Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #1066
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,238
QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
How can you find the information very close to real when the DSLR has not been unveiled yet?

RiceHigh's posting his blogsite on someone elses forum is usually considered as spamming.
It's easy. If you have photos of K-7, you can draw the conclusion.
The camera will be announced in 3 weeks. All dealers has promotional materials

04-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #1067
Site Supporter
ebooks4pentax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 454
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's easy. If you have photos of K-7, you can draw the conclusion.
The camera will be announced in 3 weeks. All dealers has promotional materials
With all due respect, you can photoshop any current DSLR to whatever you want it to look like. As for the promotional materials, I haven't seen any on the internet or elsewhere just yet.

The bottom line, it's only official when Hoya/Pentax issue a press release, period. Everything else are speculations.

Let's not take ourselves too seriously, let's have fun with prediction, but let's also be careful not to set ourselves up for disapointment either. We only have 3 to 4 weeks to wait.
04-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #1068
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,238
QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
With all due respect, you can photoshop any current DSLR to whatever you want it to look like. As for the promotional materials, I haven't seen any on the internet or elsewhere just yet.

The bottom line, it's only official when Hoya/Pentax issue a press release, period. Everything else are speculations.

Let's not take ourselves too seriously, let's have fun with prediction, but let's also be careful not to set ourselves up for disapointment either. We only have 3 to 4 weeks to wait.
Promotion materials are here, in this thread. From man from Shanghai. The rest materials are for private use only.

OK. If Rice is right, what can you say? May, 21 will answer. I hope.
04-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #1069
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Promotion materials are here, in this thread. From man from Shanghai. The rest materials are for private use only.

OK. If Rice is right, what can you say? May, 21 will answer. I hope.
Time will tell.

And stop arguing with that guy. I do doubt much his integrity, in fact. And, his *first* reply post in this Mega-thread was consisting of mostly personal attack on me, which is indeed not worth replying, frankly. Just ignore him from now on - my suggestion.

04-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #1070
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,934
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Strange post. I found Rice's last information about K-7 very close to real. +/-.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax K-7 Unofficially Announced!

Rice likes Pentax lenses and I like it too. As for me, camera is just tool. Good camera is good tool.
I think that Rice "makes a mountain out of a molehill" sometimes when he sees the minors of Pentax cameras, but I don't think that he discredit Pentax equipment.

Have a look how good old FAJ18-35 works at Canon 5D.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Some Sample Photos with FAJ 18-35 on 5D (Full Frame)
Oh, thanks.

Surprisingly and out of my expectation, the FAJ 18-35 stands up well and on a par with those expensive "Luxury" glass of Canon like 17-40L and 16-35/II L at f/8 and f/11, which is truly amazing!
04-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #1071
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
As for me, K20D has strong AA filter. I think so. Good resolution, but K10D has better sharpness without additional sharp. IMO.
I agree that the K20's jpegs can be awfully soft, but the RAWs were on par with the very best cameras resolution wise. I don't doubt that the K10 may look sharper across the whole image however. the same exact thing happened with Canon's 40D vs the new 50D. It seems that around 15 mp on APS-C, the sensor begins to run up against the resolution limit of today's lenses, showing all their flaws that a lesser resolution sensor wouldn't.

I don't think it's a stronger AA filter than their predecessors in both the K20D and 50D's cases.
04-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #1072
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 190
I just hope they remain the same resolution...and didn't go higher.
Please just make it better in DR aspects and high-ISO noise and of course faster extraction of the photos from the sensor to make it possible to gain in FPS.

A better more consistent (more fields ?) lightmeteringsystem would be welcome to for me. And of course the core consistent and faster AF system especialy with faster lenses(like my DA* 16-50) to gain speed and consistency.
04-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #1073
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Verona, Italy
Posts: 202
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
ISO 64,000 = HDR-type images without HDR!


.
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Careful, that's a "who needs more than 640K of RAM" sort of quote. I can immediately think of plenty of uses for clean ISO 64,000 for "most people". (High depth of field in low light!)
Manfrotto sells a special kind of device that allows you to shoot with any ISO/shutter/aperture settings you want, without any shake. Even seconds...even minutes...hours maybe.

They call them "tripods".

04-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #1074
Veteran Member
Torphoto's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad W.I.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 620
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Strange post. I found Rice's last information about K-7 very close to real. +/-.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax K-7 Unofficially Announced!

Rice likes Pentax lenses and I like it too. As for me, camera is just tool. Good camera is good tool.
I think that Rice "makes a mountain out of a molehill" sometimes when he sees the minors of Pentax cameras, but I don't think that he discredit Pentax equipment.

Have a look how good old FAJ18-35 works at Canon 5D.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Some Sample Photos with FAJ 18-35 on 5D (Full Frame)
If you take away fanboyism, Rice in some small part is actually helping us, Ya ok I have bashed him myself at times but he seems excited and supportive this time. I actually am beginning to get the feeling he WANTS Pentax to do well but has a harsher approach to letting them know their mistakes but if the K-7 answers his previous bashing he should be happy.

When you think of it, the K20D is the camera the K10D should have been and this K-7 might be what the K20D should have been, if Pentax can keep ahead of the curve now with innovative features and not enter the megapixel wars they will be on to something.

But! I will wait to see Rice's reaction when the real deal comes out before I keep my open mindfulness toward him.
04-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #1075
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
That is the common guess, but not a fact as far as I know.
Just look at the 645D new pics... it's up there (where it should be IMO).

Excellent layout with all the most important controls at hand and much more easy to use than OK+front wheel in M and P mode.
04-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #1076
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somerset, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 629
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's easy. If you have photos of K-7, you can draw the conclusion.
The camera will be announced in 3 weeks. All dealers has promotional materials
So I'm guessing it's going to be released before july if dealers have promotional material already!? Otherwise it would be a bit pointless to be marketing a camera 2 months before its available???
04-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #1077
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,238
QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
So I'm guessing it's going to be released before july if dealers have promotional material already!? Otherwise it would be a bit pointless to be marketing a camera 2 months before its available???
K-7 will be on sale in 1 month (approx.) after the announcement.
It means - on June, 22 - July, 10.
04-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #1078
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,940
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Just look at the 645D new pics... it's up there (where it should be IMO).

Excellent layout with all the most important controls at hand and much more easy to use than OK+front wheel in M and P mode.
Yes, that makes it a fact on the 645D, not on the K7. It's probably the same layout on the K7, but it is still a guess.
04-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #1079
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Yes, that makes it a fact on the 645D, not on the K7. It's probably the same layout on the K7, but it is still a guess.

Sure, you are right of course, we can just label it an "educated guess" and hope it will be soon a reality.

It looks to me as the best control layout ever from Pentax (and I am already really found of their previous layouts, even more since I have been a Canon user for the last year...)
04-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #1080
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
So I'm guessing it's going to be released before july if dealers have promotional material already!? Otherwise it would be a bit pointless to be marketing a camera 2 months before its available???
Release about one month after announcement seems reasonable to me: early july.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST A PIC TO OWN THE PIC ABOVE! (Game) ll_coffee_lP Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 788 08-01-2015 01:01 AM
Who out there would prefer a K30D? Ben Hunt Pentax DSLR Discussion 45 11-05-2010 06:48 AM
What would we want from the K30D? offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 102 04-22-2009 02:30 AM
So... is the K30D actually going to have autofocus? SupremeMoFo Pentax News and Rumors 88 01-03-2009 05:53 PM
Iso 1600 pic and a Butterfly Pic... Eastern Shore Charlie Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top