Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2009, 12:56 AM   #2971
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Antidust is like Olympus now. + several old Pentax's antidust features.
RAW button is reprogrammed. Changed RAW button functionality.

05-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #2972
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote

By all means, if you want to know what Canon fans think of Pentax cameras, read dpr
All true what you say.
05-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #2973
Forum Member

Speculation status

Updated Speculation list.
I added GPS.. Think OGl īs mysterious dove image has refers to doves ability to find the way home - built in GPS in the doves! Read somewhere that the new grip doesnt have GPS and i would be surprised if Pentax missed that "hiking" feature. Correct me if im wrong...

It will be an amazing camera!

/Mats

Estimated Price : 1300€ (kit K-7 w 18-55 II WR)

K-7 Body:
- More compact than K20D, bigger than K-M
- Stainless steel Frame with Magnesium alloy? shell
- Built in Flash (with video lighting leds also used as AF assist lamps)
- Ultrasonic dustremoval
- Built in GPS

- Improved APS-C sensor CMOS K20D++
- Sensitivity ISO100-ISO6400, ISO displayed in top LCD
- Separate ISO button
- No Fn button
- Continuous shooting 5.2 fps (non cropped)
- ViewFinder 100%, with histogram/image overlay?
- Shutter speed : 1/8000
- Flash sync : 1/250
- 77 zone exposure metering
- BackScreen : 3", 921 000 pixels, fixed
- More powerful battery (980 images)
- Improved weathersealing
- Separate White Balance sensor (lots of Pentax patents(US6958773) regarding WB sensors!)
- Improved AF
- 11 point (2.8 sensitivity??)
- "Greatly improved " Low light performance improved, Focus tracking ?
- AF works in Video mode
-Video mode
- 640 x 416 @ 30 fps
- 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps (720p (uncompressed?))
- 1536 x 1024 @ 30 fps

Live View with :
- Contrast detect AF with face detection
- 77 zone exposure metering

Connectors:
- HDMI output
- X-Sync
- Mic plug (stereo)
- external trigger

New grip
- With AF button
- Allows for higher fps
05-16-2009, 01:17 AM   #2974
Jet
Inactive Account

VF 0,92x? How strange...

I was watching this forum since the first post and I am really excited about K-7 and was dreaming about using that jewel with my DA35Ltd, but now, well...

I don't care about FPS, I don't care about size, weight, I don't care about video... About LiveView, about any sort of VF overlay, about better battery, about WR kit lens

Pentax was my choice becouse of k10d's VF - I can't see properly, I wear glasses (which are not very helpful anyway) - but I am still passionate photographer.

I need big, bright VF to look in, so the small hole with little lens in that O-ME53 is rather counterproductive for me. If Pentax speaks about giving photographers the tool they need, they should give them nice VF first.

A FLAGSHIP model with smaller (or similar in size) VF than k10/20 with less magnification - are they gone mad?

05-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #2975
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
I wear glasses as well. I wrote a review of the O-ME53 with pictures through the viewfinder here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/47178-k20d-o-me53-...-pictures.html

A viewfinder magnifier is no replacement for a truly larger viewfinder built into the camera.
I also bought the O ME 53 to use on my Ds and also use eyeglasses: I couldn't see the whole VF and constantly had to move my eye around to see the shooting indications.

I sold it with the Ds.
05-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #2976
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jet Quote
I was watching this forum since the first post and I am really excited about K-7 and was dreaming about using that jewel with my DA35Ltd, but now, well...

I don't care about FPS, I don't care about size, weight, I don't care about video... About LiveView, about any sort of VF overlay, about better battery, about WR kit lens

Pentax was my choice becouse of k10d's VF - I can't see properly, I wear glasses (which are not very helpful anyway) - but I am still passionate photographer.

I need big, bright VF to look in, so the small hole with little lens in that O-ME53 is rather counterproductive for me. If Pentax speaks about giving photographers the tool they need, they should give them nice VF first.

A FLAGSHIP model with smaller (or similar in size) VF than k10/20 with less magnification - are they gone mad?
If these numbers are accurate, it will be very slightly bigger than K10's VF because of the increased coverage.

I would also prefer a larger magnification but 100% finder is very expensive to make as it is andI suppose they couldn't increase the magnification in addition.
05-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #2977

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
VF covers 100%.
:ugh:Already said that in my first post (and as I said, was 100% first hand)
Give us more

05-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #2978
Veteran Member

Copy pasted from the uppcomming dpr review
DPR: "Autofocus is too fast"
05-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #2979

LMAO!!
Nice!
05-16-2009, 02:21 AM   #2980
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
Copy pasted from the uppcomming dpr review
DPR: "Autofocus is too fast"
Phil Askey was tragically decapitated by the speed of the Pentax K-7.
Very Highly Recommended
05-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #2981
Inactive Account

I cannot belive that nebody tought abaut it

That hexagon simbol maybe not suggest it, but what missing from the arrow buttons? ISO! and since the ok button seems like got other function, its likely that it does not do the iso change thing. Plus in fn menu the right arrow was the iso
05-16-2009, 03:07 AM   #2982
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuszek Quote
That hexagon simbol maybe not suggest it, but what missing from the arrow buttons? ISO! and since the ok button seems like got other function, its likely that it does not do the iso change thing. Plus in fn menu the right arrow was the iso
mmm the ISO and EVcomp buttons are near the trigger.
05-16-2009, 03:08 AM   #2983
Forum Member

[QUOTE=tuszek;597729]That hexagon simbol maybe not suggest it, but what missing from the arrow buttons? ISO! and since the ok button seems like got other function, its likely that it does not do the iso change thing. Plus in fn menu the right arrow was the iso[/QUOTE

The dedicated ISO button is on the front near the shutter release.
05-16-2009, 03:08 AM   #2984
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
I also bought the O ME 53 to use on my Ds and also use eyeglasses
I agree, the O-ME53 is not really an option with glasses. But this is because the O-ME53 doesn't have a high enough exit pupil (large enough lenses). It is a deficit of the O-ME53. Wearing glasses, I actually had problems overviewing the VF with my film bodies as well.

Are there alternatives to the O-ME53 with a higher exit pupil (aka eye relief)?

I know there are a couple of eyepieces made by Pentax. And there may be more 3rd party...

Gosh, I loved we would have a viewfinder like the LX, or at least have replaceable eye pieces ...
05-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #2985
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I agree, the O-ME53 is not really an option with glasses. But this is because the O-ME53 doesn't have a high enough exit pupil (large enough lenses). It is a deficit of the O-ME53. Wearing glasses, I actually had problems overviewing the VF with my film bodies as well.

Are there alternatives to the O-ME53 with a higher exit pupil (aka eye relief)?

I know there are a couple of eyepieces made by Pentax. And there may be more 3rd party...

Gosh, I loved we would have a viewfinder like the LX, or at least have replaceable eye pieces ...
Wasn't there a Nikon eyepiece, similar to the OME53 which adapted nicely to Pentax finders ?