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #2883
Veteran Member
soccerjoe5's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
that would suck. WHy make it a 2 hand operation?
Really? I believe it takes 1 hand for such a thing

Answer would be Flexibility. You can either use 1 hand and choose on screen what WB you want. Or just look at the top LCD (or VF if possible) and hold the WB button and scroll a dial for the WB you want.

Pretty much like how you can change the ISO in the K10/20D using the OK button and turning the front dial, OR use the screen and buttons (the slow method).

Last edited by soccerjoe5; 05-15-2009 at 10:10 AM.
05-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #2884
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
Oh for christsake... this eye buisness clearly I've never used a Pentax, so I dont know how what 'eyed' you are impedes you ability to use a camera .... minority complex... my goodness... there was a poll on POTN... a majority including myself are left eyed actually Are you Left-Eyed, or Right-Eyed? - Canon Digital Photography Forums according to those that responded... maybe it doesnt matter because our cameras are bigger... only uncomfortable camera I've ever used was an xsi I used for 3 days & sold right away, after I sold my 20D & I sold that cheap small plastic toy... was it uncomfortable because of my eye?????



no it felt like crap & it was junk.

Oh & 4 Days 21 Hours 15 Minutes
The left eye thing is getting a little crazy for sure. I am left eyed, I have a big nose (I mean I'm not doin' the Humpty Dance, but it's not small )... I've used the K200D and the K20D, and never even considered the possibility of activating a control with my nose... I mean do y'all have rogue noses, that will turn on you if you give 'em a chance?

I just tried to press the AF button on my K20D with my nose (yeah it reaches, no problem) - it hurts a bit, and it moves the camera, so I think I'll stick with using my thumb like I used to .

05-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #2885
DAZ
Veteran Member
DAZ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everett, WA USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 702
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Outer sheel is alloy. But...a bit strange.
Polycarbonate over a stainless steel skeleton? Stainless steel in key locations for stiffness, with polycarbonate for the overall body shape. This would make it steel reinforced polycarbonate composite not an alloy.

DAZ
05-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #2886
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 219
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
huh? Is that supposed to be an analogy?
Not really, just pointing out the utter randomness of suggesting bolting a lump of plastic to the bottom of the camera to solve the issues some people have with the body ergonomics and integral camera grip being too small. How big it is *underneath* is not generally the issue.
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #2887
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
New information

From a German photographer having shot with the K-7:

"I took delight in the fast and super silent shutter sound."

"A K10D is significantly noisier and feels slowlier when pressing the shutter. In both, single exposure and burst mode."

"Besides the LX, it is the only small camera which fills me with joy (ed. eine Freude machen) when handling."
05-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #2888
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 219
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
it hurts a bit, and it moves the camera, so I think I'll stick with using my thumb like I used to .
Where's your dedication to the cause? Where will the nasal control concept be without pioneers such as yourself?

Perhaps this was the revolutionary bit ogl was talking about? It'll certainly put Pentax ahead of the competition, winning by a nose, perchance?

05-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #2889
Junior Member
Lore's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 33
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Or the quality is so good people will look at it and say "I Can't Believe it's not Canon!"
[/url]
This is what I hope for

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Anybody said about swivel LCD.
For waterproof camera is no good at all. LCD is the most vulnerable part of Olympus E-3, for example. K-7 has stronger WR than E-3 or K20D. That's why such LCD is no good for K-7.

I think that we will see how K-7 to drop into sea and pull out during the presentation in Norway.
Swivel Screen was my favorite part of my P&S Canon S2 IS & S5 IS, for doing over the head, to the side or any other wicked away from the eye shooting I could muster, plus the ability to close the LCD was nice.

But... I'm on the wagon that believes this feature isnt necessary for dslr's... being someone who does not have liveview.... its a feature I'd never see using, so a swivel screen on my dslr ... no thanks & indeed definitely I can see how that would be a weak spot on a weather proof camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Don't be offended if we do not hold a candle-light vigil, waiting for your return.

I've been here for over a year now and still can't understand why people need to make a big deal about leaving...it's just a brand...geeez.
Agreed, this is every where, people will actually start threads begging people to 'talk them' out of selling their equipment & buying X brand... :ugh: really if *you* feel that X brand is going to make you a better photographer... good for you, you are still doing what you love, *photography* no company is going to 'make or break' or send you a goodbye or 'welcome' card for leaving or joining their 'club'... its all what 'works for you'...

Give a crappy photographer the best camera money can buy they'll yield crappy photos and ask what is wrong with the camera...

Good photographers can make any camera shine.

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Welcome fangirl. Why does fangirl sound nice when fanboy doesn't at all? Must be you. And actually, you're far too tolerant for a fangirl So, you're the analog of Pentaxian in Canon land (how is this called then?) -- oh no, you've been nominated honorable Pentaxian already

As for eye dominance. Interesting that POTN had a majority being left eye dominant. We had a similiar poll here and it ended with the common wisdom, that 2/3 of mankind is right eye dominant (Ocular dominance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
thank you for the welcome... I'm known amongst everyone I know as the Canon fangirl... infact... any brand of anything I use, I'm quite passionate about it and will recommend it, downtalk my own parents choice of brand, I really am a product pusher... heck... I started using Green Works Cleaner & now all my family and friends do too ...

If I were to make a change I dont think my family would know what to do LOL! I of course would convince them that it was the best choice and wow them with my already wickid photography so sharp and crisp it makes their eyes bleed!

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
The left eye thing is getting a little crazy for sure. I am left eyed, I have a big nose (I mean I'm not doin' the Humpty Dance, but it's not small )... I've used the K200D and the K20D, and never even considered the possibility of activating a control with my nose... I mean do y'all have rogue noses, that will turn on you if you give 'em a chance?

I just tried to press the AF button on my K20D with my nose (yeah it reaches, no problem) - it hurts a bit, and it moves the camera, so I think I'll stick with using my thumb like I used to .
OMG! LOL!!!! picturing someone pushing buttons on a camera with their nose... priceless... Indeed... that is one talented nose.

4 Days 18 Hours 32 minutes
05-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #2890
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 184
QuoteOriginally posted by Vormulac Quote
Not really, just pointing out the utter randomness of suggesting bolting a lump of plastic to the bottom of the camera to solve the issues some people have with the body ergonomics and integral camera grip being too small. How big it is *underneath* is not generally the issue.
Actually, it is. Most of the complaints have been that the built-in grip would be too short--pinky hanging off the bottom of the camera instead of on the grip. So adding the optional grip at the bottom would fix that. Now complaints about the camera being too narrow... can't do much about that.
05-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #2891
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Really? I believe it takes 1 hand for such a thing
How? He said hold the button while using the wheel. How would you do that with one hand without getting carpal tunnel? Well, unless the wheel used is the one on the front of the camera....
05-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #2892
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
Oh for christsake... this eye buisness clearly I've never used a Pentax, so I dont know how what 'eyed' you are impedes you ability to use a camera .... minority complex... my goodness... there was a poll on POTN... a majority including myself are left eyed actually Are you Left-Eyed, or Right-Eyed? - Canon Digital Photography Forums according to those that responded... maybe it doesnt matter because our cameras are bigger... only uncomfortable camera I've ever used was an xsi I used for 3 days & sold right away, after I sold my 20D & I sold that cheap small plastic toy... was it uncomfortable because of my eye?????



no it felt like crap & it was junk.

Oh & 4 Days 21 Hours 15 Minutes
No minority complex here, just the need to quit the Vf from the eye to reach certains controls when they are placed too close to the VF.... not the end of the world but very inconvenient when these are important controls like the green button or the AF one. (Just use a Pentax for a certain length of time and you'll see that the green button is an addictive little thing...)

BTW I use Canon since last year (5D) and size has nothing to do with it: the little joystick for choosing AF points falls in the "not really usable for me" category on the 5D... which is not known to be a small camera.

All other controls are fine, and even though the level of customization and user-friendliness of my Pentax is way better, I am a big fan of the large rear control wheel compared to the one on Pentax just because I have less problems using it.
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #2893
Veteran Member
soccerjoe5's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
How? He said hold the button while using the wheel. How would you do that with one hand without getting carpal tunnel? Well, unless the wheel used is the one on the front of the camera....
Bingo

Like I said: Just like how you can adjust the ISO using the OK button and a dial.
05-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #2894
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Bingo

Like I said: Just like how you can adjust the ISO using the OK button and a dial.

well, trying to do that on my k100, with the ok button being more inward than the k-7, I can say that I'll most likely drop the camera trying to do that. It is utterly uncomfortable. Either way I need my other hand to stabilize the camera.
05-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #2895
Veteran Member
soccerjoe5's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
well, trying to do that on my k100, with the ok button being more inward than the k-7, I can say that I'll most likely drop the camera trying to do that. It is utterly uncomfortable. Either way I need my other hand to stabilize the camera.
I found it a bit uncomfortable at first on my K20D, but learned to do it better after some time. But I'm glad it's there. Like I said: flexibility.

Don't you really use 2 hands holding the camera? 1 hand (left) under the lens/body?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST A PIC TO OWN THE PIC ABOVE! (Game) ll_coffee_lP Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 788 08-01-2015 01:01 AM
Who out there would prefer a K30D? Ben Hunt Pentax DSLR Discussion 45 11-05-2010 06:48 AM
What would we want from the K30D? offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 102 04-22-2009 02:30 AM
So... is the K30D actually going to have autofocus? SupremeMoFo Pentax News and Rumors 88 01-03-2009 05:53 PM
Iso 1600 pic and a Butterfly Pic... Eastern Shore Charlie Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top