Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I think we are looking at a digital LX.
If you're looking at the letters "LX" upside down you can read it "X7" or even "K7". Just a thought.

04-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rhizo Quote
Whatever it is I want it!!! LoL
before i read your comment i thought the same thing, whatever that is, i already like it and want it.
it's surely not K20d, it's surely not K200D, K2000, and it's surely not an older model..

I see it as nothing else but a new model.. and all forum members who did a thoughtful picture check, and comparison with k20d notice that it's NOT K20d, many things are different..

it's a very nice gesture from that user, who uploaded that pic to the net..

some life energy is flowing..
04-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This strikes me as a deliberate leak.

From the look of the seams on the body I would guess this still has a plastic shell - although to be honest in blurred pictures like this I could be wrong.

The prism does look taller although given that this camera seems to be smaller than the K20D (based on the lens mount - which is the only thing we know the size of [assuming K mount]) and the extreme perspective it may be exagerrated.

IF the prism is bigger this means one of several things:

1) A sensor larger than APS-C
2) A large viewfinder
3) Additional features in viewfinder (such as an e.l. disply)
4) All of the above (possibly)

It seems most likely to me to be 2 by a long way followed by 3 some way behind :-/

I would also say based on previous Pentax leaks/rumours that its best to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I would not get my hopes up if I was anyone here.
04-14-2009, 01:20 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Here they are again

I played with the perspectives in Photoshop, this is the closest I came to the original image
It looks like the grip is possibly slightly bigger. Maybee a lower flash. which would usually mean a more Pro camera simply because Built in flash is not that much a priority.
Bigger prism is possible.

Like someone else said.
I do not know what it is...... But I want one.

Attached Images

04-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #50
Veteran Member

I feel the lens in that comparison looks slightly larger in the blurred image. The comparison may imply that the mystery camera is bigger, but reducing the lens to the same size might just imply the opposite?

Wim
04-14-2009, 01:58 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
That is a new camera. There is no way that is a distorted K20D photo.

I think we are looking at a digital LX.
Ummm folks.
We may be looking at pictures of a prototype.
And we know from experience (645D, 60-250) what that means in Pentaxland....
04-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
If you're looking at the letters "LX" upside down you can read it "X7" or even "K7". Just a thought.
Interesting, I have heard about "K7D" somewhere else....
Well this means only one thing, forget about K30D, or even K40D and K50D, we skip to K70D in an instant...And K700D

04-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote

Like someone else said.
I do not know what it is...... But I want one.
I don't know what it is but for sure... IT IS.

It has a built-in flash and the head is less protruding so I can use the 645-K adapter freely (assuming K mount in there, or else, as someone from Pentax said they were modifying the mount for DAs).

RuiC
04-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #54
Veteran Member

I don't think anyone has noticed yet that while the lens looks very much like a 35 Limited, there are differences, apart from the previously noted colored distance markings:

The serrated (I don't know if that's the right word) "grip" on the lens, closest to the body, does not exist on the blurred photo -- the ring with the embossed "Pentax" logo is smooth on the new one.

Has anyone tried the DA35 on a film camera and seen if it covers full frame? Because if it does... You know what that means

EDIT: Okay, maybe this is only because of exceedingly poor image quality. On closer inspection you can kind of see the "hump".

Last edited by Erik; 04-14-2009 at 03:03 AM.
04-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It looks hell like DA35 macro but... the place where '1/x' 'ft 'm' is written in white on the K20D body shot for comparison.
My DA35 has the same colors in the '1/x' 'ft 'm' markings, i.e., blue 'ft' and yellow 'm'; not white.

So, this thread has already revealed one thing:

There are two version of the DA 35 Ltd.; which differ in the colors of the '1/x' 'ft 'm' markings.
04-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
This strikes me as a deliberate leak.

I would also say based on previous Pentax leaks/rumours that its best to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I would not get my hopes up if I was anyone here.
The OP has only 4 posts and three of those were edited yesterday...go on go on
04-14-2009, 03:21 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Based on image this could very well be a FF camera. Fully functional that is
04-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bogiesbad Quote
The OP has only 4 posts and three of those were edited yesterday...go on go on
I'm not entirely sure what you're meaning to imply (I really don't! ).

But I should probably point out that what I mean is that whilst I think the post/picture is very possibly genuine (maybe even probably genuine) I don't see this as a reason to get too excited. This is just a picture. Genuine or not.

The only time Pentax actually really met expectations, generated on the basis of rumours, was with the K10D.

We can speculate about viewfinder size all we like but realistically all we can safely say is that this is a photograph of a unknown Pentax DSLR that is likely smaller than the K20D due to the size of the mount obviously remaining a constant between models.

This fits in with what Pentax have already publicly stated so really we don't know anymore than we did before. Assuming this is the "new concept" model then we can say that the new concept doesn't seem to include any obviously retro styling.
04-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #59
Veteran Member

I wonder what Ben has to say? Whatever it is its going to be a while before we find out anything official
04-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
I don't think anyone has noticed yet that while the lens looks very much like a 35 Limited, there are differences, apart from the previously noted colored distance markings:

The serrated (I don't know if that's the right word) "grip" on the lens, closest to the body, does not exist on the blurred photo -- the ring with the embossed "Pentax" logo is smooth on the new one.

Has anyone tried the DA35 on a film camera and seen if it covers full frame? Because if it does... You know what that means

EDIT: Okay, maybe this is only because of exceedingly poor image quality. On closer inspection you can kind of see the "hump".
DA35 dos not cover full frame.
DA40, DA70 do however.