Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #1021
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
i think we can all come back down to earth now and prepare for the K7(?) to simply be a compact, rugged, 14.6 mp APS-C camera that is up-to-date with HD video, 3"inch VGA screen, SR, and improved AF with AF assist.
Sounds very good to me. As matter of fact, I am only concerned about AF capabilities (hoping it will be at least similar to the new KM) and better ISO. The rest is all extras in my book....

04-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #1022
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
i think we can all come back down to earth now and prepare for the K7(?) to simply be a compact, rugged, 14.6 mp APS-C camera that is up-to-date with HD video, 3"inch VGA screen, SR, and improved AF with AF assist.

the biggest headline feature besides its keeping up with the other brands' features and its small form factor will be a superlative 100% optical VF. let's prepare for this reality and hope Pentax will surprise us more with the VF but other than that, it's not the time traveling Square Format, FF, APS-H, hybrid E/OVF camera that it was at the beginning of this thread.
i like the way you think
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #1023
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I hope not. Unless they've implemented fantastic power management which means its impact on battery life is minimal so I can just leave it on all the time. Lots of photograph doesn't need it on but its nice to have direct access to it with a button for those shots that do.
There is practically NO DIFFERENCE in power consumption whether the SR is ON or OFF! So if you have been turning it off to save battery life, you don't need to do that any more and just leave it ON.

SR only starts to function the moment before the exposure, so in most cases, it only works for a fraction of a second. And because of its floating sensor design, you still need to use power to center the sensor when SR is OFF - and for the same duration of time. So in effect, you are using more or less the same amount of power (to center or move the sensor around) with SR OFF or ON; and there is almost no impact on battery life.
04-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #1024

Any news of the AF system ? Still the old 11 point system which is back from the *ist Film days ?
Or will it use a new developed 'more-points!' system which is much faster in low-light ?
And what about the FPS ? Will it be still the slowest in the competition with it's 2.9-3.1 FPS ? Or will it be much higher ?

Last but not least.....what about the high ISO performance ? I do use my K20D a lot on ISO 1250 and don't go higher because I don't like the noise on higher ISO's in my low-light party shots...
Can they provide a nice and clear ISO 3200 ? And with the max of 12.800 or something ?

Resolution is not important to me...

04-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #1025
Veteran Member

I imagine the body to be kind of like this minus the left dial
04-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #1026
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Problems with square FILTERS. ie LEE, Cokin etc. Same problems that any lens with a built in hood has eq Nikon 14-24, Pentax FA 31 etc.
It is no problem at all and I'm surprised DPR is so stupid and stubborn.
Just taje one (or two) filters which you remove the glass from.
Put the cokin ring and rectangular adapter and that's it.

It's easy. you may not have thought about it but supposedly well informed DPR should have. vkfshk¨%¨%¨£¨£¨%%ù`ù`=`ùhqs (censored)
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #1028

Yvon has made a post on his blog about the new body. Basically he confirms that it will be made official next month.

PENTAX DSLRs
04-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #1029
Veteran Member

I've just repaired this jpeg nothing really jumps out but still here it is...
Attached Images

04-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #1030
Inactive Account

That's not the new Pentax - it has no retro strap slugs, the mode dial is different, the prism looks too big.
04-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #1031
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
I've just repaired this jpeg nothing really jumps out but still here it is...
Why would you as that's a confirmed hoax?
04-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #1032
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
Could you please explain what this means, for those of us that aren't familiar with the MZ-S ?
According to wikipedia this was an HIGH-END model.... These are actually good news

thanks
The MZ-S was a mag alloy camera, spec wise it was just like the other MZ/ZX cameras but it was an ergonomic dream, Also I think it had the fastest AF of most Pentax cameras.

This was to later be turned into the MZ-D but that never happened but many would love the form factor to return.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/pentax_mzs.html

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0102/01021106pentaxdigitalslr.asp

Last edited by Torphoto; 04-24-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added links
04-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #1033
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Priyantha Bleeker Quote
Any news of the AF system ? Still the old 11 point system which is back from the *ist Film days ?
Or will it use a new developed 'more-points!' system which is much faster in low-light ?
And what about the FPS ? Will it be still the slowest in the competition with it's 2.9-3.1 FPS ? Or will it be much higher ?

They can just keep making the middle one better, and I'll keep knowing how to focus.
04-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #1034
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
They can just keep making the middle one better, and I'll keep knowing how to focus.
+1 for a more sensitive and accurate center af point, F2.8 to
04-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #1035
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by GnusMas Quote
Yvon has made a post on his blog about the new body. Basically he confirms that it will be made official next month.

PENTAX DSLRs
So one Pentax branch tried to cover it up, and Yvon blew that cover up wide open I believe Yvon more than I do Pentax Corporate.