Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #976
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
maybe, I have no manual yet....

pls tell us, what's the sensor format ?? I deeply hope it's not a square sensor ?

04-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #977
Veteran Member

I am waiting for post 1000.. But I have to go to bed.. I will now have weird dreams of this camera (K7D) falling out of the sky into my hands to save me, just before I get attacked by a pack of angry 5D mk II's & D700's...
04-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #978

QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
i'm in dilemma - grab K20D while i still can, or wait for K7 and pay it dearly...
Same dilemma here.
I'm wondering, consider that Pentax (?) said the new camera is NOT the successor of the K20D, if the K7 (completely new series?) will be tagged HIGHER than the K20D or just a completely different approach (as some said: "will fit your limited lens better").

In other words, if I'm looking for a Nikon-D90-like (at least!) Pentax, and don't care about a "retro look" ().
Is there a change that the K7 will actually have some DISadvantage over the current K20D is some aspects? Even in the most basic stuff, like.. I dunno.. no backlight on the top lcd.. maybe?

This all "retro" idea keeps me nervous.. I want a year-2009 camera, top-notch in every aspect. Not something retro as a limited series used mainly for nostalgia...
04-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #979

I will be very amused if the new AF system is a split prism.

04-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #980
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
I really, really hope we can still assign ISO directly to an e-dial (i.e. no need to press a button).
Sure, the blurred image of the mode dial still shows Sv mode. Since all other modes are still there too, we can assume that part of the camera interface won't change much, so it's bound to be possible. The fact that there's a dedicated button doesn't mean anything. After all, on the K10D/K20D one of the dials could be used for direct Ev compensation regardless of an Ev compensation button being present on the body...

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
I hope the K7 still has the burst shooting mode of the k20d where you can shoot 22 frames per second for up to 114 frames as this would be ace for high speed photography even if it is only at HD quality which is still something like 1028 pixels high.

I just hope they don't replace with the video mode as I fear it will be hard to shoot video at 1/4000th of a second or can you do that?

I'm stuck on the k10d currently but thats all going to change soon!
The 22 frames on the K20D is really a gimmick. I can only say that in each series I ever shot there were several images that were severely misformed. I never really got a useful set. The fact that the mirror is up all the time doesn't make using this feature any easier... Movie mode with live view is preferred, even if at lower resolution. However, nothing about video mode resolution is know, and we don't even know if the video mode is for real. The blurred image seems to indicate this and so do some posters, but no final word afaik...

Wim
04-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #981
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
You can do that now with the K10D/K20D
I know, that's how my K10D is setup. And that is why I'm hoping this will still be possible on the new camery. Pushing a button to change ISO is so "CaNikonny"
04-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #982
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
Same dilemma here.

This all "retro" idea keeps me nervous.. I want a year-2009 camera, top-notch in every aspect. Not something retro as a limited series used mainly for nostalgia...
K-7 is higher than K20D. It's 50D/A700 league camera. And higher in some aspects IMO

04-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #983
Veteran Member

here is K7 !!!
so what your saying is you photochopped this so that it looks like the K7 of which you can not release a real photo of.
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #984
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
Same dilemma here.
I'm wondering, consider that Pentax (?) said the new camera is NOT the successor of the K20D, if the K7 (completely new series?) will be tagged HIGHER than the K20D or just a completely different approach (as some said: "will fit your limited lens better").

In other words, if I'm looking for a Nikon-D90-like (at least!) Pentax, and don't care about a "retro look" ().
Is there a change that the K7 will actually have some DISadvantage over the current K20D is some aspects? Even in the most basic stuff, like.. I dunno.. no backlight on the top lcd.. maybe?

I think it you want D90 like at least, get a K20d.

I'd say there's little worry they're going to take some steps back out of 'nostalgia.' Frankly, it just looks like a real camera to me: that finder housing looks to me like it must hold that new design of prism that the patent's been shown for, here, and a serious finder means business in any era.

I seriously doubt anything will be lost to 'nostalgia;' my only worry would be if they compromised or crowded out anything important for the sake of adding video or certain types of live view.

It does make me wonder, though, if they do make this a single-digit camera, if that might imply there's also a K30 coming along after all.
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #985

Have you guys read the the dpr review of the 15mm. Check out the statement made in the cons section.

Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Lens Review: 4. Conclusion & samples: Digital Photography Review
04-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #986
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GnusMas Quote
Have you guys read the the dpr review of the 15mm. Check out the statement made in the cons section.

Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Lens Review: 4. Conclusion & samples: Digital Photography Review
Problems with square FILTERS. ie LEE, Cokin etc. Same problems that any lens with a built in hood has eq Nikon 14-24, Pentax FA 31 etc.
04-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #987
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Problems with square FILTERS. ie LEE, Cokin etc. Same problems that any lens with a built in hood has eq Nikon 14-24, Pentax FA 31 etc.
if planning to use those, one should get DA12-24 instead of limited lens, limited lens are designed to be small, and if you want to put all those square filters and stuff in then use a big lens :P

Anyways, please get back to the K7/K30D rumor here
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #988

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thnx for the clarification.
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #989
Veteran Member

here is K7 !!!
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I think it you want D90 like at least, get a K20d.

I'd say there's little worry they're going to take some steps back out of 'nostalgia.' Frankly, it just looks like a real camera to me: that finder housing looks to me like it must hold that new design of prism that the patent's been shown for, here, and a serious finder means business in any era.

I seriously doubt anything will be lost to 'nostalgia;' my only worry would be if they compromised or crowded out anything important for the sake of adding video or certain types of live view.

It does make me wonder, though, if they do make this a single-digit camera, if that might imply there's also a K30 coming along after all.
Remember this is not a replacement for the K20D but something new. There is still room for another K30D body as I don't think the K7 is the K20D replacement but will be like the MZ-S, tho I am still holding out some hope that they release a digital upper spec cam in the MZ-S styled body.
04-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #990
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
I am waiting for post 1000.. But I have to go to bed.. I will now have weird dreams of this camera (K7D) falling out of the sky into my hands to save me, just before I get attacked by a pack of angry 5D mk II's & D700's...
hahahahahah lol,

Strange how so many of us have similar dreams