Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #3586
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow.... coming from a K100d and purchasing glass instead of a k20d and waiting looks like it will be worthwhile.

I wanted small.... i got it.
I wanted APS-C... i got it.
I wanted higher FPS (for sports shooting... I got it.
I wanted a 'tough' body.. I got it.

AF was ok for me anyway. Even shooting sports like below: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/57994-woo-hoo-got-cover-shot.html

I would get 90% plus in focus. If it is better then that is icing on the cake.
Movie mode. Icing on the cake.

WR, now i can get in the water even more for the kitesurfing pics. I do doubt i'll ever see a WR fisheye though!

They have hit the nail on the head for me!

And, if there is still some surprise left! Even more icing on the cake.

mike

05-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #3587
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
"1 Desmond.young (Thread Opener)"

Never to be seen again...?
He sits alone, in his dark empty room, muttering to himself over and over "What have I done, What have I done?"

Also, I got 82nd place for the thread! Although I would have placed higher if my username started with a lower letter. And this post has moved me up quite a bit.
I can't even remember what I posted :/
05-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #3588
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I posted in this topic 31 (32 now) times? Holy crap. I think I knew I was gonna buy one after approximately my third post...
05-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #3589
Veteran Member

People with 777 posts get a free K-7! come on ogl, YOU CAN DO IT!

05-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #3590
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
Thanks to all the greedy punks who just had to have all the news before it was meant to be. I wouldn't be too surprised if in the end we end up paying for it somehow...
I don't believe for a minute that these "leaks" were a suprise to Pentax.

The pace of the "leaks" was just too even. A little here, a little there...

A couple of slow days, and hey look, another photo!

Some speculation, some wild conjecture, some hot guesses.

But not one photo from the K-7. We still know next to nothing about the video capabilities. The complete specs are not yet out. Maybe 90%, but not all.

Even Ned got involved. His poolside photo confirmed the K-7 was real. He even pushed for speculation with his Beattles photo.

This "leak" generated more buzz about the camera then any single "press release" could have. There have been diehard Canon shooters on this forum stoked about the K-7. Do you think they would have noticed a press release?

How many people have viewed this thread alone? 430,000 or so.

Almost 1/2 million people, ALL interested in PENTAX CAMERAS. What did it cost Pentax? Next to nothing. I can't think of any other way to get the information about a new product targeted to the people who care in any other way.

Pentax should send Adam and Ole each a K-7 for the hype that was generated here.
05-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #3591
Veteran Member

Does anybody else lament the loss of the chrome shutter release button? Nothing better than handing the camera to someone unfamiliar and saying "just push the silver button"...
05-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #3592
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
"1 Desmond.young (Thread Opener)"

Never to be seen again...?
Can't have Pentax marketing folks repeat posting in this forum! Might generate sales!!

05-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #3593

QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
He sits alone, in his dark empty room, muttering to himself over and over "What have I done, What have I done?"/
I'm sorry for him but I can't help adding one more posting.
05-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #3594
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PiratStian Quote
The battery-grip can take AAs and the new battery type..
That is very clever. The dedicated batteries are of course better, but if you run out of charged batteries, you can get AA's anywhere on the globe and run the K-7 on them through the grip
05-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #3595
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert S Donovan Quote

Does anybody else lament the loss of the chrome shutter release button? Nothing better than handing the camera to someone unfamiliar and saying "just push the silver button"...
Actually I think it is nice that you can just hand a camera to someone and not have to tell them which button to push because the ergonomics are so good. The only problem I have with my K100DS is that everyone still looks at the LCD wondering why it isn't displaying the live view. Now all i have to do is save my pennies and replace my K100D with a camera that is about the same size and weight with twice the resolution and a whole bunch more features...
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #3596
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
How could a green focus assist LED project a red PENTAX pattern? Did I miss any of the recent patents published by Pentax?
Isn't red component color to green? So if it projects a green Pentax pattern into the eyes of people, as soon as the light is gone, they will for a few seconds see a red pattern...
05-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #3597
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote

Some speculation, some wild conjecture, some hot guesses.

But not one photo from the K-7. We still know next to nothing about the video capabilities. The complete specs are not yet out. Maybe 90%, but not all.

Even Ned got involved. His poolside photo confirmed the K-7 was real. He even pushed for speculation with his Beattles photo.

This "leak" generated more buzz about the camera then any single "press release" could have. There have been diehard Canon shooters on this forum stoked about the K-7. Do you think they would have noticed a press release?

How many people have viewed this thread alone? 430,000 or so.

Almost 1/2 million people, ALL interested in PENTAX CAMERAS. What did it cost Pentax? Next to nothing. I can't think of any other way to get the information about a new product targeted to the people who care in any other way.

Pentax should send Adam and Ole each a K-7 for the hype that was generated here.
I agree. I think that this has been a skillfully played marketing ploy. And it has captured the attention of Pentax's competitors. Just look at Olympus with its soon to be release PEN micro- 4/3 camera. I'm just glad to have witness it. And I will be first in line to pick up this sweet little gem.
05-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #3598
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Johnny Canuck Quote
I agree. I think that this has been a skillfully played marketing ploy.
Sorry, but you're talking about Pentax here.

No skillful marketing leaks, just good old fashioned human nature.
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #3599
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote

we're talking about all the pictures and info released yesterday. That's what was mentioned in the link, I'm guessing.........
05-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #3600
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert S Donovan Quote
not really since almost everyone knows what to press to take a picture. P&s shooters, even people without cameras know how cameras work.
Now, just in case, you can say "Just press the round button, the one every camera has. Oh forget it I'll ask someone else!"...