Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #1261
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Wrong.....
hahaha, I wasn't asking for your opinion...

04-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #1262
Pentaxian
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,862
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
hahaha, I wasn't asking for your opinion...
Dave, I know.
Still, I thought my opinion would count.

Unfortunately, some members of this forum do possess press kit photos of the K-7 (front, top, rear). Others, inluding myself, have seen these photos to know they are real. Those who possess the photos aren't allowed to post them.

So, I thought I would step forward and tell you that there is no reason anymore to speculate as much as you did.


I really would appreciate if Ned would step forward and provide Adam with the press kit photos to be posted here. It isn't fair that he gives them to some but not others. We are all Pentax enthusiasts ...
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #1263
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Dave, I know.
. . .

I really would appreciate if Ned would step forward and provide Adam with the press kit photos to be posted here. It isn't fair that he gives them to some but not others. We are all Pentax enthusiasts ...
I agree with you. It would help quell the tempest in a tea pot as he put it.
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #1264
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I really would appreciate if Ned would step forward and provide Adam with the press kit photos to be posted here. It isn't fair that he gives them to some but not others. We are all Pentax enthusiasts ...
I agree.

I also think the spec sheet would be a nice gift

I either plan on buying this camera or getting a used or new Canon 5D on ebay, and unless I hear some solid info soon I may just have to go for the Canon.

04-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #1265
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I agree.

I also think the spec sheet would be a nice gift

I either plan on buying this camera or getting a used or new Canon 5D on ebay, and unless I hear some solid info soon I may just have to go for the Canon.
yes. the CEO is now also playing the hide-and-peek game. it's getting tacky. just release the pics without the specs if you want this game to continue.
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #1266
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I either plan on buying this camera or getting a used or new Canon 5D on ebay, and unless I hear some solid info soon I may just have to go for the Canon.
so basically, you can't wait a few weeks, may be less, then go directly to canon, they are the best ( that's what the rumor says)
04-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #1267
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: carpentersville, IL
Posts: 693
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Dave, I know.
Still, I thought my opinion would count.

Unfortunately, some members of this forum do possess press kit photos of the K-7 (front, top, rear). Others, inluding myself, have seen these photos to know they are real. Those who possess the photos aren't allowed to post them.

So, I thought I would step forward and tell you that there is no reason anymore to speculate as much as you did.


I really would appreciate if Ned would step forward and provide Adam with the press kit photos to be posted here. It isn't fair that he gives them to some but not others. We are all Pentax enthusiasts ...
I think I'm just trying to keep my expectations down. Don't want to be disappointed in the end when it's finally time to upgrade from the trusty k100d...
04-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #1268
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
so basically, you can't wait a few weeks, may be less, then go directly to canon, they are the best ( that's what the rumor says)
At this point it's almost a principal thing. Pentax isn't taking responsibilty for their lack of security. What if he needs a camera now? Should he wait 4 weeks just to find out it's not what he needs or worse, is what he needs but will only be available 6 weeks after that?

04-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #1269
Pentaxian
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
It's gone from breathless to cranky in here in a matter of days. This is like cabin fever.

We need a new photo right about now.
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #1270
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
so basically, you can't wait a few weeks, may be less, then go directly to canon, they are the best ( that's what the rumor says)
If Pentax released the specs for the K7 and they were impressive enough, I would absolutely wait. However, right now I'm in a position and place that I will be leaving on June 1st(seasonal biology job living on one of the few pieces of remaining, unplowed, tallgrass prairie in the world). There are many photographic opportunities I would like to take advantage of while I'm here. The K10D is a very capable camera, and I can take full advantage of a majority of these opportunities using it and my current lineup of lenses. However, I would love to have the 5D for its better high ISO performance for things such as wide angle astrophotography and early morning wildlife photography(namely of the prairie chickens I am studying). I don't need a 5D for these things, but I'm going to get a new camera body soon anyway, and the 5D is going for around the same price on ebay that the K7 will likely be released at. If I knew the K7 was going to be a show stopper I would just wait and hope I could make it back here in the near future. If it's something I feel I can pass on at least until the price drops significantly, I would get a 5D and a lens or two.

I never said Canon was the best. They just offer cameras and a few lenses I'm interested in that Pentax has no match for. Neither company is better than the other. I would keep most of my Pentax equipment and probably keep Pentax as my main day to day camera. I love Pentax and have no plans of jumping ship but I'm not so loyal to them that I would avoid buying a competitor's product.

By all means, I'm no pro and I really don't need a 5D. On the same token I don't need most of the Pentax stuff I have, but I like being able to produce what I think are alright pictures using it.
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #1271
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 184
Votesh, go ahead and get the 5D. You won't get the K-7 in time for your trip on June 1st.
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #1272
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Italy -> Canada -> Belgium -> Switzerland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 233
I do hope that the *special* feature K7 should have is not the default weather resistant kit lens.... it's true that it is not provided with any other camera offer, but still it would be a bit disappointing...
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #1273
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by soalle Quote
I do hope that the *special* feature K7 should have is not the default weather resistant kit lens.... it's true that it is not provided with any other camera offer, but still it would be a bit disappointing...
anything short of 20mp FF @ 10fps will be disappointing at this point..
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #1274
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 149
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
anything short of 20mp FF @ 10fps will be disappointing at this point..
And it only took 2 weeks...
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #1275
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 896
QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
And it only took 2 weeks...
i still just want Pentax to hurry and announce my smaller, slightly upgraded K20D. i don't want the damn thing to disappoint the photographic world after weeks of unnecessary waiting and excessive expectation building. for Pentax's sake.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST A PIC TO OWN THE PIC ABOVE! (Game) ll_coffee_lP Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 788 08-01-2015 01:01 AM
Who out there would prefer a K30D? Ben Hunt Pentax DSLR Discussion 45 11-05-2010 06:48 AM
What would we want from the K30D? offertonhatter Pentax News and Rumors 102 04-22-2009 02:30 AM
So... is the K30D actually going to have autofocus? SupremeMoFo Pentax News and Rumors 88 01-03-2009 05:53 PM
Iso 1600 pic and a Butterfly Pic... Eastern Shore Charlie Post Your Photos! 5 07-06-2008 10:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top