Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #661
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
I am wondering...
Is there anybody out there who has taken pictures the last few days or is everybody glued to the computer?
QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
No. It would be interesting though.
Skimming through the latest entries in this fast thread, I first thought ManuH was responding to jannemann ;-)

And jannemann, yes, I took pictures today

Last edited by gazonk; 04-21-2009 at 01:53 PM.
04-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #662
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Pentax has confirmed the name of its new model will be
Pentax K7D

The confirmation is from Walter Gei▀ler (Pentax Austria).
Read it here:
Neue Pentax K7D - Aktuelle News - Forum - fotografie.at

This source was spotted by our forum member 'blende8' and posted in another German forum. blende8 agreed that this confirms the name.

Walter announces to release specs in the Austrian thread on May 20 (third week of May, actually).
The name K7 gets me no warmer. What I believe, very deeply, is that the Pentax model which will bite the DSLR market will be the next model in the line, I mean the K9

Rui
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #663
Site Supporter

I am wondering...
Is there anybody out there who has taken pictures the last few days or is everybody glued to the computer?
Not really, but I did develop a roll of tri-x and made a few prints!
04-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #664
Pentaxian

More and more photos every day. Fantastic dramatic weather this afternoon.

04-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #665
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Enc0der;566173]
ALL THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT ALSO HAS DRAWBACKS, SUCH AS A SLOWER AUTO-FOCUS AND SLOWER FPS IN BURST MODE.

this is my point
slower auto-focus. the K20d has the same autofocus system as the K10D, so it is news to me that the autofocus is slower on the K20 as compared to the
K10D
slower FPS in burst mode. the K20D has this feature but the K10D did not, so how could it have been slower.

Dave
04-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #666
Veteran Member

the announcement better be *this* month because the internet buzz from these deliberate leaks have already peaked.

if the announcement really is late May, the timing of these leaks was all wrong.
04-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #667
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
the announcement better be *this* month because the internet buzz from these deliberate leaks have already peaked.

if the announcement really is late May, the timing of these leaks was all wrong.
the thing is.
if Pentax has a new body coming out , why did they not use the recent photo show , so as to gain milage on its marketing,
its not to say that Pentax is that big on demand ( like Canon and Nikon ) that this new body is top secrete and they are trying to prevent a leak before time

Dave
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #668
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Evil

This thread is officially evil. Post 666.

04-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #669
Veteran Member

ok we are at comment # 666 so I had to break it quickly to # 667.

so out of all this huge thread what is a fact really and what is wishful thinking?
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #670
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
The name K7 gets me no warmer. What I believe, very deeply, is that the Pentax model which will bite the DSLR market will be the next model in the line, I mean the K9

Rui
And right after the K9, Pentax will release the K10
04-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #671
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
slower FPS in burst mode. the K20D has this feature but the K10D did not, so how could it have been slower.
He is probably talking about the regular burst mode which is very slightly slower on the K20D. The K10D can also run at 3fps in Jpeg mode until the card is full while the K20D cannot. Of course the K20D has almost 50% more pixels to manage.

AF-C is a bit better on the K20D though.

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk:
Skimming through the latest entries in this fast thread, I first thought ManuH was responding to jannemann ;-)
04-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #672

[QUOTE=dafiryde;566542]
QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
this is my point
slower auto-focus. the K20d has the same autofocus system as the K10D, so it is news to me that the autofocus is slower on the K20 as compared to the
K10D

Dave
hmm....
What exactly are you talking about?
Who compared the K20D to the K10D?
I sure didn't, as I never had a K10D.
04-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #673
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
ok we are at comment # 666 so I had to break it quickly to # 667.

so out of all this huge thread what is a fact really and what is wishful thinking?
Well, the only facts we have are those blurry photos. Intelligent guesswork based on the body design would allow us to assume it will have onboard flash. The rest are mere speculation and the hopes and dreams of people.

I doubt Pentax will regress on specs compared to the K20D, though, so at the very least, this new body will have what the K20D has: 14MP, 3 FPS, SAFOX VIII, pentaprism viewfinder, SR, weather seals, SD cards, live view.

We'll know later on which of the K20D specs were flagged to be improved upon and added by Pentax.
04-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #674
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Enc0der;566615]
QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote

hmm....
What exactly are you talking about?
Who compared the K20D to the K10D?
I sure didn't, as I never had a K10D.
actually i can
my first DSLR was a minolta maxxum 5, and i switched over to pentax with the
K10D , then i switched over to the K20D, because of the improvements i saw in the K20D, now if they brought out the K30D, and they show improvements, once again , i will switch.
In sept. '07 when i walked into Sammy's camera, i went there with intencions of starting over, $ value was no issue. we went over the Nikon, Canon, Sony and Pentax, and for some reason , i left with the K10D, and still stand, and have no regrets in doing so.
Call me stupid, but the Pentax system impressed me the most that day, and still do
alot of people complain of autofocus speed, this has never really been an issue for me, personally, i think its fast.
slow burst mode on the K20D. personally i was impressed that in play back mode, it looked like a movie.
i did not mean to be difficult, my humbilist appologises, its just that , if you look at when i first came into this topic, i stressed
"why is it every time a suspicion of a new body comming out, some one puts up a pic that is blury. "
then all of a sudden you hear about flaws,
then comparison to canon and nikon
how this pentax user was blown away by the speed of the nikon
i mean really, i was not trying to be vindictive, only practicle

Dave
04-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #675
Forum Member

I am wondering...
Who has time for pictures when there is more gear to be researched, bought, then sold, then bought again