Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #1066
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
How can you find the information very close to real when the DSLR has not been unveiled yet?

RiceHigh's posting his blogsite on someone elses forum is usually considered as spamming.
It's easy. If you have photos of K-7, you can draw the conclusion.
The camera will be announced in 3 weeks. All dealers has promotional materials

04-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #1067
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
With all due respect, you can photoshop any current DSLR to whatever you want it to look like. As for the promotional materials, I haven't seen any on the internet or elsewhere just yet.

The bottom line, it's only official when Hoya/Pentax issue a press release, period. Everything else are speculations.

Let's not take ourselves too seriously, let's have fun with prediction, but let's also be careful not to set ourselves up for disapointment either. We only have 3 to 4 weeks to wait.
04-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #1068
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
With all due respect, you can photoshop any current DSLR to whatever you want it to look like. As for the promotional materials, I haven't seen any on the internet or elsewhere just yet.

The bottom line, it's only official when Hoya/Pentax issue a press release, period. Everything else are speculations.

Let's not take ourselves too seriously, let's have fun with prediction, but let's also be careful not to set ourselves up for disapointment either. We only have 3 to 4 weeks to wait.
Promotion materials are here, in this thread. From man from Shanghai. The rest materials are for private use only.

OK. If Rice is right, what can you say? May, 21 will answer. I hope.
04-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #1069
Veteran Member

Promotion materials are here, in this thread. From man from Shanghai. The rest materials are for private use only.

OK. If Rice is right, what can you say? May, 21 will answer. I hope.
Time will tell.

And stop arguing with that guy. I do doubt much his integrity, in fact. And, his *first* reply post in this Mega-thread was consisting of mostly personal attack on me, which is indeed not worth replying, frankly. Just ignore him from now on - my suggestion.

04-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #1070
Veteran Member

Strange post. I found Rice's last information about K-7 very close to real. +/-.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax K-7 Unofficially Announced!

Rice likes Pentax lenses and I like it too. As for me, camera is just tool. Good camera is good tool.
I think that Rice "makes a mountain out of a molehill" sometimes when he sees the minors of Pentax cameras, but I don't think that he discredit Pentax equipment.

Have a look how good old FAJ18-35 works at Canon 5D.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Some Sample Photos with FAJ 18-35 on 5D (Full Frame)
Oh, thanks.

Surprisingly and out of my expectation, the FAJ 18-35 stands up well and on a par with those expensive "Luxury" glass of Canon like 17-40L and 16-35/II L at f/8 and f/11, which is truly amazing!
04-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #1071
Veteran Member

As for me, K20D has strong AA filter. I think so. Good resolution, but K10D has better sharpness without additional sharp. IMO.
I agree that the K20's jpegs can be awfully soft, but the RAWs were on par with the very best cameras resolution wise. I don't doubt that the K10 may look sharper across the whole image however. the same exact thing happened with Canon's 40D vs the new 50D. It seems that around 15 mp on APS-C, the sensor begins to run up against the resolution limit of today's lenses, showing all their flaws that a lesser resolution sensor wouldn't.

I don't think it's a stronger AA filter than their predecessors in both the K20D and 50D's cases.
04-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #1072

I just hope they remain the same resolution...and didn't go higher.
Please just make it better in DR aspects and high-ISO noise and of course faster extraction of the photos from the sensor to make it possible to gain in FPS.

A better more consistent (more fields ?) lightmeteringsystem would be welcome to for me. And of course the core consistent and faster AF system especialy with faster lenses(like my DA* 16-50) to gain speed and consistency.

04-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #1073

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
ISO 64,000 = HDR-type images without HDR!

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Careful, that's a "who needs more than 640K of RAM" sort of quote. I can immediately think of plenty of uses for clean ISO 64,000 for "most people". (High depth of field in low light!)
Manfrotto sells a special kind of device that allows you to shoot with any ISO/shutter/aperture settings you want, without any shake. Even seconds...even minutes...hours maybe.

They call them "tripods".
04-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #1074
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Strange post. I found Rice's last information about K-7 very close to real. +/-.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Pentax K-7 Unofficially Announced!

Rice likes Pentax lenses and I like it too. As for me, camera is just tool. Good camera is good tool.
I think that Rice "makes a mountain out of a molehill" sometimes when he sees the minors of Pentax cameras, but I don't think that he discredit Pentax equipment.

Have a look how good old FAJ18-35 works at Canon 5D.
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Some Sample Photos with FAJ 18-35 on 5D (Full Frame)
If you take away fanboyism, Rice in some small part is actually helping us, Ya ok I have bashed him myself at times but he seems excited and supportive this time. I actually am beginning to get the feeling he WANTS Pentax to do well but has a harsher approach to letting them know their mistakes but if the K-7 answers his previous bashing he should be happy.

When you think of it, the K20D is the camera the K10D should have been and this K-7 might be what the K20D should have been, if Pentax can keep ahead of the curve now with innovative features and not enter the megapixel wars they will be on to something.

But! I will wait to see Rice's reaction when the real deal comes out before I keep my open mindfulness toward him.
04-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #1075
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
That is the common guess, but not a fact as far as I know.
Just look at the 645D new pics... it's up there (where it should be IMO).

Excellent layout with all the most important controls at hand and much more easy to use than OK+front wheel in M and P mode.
04-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #1076
Veteran Member

So I'm guessing it's going to be released before july if dealers have promotional material already!? Otherwise it would be a bit pointless to be marketing a camera 2 months before its available???
04-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #1077
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
So I'm guessing it's going to be released before july if dealers have promotional material already!? Otherwise it would be a bit pointless to be marketing a camera 2 months before its available???
K-7 will be on sale in 1 month (approx.) after the announcement.
It means - on June, 22 - July, 10.
04-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #1078
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Just look at the 645D new pics... it's up there (where it should be IMO).

Excellent layout with all the most important controls at hand and much more easy to use than OK+front wheel in M and P mode.
Yes, that makes it a fact on the 645D, not on the K7. It's probably the same layout on the K7, but it is still a guess.
04-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #1079
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Yes, that makes it a fact on the 645D, not on the K7. It's probably the same layout on the K7, but it is still a guess.

Sure, you are right of course, we can just label it an "educated guess" and hope it will be soon a reality.

It looks to me as the best control layout ever from Pentax (and I am already really found of their previous layouts, even more since I have been a Canon user for the last year...)
04-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #1080
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Release about one month after announcement seems reasonable to me: early july.