Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #3091

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
@ Lore
I'm 99% sure the new K will have micro adjustments for lenses. The K20D can store several different lens presets (BF/FF) so why shouldn't the new K have that option.
again... weeks ago... I dont even know how I ended up here I dont know the features of any of your cameras, I only 100% in and out about my own fan brand

from what I knew Pentax was a brand w/ noisy cameras that plays catch up w/ their cameras *hide*

This was my Pentax knowledge

I've since in the past weeks when it was the 'possibility' that I could 'make the switch' that I did lens research... it has changed a few times... I believe I have my final lens lineup

Now I Continue more learning about Pentax to occupy myself until the K-7 release. I'm a gal who likes to 'know things'

05-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #3092
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
Guys. Please.

All the sensor shift stuff and "specs" only relates to SR. Nothing more.

I'm with you on this one. I'm not expecting Pentax to allow use to tilt the sensor for creative control.

On the other hand, it would be a huge step forward with SR if the sensor could not only move in the X & Y axis but also the Y axis. If Penatx figured a way to tilt the sensor along with the X,Y,Z SR control, they would have the first camera to have SR for both linear movement, as well as yaw motion.

So, ogl has Pentax come out with a SR sytem that covers all 3 linear axis, as well as yaw (twist) along each axis?

This would be a MASSIVE feature. Can you imagine Canon/Nikon trying to compeat with this? Redesign all those lenses?
05-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #3093
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
I'm a gal who likes to 'know things'
What??? You read....

... the manual???
05-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #3094
Veteran Member

Pentax's SR already supports 'twist' and X and Y at the same time. It was marketed as such with the K20

Not Z axis though, as that would affect focus.

05-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #3095
Veteran Member

Guys. Please.

All the sensor shift stuff and "specs" only relates to SR. Nothing more.
If if so, it wouldn't be toop hard to make an "allignment correction" thingy... I mean, eliminate the tilt we see once in a while to very often...
05-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #3096
Forum Member

Back a bit

Does anybody here got the conclusion about the "hexagon" button ?
05-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #3097
Pentaxian

Pentax's SR already supports 'twist' and X and Y at the same time. It was marketed as such with the K20

Not Z axis though, as that would affect focus.
Are you sure about the twist thing? I believe that is a myth actually, as I have never seen any official data about that. (Though I haven't read that much about the k20 as I'm a k10 owner, but they said the same thing about the k10 in the beginning.)

05-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #3098
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by XATN3q Quote
Back a bit

Does anybody here got the conclusion about the "hexagon" button ?
Yes, it's been well concluded. When you press the button you get around here:
Attached Images

05-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #3099

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
What??? You read....

... the manual???
I dont need no steenking manual... of course my 20D & 30D didnt do anything I didnt already know how to do... a camera that comes with 'new features' ... yes I can read. Crazy aint it
05-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #3100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lore Quote
So the K-7 should have 'micro adjustment' then if the K20D has it then?

If so... guys... I'm sold

You'll have a new Pentax 'fan girl'
Welcome Lore.

Rui
05-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #3101
Veteran Member

OK now I just got up and came to check my fav thread, so whats this about sensor shift and the flash sync only at 1/180?

How the hell can the do a flagship camera with only 1/180 sync come on 1/250 at least here Pentax !!
05-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #3102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
All specs are on my table.
Errrm...if you have all the specs...

You posted that you don't know for sure:
Body material
FPS
Buffer
Video resolution

If I had a repair manual for my car in front of me, I could tell you every bolt size and torque spec. Since you can't confirm theses specs while you're looking right at them then you don't have em :ugh:
QuoteOriginally posted by pdangcil Quote
So 1/180 sync speed?!! That's way too disappointing! Unless RadioPopper comes up with a Pentax version, i'm going to be really frustrated with outside shoots!
QuoteOriginally posted by kolouch Quote
Really 1/180? If it is true I am going to nikon .. good bye white, orange, green, yellow pentax without improved basic functions
Oh noes! How have you ever lived so far with only 1/180s? What's the point of living any longer?
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I'm with you on this one. I'm not expecting Pentax to allow use to tilt the sensor for creative control.

On the other hand, it would be a huge step forward with SR if the sensor could not only move in the X & Y axis but also the Y axis. If Penatx figured a way to tilt the sensor along with the X,Y,Z SR control, they would have the first camera to have SR for both linear movement, as well as yaw motion.

So, ogl has Pentax come out with a SR sytem that covers all 3 linear axis, as well as yaw (twist) along each axis?

This would be a MASSIVE feature. Can you imagine Canon/Nikon trying to compeat with this? Redesign all those lenses?
They would bury any tilt/shift stuff DEEP in the menu. In the "custom" section, you'd probably have to select it, arrow up and hit "ok" kind of like formatting a memory card.

I can imagine all the "Pentax blows" threads if people could turn T/S on with a button press
05-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #3103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
77 segments

No 1080 video.
Maybe not yet, but 1080 was targeted.
05-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #3104
Veteran Member

3 days to go. =)
05-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #3105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote

Oh noes! How have you ever lived so far with only 1/180s? What's the point of living any longer?
while I agree that 1/180 sync is ok, for outside usage 1/250 or more is needed...