Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #3136
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,940
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
yes, i've seen the official material in a couple of places, including the Magic Lantern books (does that count as official?). Pentax has been marketing it that way at least as long ago as your K10..

Pentax K10D Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
I still doubt it, (talking about the k10 now) if I recall correctly (from a technical thread where someone had actually found which sensors where used in the k10) there where only two of them for movements in x and y-axis, no way to pick up rotation. Also I did a simple test, while looking at the image sensor (with no lens on) and trying to twist the camera I canít se any reaction from the SR to counteract the twist. So I still think itís a myth.

05-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #3137
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,940
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
SR doesn't 'move' the sensor as much as try and keep it in one place relative to the camera. It's just a little mushier than it was fixed, allowing momentum to do any of the controlling. there's no motors, only brakes.
There are motors, just engage the antidust system and feel them shake the sensor quite violently. And with SR engaged they actively move the image sensor to counteract the shake, how much they move is dependent on focal length so that is way you manually have to enter the right length when using old lenses.
05-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #3138
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Sensor shift left, right, up, down and 15 degree turn
Oh My God! Is this true? What an incredible feature. Talk about taking us back to the roots of photography!
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #3139
Veteran Member
rparmar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,783
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
All the sensor shift stuff and "specs" only relates to SR. Nothing more.
Ah. OK then. Move along, nothing to see here.

But if this camera had built in tilt and shift it would indeed be a revolution.

05-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #3140
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,260
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
I still doubt it, (talking about the k10 now) if I recall correctly (from a technical thread where someone had actually found which sensors where used in the k10) there where only two of them for movements in x and y-axis, no way to pick up rotation. Also I did a simple test, while looking at the image sensor (with no lens on) and trying to twist the camera I canít se any reaction from the SR to counteract the twist. So I still think itís a myth.
I remember (I should find back the litterature) that indeed the Z axis was in 'Z axis being rotation, but very limited).
05-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #3141
Veteran Member
RuiC's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lisboa - The Grocery
Posts: 616
QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
Notice also this page of the blog shows a lot of pictures with no camera designation at the birthday party.... but later in the same party the K200D is mentioned in every picture.
I am 50/50 on it being the K-7. But the pictures really tell nothing unless we gave bigger ones and exif data
YJP的幸福数码生活: May, 2009
Whatever camera it is, I like. The SR's working fine with the playstation, the HDR performance wonderful with the backlits, necessarily fast and sure Focus with the kid, colour balance, plenty of nice things.

edit: Look at the low light focus on the cake with candles. How long did it took to lock AF?

Last edited by RuiC; 05-17-2009 at 02:02 PM.
05-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #3142
Veteran Member
ytterbium's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I remember (I should find back the litterature) that indeed the Z axis was in 'Z axis being rotation, but very limited).
Seems very logical to me. Because your'e more likely to blur the image while pushing the shutter by rotating the camera clockwise, than moving few mm's further/closer to subject.
05-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #3143
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Posts: 219
There are many references online to the K10 and K20 featuring rotational SR as well as X and Y.

05-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #3144
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,940
QuoteOriginally posted by Vormulac Quote
There are many references online to the K10 and K20 featuring rotational SR as well as X and Y.
Anyone written by Pentax?
05-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #3145
Veteran Member
PentaxPoke's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,411
Hmmm... so which countdown timer is correct? RH is about 2 days ahead of the pentaximaging.com.
05-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #3146
Forum Member
marcinski's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 95
Hmm
This is just my WAG but what about using SR to double the data volume? I mean taking to exposures of the same scene with sensor slightly shifted and then merging the data to obtain an image with more details? Kinda like using Novoflex Proshift. Would it be possible?
05-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #3147
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
QuoteOriginally posted by kolouch Quote
Really 1/180? If it is true I am going to nikon .. good bye white, orange, green, yellow pentax without improved basic functions
Wow, first this "spec" is from a list which is definitely wrong in some area. So I would be skeptical on the whole list anyways.

And I just don't see how some people can be so worked up over half a stop of X-Sync! It's just HALF A STOP for goodness sake. From my experience, if 1/180s does not work, 1/250 won't help much either. Just go with HSS and be done with it. I would much prefer an added abilility to do HSS with built-in flash then worrying over half a stop of difference in X-Sync.
05-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #3148
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2008
Location: Czech Republic, Ostrava
Posts: 97
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Wow, first this "spec" is from a list which is definitely wrong in some area. So I would be skeptical on the whole list anyways.

And I just don't see how some people can be so worked up over half a stop of X-Sync! It's just HALF A STOP for goodness sake. From my experience, if 1/180s does not work, 1/250 won't help much either. Just go with HSS and be done with it. I would much prefer an added abilility to do HSS with built-in flash then worrying over half a stop of difference in X-Sync.
From my experience with K10D and various wireless controlers, It doesn't work at 1/180 there is a black strip in th bottom of the photo . usable is 1/125 . I wanna full functional x-sync (this problem is on every k10d with most of controlers).

Try HSS with studio lights ..

And when you're shooting moving action, always is better 1/250 then 1/180
05-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #3149
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
But if this camera had built in tilt and shift it would indeed be a revolution.
Let me try to tame down the confusion here a bit.
The K-7 will feature built-in shift, but no tilt.

(And a bit of rotation around the lens axis giving sort of a digital horizon).

The shift will be limited to the few mm allowed by the SR magnetic mechanism. So, it is really a fine tune feature for delicated work on a tripod.
05-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #3150
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by marcinski Quote
I mean taking to exposures of the same scene with sensor slightly shifted and then merging the data to obtain an image with more details?
This would be possible. But isn't required. A burst of handheld images (or tripod-based images where you jiggle the tripod between exposures) gives you enough shift. A program like PhotoAcute does a marveleous job in creating a single image with twice the resolution (and less noise).

I agree, having the sensor shift by itself during a burst makes this easier as one wouldn't have to jiggle the tripod anymore.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST A PIC TO OWN THE PIC ABOVE! (Game) ll_coffee_lP Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 788 08-01-2015 01:01 AM
Who out there would prefer a K30D? Ben Hunt Pentax DSLR Discussion 45 11-05-2010 06:48 AM
What would we want from the K30D? offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 102 04-22-2009 02:30 AM
So... is the K30D actually going to have autofocus? SupremeMoFo Pentax News and Rumors 88 01-03-2009 05:53 PM
Iso 1600 pic and a Butterfly Pic... Eastern Shore Charlie Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top