Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #91

I will buy one of this what ever, since the mirror box nose is shorter then my A*200mm F4 marco can do portrait shot again

04-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From LX to ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
You can say it aloud but this camera is not the MZ-D (as shown in 2001)
Of course not. The only acceptable name for it is xC.

Rui
04-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
This thread is so lame. It's obviously the K20 + DA35 taken with a lens with focals between 14 and 24mm. A crop, in fact. That's why the distorsion renders differently the edge of the picture where the front of the camera is located.

Forget the conspiracy theory and do THINK, boys!
hahaha, I will as soon as you do...
04-15-2009, 05:19 AM   #94

Photos: Gallery
Actually, I don't tink that this one will be a "digital LX". It feels like a really big step, and I don't think that they will take that step right now. I believe that if there will be a digital LX, it will be during the generation of cameras that comes after the next ones.

But thats only my thoughts (:

04-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Do you remember the rumor - new camera will be higher, but body is more compact.
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
No, I don't.
Where was that rumor posted?
I remember the rumor saying the new camera will be higher grade (meaning more advanced)
04-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #96
Veteran Member

I'm definitely waiting until summer to upgrade my K200D. Hopefully this one won't disappoint. Maybe out insider will give us some more "spy shots" to keep wetting the apetite.

04-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #97
Banned

QuoteQuote:
I remember the rumor saying the new camera will be higher grade (meaning more advanced)
what is more advanced? more gimmicky features?

04-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
what is more advanced? more gimmicky features?
Yep same ol gimmicky features like AF ability to focus in available light, better VF, better shutter mechanism with faster speed, faster sync flash speed, way better noise sensor characteristics, better DR, better metering, better flash system metering. etc. You know all this really not important stuff.
:P
04-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #99
Pentaxian

I think we could be almost 100% sure that the new Pentax, to be unveiled this summer, will have the same sensor as the K20D. I suspect that nothing will be changed in this department. All other hardware will be improved such as the body, the AF, the Prime processor and the FPS.

This is based on what Pentax said in the past when the K20D was announced. There was not enough R&D budget to tweak the whole camera, so they used the K10D as a basis for the 14,6MP sensor, including some minor tweaks (larger LCD screen, better mirror dampening). Maybe the sensor will be revised a little, but earth-shattering differences are not to be expected.

I like the new shorter prism in the leaked photos. Now there's more room to have Pentax prominently on the front of the camera
04-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #100

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I think we could be almost 100% sure that the new Pentax, to be unveiled this summer, will have the same sensor as the K20D. I suspect that nothing will be changed in this department. All other hardware will be improved such as the body, the AF, the Prime processor and the FPS.

This is based on what Pentax said in the past when the K20D was announced. There was not enough R&D budget to tweak the whole camera, so they used the K10D as a basis for the 14,6MP sensor, including some minor tweaks (larger LCD screen, better mirror dampening). Maybe the sensor will be revised a little, but earth-shattering differences are not to be expected.

I like the new shorter prism in the leaked photos. Now there's more room to have Pentax prominently on the front of the camera

Well it should have the same sensor as the NX, which we know will have a 14mp sensor with better video functions. We also knows about the smaller size.

I am surprised and delighten by the handsomer "fronthead". It's not Sony A900 but is still alot better looking than the ongoing Pentax models. I think limited lenses and manual lenses will look great on this body.

I hope these is 1:1 live view manual focus aid.

I am in the mist of switching mount but I am still rooting for Pentax, as always. I will keep my my red Pentax strap.
04-15-2009, 07:44 AM   #101
Forum Member

Is my memory correct about this:? I seem to recall that in one of those recent interviews with a Pentax official there was talk about a somewhat redesigned DA line.

And, do some of you recall the rumour - very possibly pure speculation - that the new sensor will be taller, specifically a square with the same sidelength as the current horizontal size of the K20 sensor (24mm * 24mm if memory serves). So that you'd get a standard cropped picture vertically without having to tilt the body. And you'd be offered other crop choices, including a full square. This would make more use of the current APS-C lenses' coverage. This rumour of course contradicts the one re no major changes to the Samsung sensor. But I'd love this kind of square sensor. Surely it could be achieved in a somewhat more compact yet taller body?
04-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lc_toronto Quote
And, do some of you recall the rumour - very possibly pure speculation - that the new sensor will be taller, specifically a square with the same sidelength as the current horizontal size of the K20 sensor (24mm * 24mm if memory serves). So that you'd get a standard cropped picture vertically without having to tilt the body. And you'd be offered other crop choices, including a full square. This would make more use of the current APS-C lenses' coverage. This rumour of course contradicts the one re no major changes to the Samsung sensor. But I'd love this kind of square sensor. Surely it could be achieved in a somewhat more compact yet taller body?
As has been said before: if you think about it, this is physically impossible. Imagine a 3:2 rectangle fitting exactly inside a circle. Then imagine a square with the same side as the longer side of the rectangle in the center of the same circle -- the circle does not cover it.

It's only a rumour.
04-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #103
Forum Member

Can't be

Can't be the new Pentax DSLR: It's not white, silver, olive, or pink!
04-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #104
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sezme Quote
Can't be the new Pentax DSLR: It's not white, silver, olive, or pink!
Well, thanks for making an account to express that concern. We feel for you. How do you sleep at night knowing the first three are out there? Why, someone's marketing a few cameras that *look* different!

Horrors! That must mean everything sucks!
04-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #105
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, thanks for making an account to express that concern. We feel for you. How do you sleep at night knowing the first three are out there? Why, someone's marketing a few cameras that *look* different!

Horrors! That must mean everything sucks!
You know, responses like yours are why they really should ban humour on the Internet. Hint: take the pickle out once in awhile.