Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #1111
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Stop littering this thread with RH venting, the anti RH mob keeps hijaking threads to pick fights, the hundreds of people viewing this thread are interesting in discussing the k7 rumors not RH. Start your own compaint thread in the OT forums please.

04-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #1112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Show me the money or claim NDA

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
...the hundreds of people viewing this thread are interesting in discussing the k7 rumors...
That being said, there are very few people that have actual information. Those that have first-hand knowledge obviously have evidence - pictures, spec sheet, brochure, etc. to back it up. So my thinking is, if you claim to have this evidence, either tell us you have an NDA, or show us the evidence. If you don't have an NDA I don't see how you can get into trouble.

If you have a "secret source" that verbally tells you details, I still consider that speculative. Mind you, those speculations are welcome, but please don't "litter" this thread with claims of fact. I'd rather hear someone's far-fetched high hopes than someone else's "real" information that turns out to be wrong.
04-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #1113
Veteran Member

What the hell, com on guys Talk K-7 and stop picking on Rice, or Yvon or anyone else for that matter.

Picking on Rice only feeds his anger, lets take a kinder hand with him. He's actually happy about this new camera so lets enjoy this respite while it lasts. Think of it like this, the old saying your only as good as your worse critic, and Rice is Pentax's. ( OMG X2!!! I'm defending rice again )

Now lets move on to more important things, like buy a 60-250 now or hold on to that money for the K-7, or neither and wait for the K30D, or........
04-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #1114
emr

I wonder what does a standard NDA actually include? If a reviewer or tester has a camera in his/her hands and has signed the NDA, is he/she even allowed the admit there's a new camera model coming without giving any further details?

I assume the NDA forbids _any_ information at all. So some readers and posters here might actually have a prototype in their hands right now and they're probably laughing at all the speculation.

04-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #1115
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raybird Quote
If you don't have an NDA I don't see how you can get into trouble.
Some sort of watermark in the pictures ?
04-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #1116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Surprisingly and out of my expectation, the FAJ 18-35 stands up well and on a par with those expensive "Luxury" glass of Canon like 17-40L and 16-35/II L at f/8 and f/11, which is truly amazing!
All lenses are good at f/8-11...nice try.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It sounds like religious fanatic's words...

is Pentax your God?

Not mine.

thou shalt not make thee any graven image
Ummm...that's treading a fine line. If I were easily offended, I probably would be. Be careful what you say and how you say it.
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote

Picking on Rice only feeds his anger, lets take a kinder hand with him. He's actually happy about taking credit for "announcing" this new camera so lets enjoy this respite while it lasts. T
Fixed for you...see bold.
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #1117
Veteran Member

Aww come on now. more K-7 speculations less same thread quotes

04-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #1118
Veteran Member

this is what i was afraid of.

a month before the announcement, with no new details left to tease, and these threads fester and devolve into something much less vibrant and positive.

Pentax is finally getting some overdue attention from other branders and newcomers who come to Pentaxforums to hear the latest and get a glimpse of the Pentax community, and they get this. people taking sides between two die-hard Pentax followers.

these leaks were poorly timed. what's left to speculate for a month? internal spec numeric figures? Scintillating. the honeymoon will soon be over, and with it the opportunity for Pentax to turn more heads their way. for the next four weeks the hype will move on to another company's new offerings as the interest in the K7 dies down by the mainstream. meanwhile we dedicated Pentax fans are left with each other's delightful company. :hmm:
04-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #1119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
com on guys Talk K-7 and stop picking on Rice, or Yvon or anyone else for that matter.
Exactly my point. It's great for people to have opinions and ideas, even better in this thread if people have details, both are welcome. Speaking for myself, I'm weary of the "wink wink I know something but I can't tell you how I know" bit.

As far as talking K-7, I'm still wondering what the US name will be, since we don't have a K-dash-anything yet. Someone else mentioned K2, which to me makes logical sense on the one hand - K2000 on one far end and K2 on the other. But OTOH, having the K-7 and K2 be the same camera could be confusing.
04-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #1120
RaduA

Sometime ago I regarded you pretty highly but your latest (after the long break you took) posts show me that I may of been wrong. I have no expectation from some other individuals here (rh, ogl, for example) but I had a lot from you. All I said and you weren't capable of understanding was that this so called table of specs tells me for sure that RH has no idea about the new camera besides what was regurgitated of various fora. I didn't oppose RH to another guy/blog, and you were again wrong to say that FACT is a personal attack. And as pointed before you must have a lot more personal anger against other individuals than I have for RH and you were in fact borderline offensive towards them.

I only said that this guy has no idea about the new camera because if he had he would of posted facts and hard data not poetry about dual wheels and ISO buttons visible in the leaked pictures. Also I said that visiting his blog will not quench the thirst of any Pentaxian regarding the new camera more than what is writen in this thread for example but only "feed" him. And if this is an attempt from my part to restrain his right to say whatever about Pentax I guess you need to rethink HARDER that part again.

Got it now?
Radu

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
"anti-Pentax efforts?"
Being critical is "anti-Pentax"?
Come on ...

I must say that I prefer RiceHigh's blog any time over e.g. Yvon Bourgue's bootlicking and PayPal begging.

RiceHigh has the same right to express his views as we all.
This is the time of anticipation and speculation, don't spoil it by unnecessary personal attacks.
04-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #1121
Veteran Member

Aww come on now. more K-7 speculations less same thread quotes
Mmmmk...how about this.

Quieter shutter is necessary. Sick of the "zip-zip" sound the mechanism makes. I'll be disappointed if the shutter is as loud as the K10/20.

04-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #1122

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Mmmmk...how about this.

Quieter shutter is necessary. Sick of the "zip-zip" sound the mechanism makes. I'll be disappointed if the shutter is as loud as the K10/20.

This would be nice, especially for candid shooting. I like a little bit of a click, but it can seem overly loud in quiet places.

I remember reading once that at some time a good ways back only Leica cameras were allowed in court hearings because they were the only ones quiet enough.
04-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #1123
Veteran Member

Rangefinder-quiet would be nice. One would think we've come far enough for SLRs to be as quiet...

IMO the Canon 40D is the noise level this new Pentax should compete with. It's just a "click"...no shutter up...shutter down noise.
04-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #1124
Pentaxian

Do you know the K20D has a quieter shutter/mirror mechanism than the K10D?
04-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #1125

lets start a war...