Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #1141
Veteran Member
KungPOW's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,702
So, anyone still doubting this is a real camera, there it is.

Is this the first "official" photo of the camera from a Pentax site?

04-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #1142
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
So, anyone still doubting this is a real camera, there it is.

Is this the first "official" photo of the camera from a Pentax site?
It would appear so...Ned's cryptic message about a teaser seems true.

Blowing up the crop and sharpening doesn't reveal any new info. The shape of the prism we've seen already is definitely present at 200%+
04-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #1143
Veteran Member
lol101's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Garennes sur Eure France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
For Ned's pic...he starts with the DA15. Every few days as the annoucement gets closer, he should sit in the same chair and use a different lens...like...next up is the DA21, then FA31, etc. culminating with a DA300 shot.

Now wouldn't that be fun?
That would be... excruciatingly fun!!
04-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #1144
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
That would be... excruciatingly fun!!
Key word: excruciating!

04-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #1145
Veteran Member
Caat's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Photos: Albums
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
That would be... excruciatingly fun!!

Whatever floats your boat
04-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #1146
Veteran Member
Caat's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Photos: Albums
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
So, anyone still doubting this is a real camera, there it is.

Is this the first "official" photo of the camera from a Pentax site?
Is it just me or does it look like an E-3?!
04-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #1147
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by stingray Quote
If you enlarge the picture on ned site, there is a camera on the wall...maybe that is the tease.
yep, so now Ned B is in on the early promotion as well.

Pentax is really trying to hold this head of steam they've managed to build. The world is watching. As a Pentax guy, I sincerely hope they make the most of it. They may not have another chance as good as this one (economy, Canon and Nikon dozing off etc.)

At this point, this "K7" better be more than a smaller, metal, slightly improved K20. Let it be the small milestone in digital photography we all want it to be, else now even the higher official echelons of Pentax will be guilty of crying wolf.
04-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #1148
Veteran Member
Caat's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Photos: Albums
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
yep, so now Ned B is in on the early promotion as well.

Pentax is really trying to hold this head of steam they've managed to build. The world is watching. As a Pentax guy, I sincerely hope they make the most of it. They may not have another chance as good as this one (economy, Canon and Nikon dozing off etc.)

At this point, this "K7" better be more than a smaller, metal, slightly improved K20. Let it be the small milestone in digital photography we all want it to be, else now even the higher official echelons of Pentax will be guilty of crying wolf.
I'm starting to doze off now a bit!

Ned's blog did indicate that the teaser campaign was leaked early. Shame.

04-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #1149
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,862
K7

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Iíve never heard of K7 mountain, only K2
04-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #1150
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,862
K-7 by Ned

QuoteOriginally posted by stingray Quote
If you enlarge the picture on ned site, there is a camera on the wall...maybe that is the tease.
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
Maybe we should send that picture to CSI and make them use their image enhancement protocols.
From what can be seen in the picture the camera looks sweet.
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
For Ned's pic...he starts with the DA15. Every few days as the annoucement gets closer, he should sit in the same chair and use a different lens...like...next up is the DA21, then FA31, etc. culminating with a DA300 shot.
Ok, this is the K-7 as photographed by Ned (DA15). Let's hope his next attempts to photograph the K-7 yield a somewhat better image quality

Last edited by falconeye; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.
04-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #1151
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somerset, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 629
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Ok, this is the K-7 as photographed by Ned (DA15). Let's hope his next attempts to photograph the K-7 yield a somewhat better image quality
Don't you like ned's twin i.e look at my last post
04-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #1152
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,862
K-7 leaked by dopeytree

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Don't you like ned's twin i.e look at my last post
As soon as you manage to get it into Ned's blog site I'll like it

Meanwhile, I would appreciate if you would adhere to the forum policy to use the IMGWIDE tag (rather than the IMG tag) for images wider than 700px.

EDIT:
I just understand now what you mean ...
You used the K-7 front photo from the NDA press kit. Nice, but others have it in larger size
I found it more enterteining to verify that indeed Ned himself leaked an image...

For people not having seen the press kit photo yet (AFAIK, it didn't leak yet), I enlarged your version.

Enjoy

Last edited by falconeye; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.
04-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #1153
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I'm starting to doze off now a bit!

Ned's blog did indicate that the teaser campaign was leaked early. Shame.
yep. by now we all know what it looks like. now what?

if they did do something different with the viewfinder, how about some snippets of the manual or something? this is what happens with early leaks. a month is an eternity in the internet age. zzzz.
04-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #1154
Veteran Member
schmik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sydney Aus
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 527
It sure will be hard to keep the hype going for a month. At the first leak and as more specs came out i was ready to 'pre-order'. Now as the hype dies and the rational mind takes over i would be a lot more objective about it. Buy it? or buy a 2nd hand or severely discounted k20d? I'd say by the time it's launched i could get a k20d and km 2nd hand for the same price.....

Don't miss the boat pentax. if you have to announce early then do it. Even if it is them 2 months until delivery. Announce it and announce it now! don't give people a chance to 'imagine' the specs and then get disappointed if they are not there. Slap this new camera in into the face of the internet crowd before there is no surprise left.

mike
04-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #1155
Veteran Member
deejjjaaaa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: steel city / rust belt
Posts: 2,046
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
All lenses are good at f/8-11...nice try.
depends on the sensor... try F11 on 1/2.5"@12+mp
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST A PIC TO OWN THE PIC ABOVE! (Game) ll_coffee_lP Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 788 08-01-2015 01:01 AM
Who out there would prefer a K30D? Ben Hunt Pentax DSLR Discussion 45 11-05-2010 06:48 AM
What would we want from the K30D? offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 102 04-22-2009 02:30 AM
So... is the K30D actually going to have autofocus? SupremeMoFo Pentax News and Rumors 88 01-03-2009 05:53 PM
Iso 1600 pic and a Butterfly Pic... Eastern Shore Charlie Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top