Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #1441
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Even if I would only take still images, it would grant me access almost everywhere, I guess
[IMGWIDELEFT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3424307992_f1e4d98ea8_o.jpg[/IMGWIDELEFT]
Maybe, if you looked like that...........

04-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #1442
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
leak some info...

from our friend blende8
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #1443

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
7. New battery
8. New battery-grip
While I don't mind a new grip to fit the new body, yet another battery if confirmed pisses me off a bit.
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #1444
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Maybe, if you looked like that...........
Isn't that part of the package?

Last edited by falconeye; 04-29-2009 at 08:53 AM.
04-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #1445
Veteran Member

from our friend blende8
WOW! Now every C & N user will be so jealous..

On another note I don't think anyone on here (except ned, mark & ben) has the LATEST PRODUCTION official specs yet do they? honestly? but I hear the promotional materials and first batch of K-7s are on there way to dealers now?

Most of us have seen the photos but they don't tell the OFFICIAL specs apart from af-assist, video, mic input, new battery, WR lens and it's small.
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #1446
Inactive Account

Isn't that part of the package?
I sure hope not. They'd have to pay ME for the package if it included making me look like that--all you sleazeballs hitting on me. Do. Not. Want.
04-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #1447
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Most of us have seen the photos but they don't tell the OFFICIAL specs apart from af-assist, video, mic input, new battery, WR lens and it's small.
Apart from? None of that is official either.

04-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #1448
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, sorry then.

But didn't that rig OT start with the fluid head remark, ie., tripod use?

So, it isn't a very compact package anyway.

And I am no expert, unlike you. But isn't this Zacuto rig particularly lightweight and compact? Esp. considering that quality should be close to 35mm film?
That's a good point. If a person was going to use a tripod with a fluid head in order to accomodate the HD video capabilities of a DSLR, then how much different would it be to use that Zacuto rig? To answer your question, yes, that rig seems to be pretty compact for a video rig, even though it might seem a bit big if a person were only going to be shooting still pics. You know, I hadn't payed much attention to the video capabilities in these new cameras because I assumed they wouldn't hold enough video to be worth bothering with for my purposes. But the show I work on often does the "CBS Sunday Morning" thing where we run our credits over a nat sound piece. I could very easiy see myself shooting a few minutes of video for use on our show while I was out shooting still pics of landscapes or something for my personal use. Hmmm.....
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #1449
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
The K200D is a K100D body with weather sealing
really? I'm looking at my k100 and looking at the pics of the k200 online and they don't look the same. Panel gaps in different places, different contours, different button locations...
04-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #1450
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Apart from? None of that is official either.
You can tell that from the official press photos

What I mean is you can't tell what's under the hood from looking at the photos i.e sensor fps etc

Like you can tell that someone likes Moby if they wore a Moby t-shirt but you couldn't tell they played bass for him unless you got talking

Unless pentax has sent out 7 fake press photos... which doesn't seem likely
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #1451
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
You forgot all those wanting their old m lenses to auto meter
Why would we not? The Green Button has made yet another appearance. I bet it adding in coupling wouldn't add in much to the price...they have the tech from...30-some years ago?

Plus, let's be honest for a second. I'm a manual lens user and bought the K10 for this reason. SR...focus confirm...manual lens stop-down...Green Button...awesome. Without any sealed lenses, I have no need for a sealed body. Without an aperture stop-down lever or Green Button, I don't have a need to stay with Pentax. After old lenses stop working, SR would be the only feature worth having. And Pentax can only use 2 kinds of lenses even with adapters...Canon has...lots.

So...the summary is: IF Pentax wants to alienate its legacy users (I'm sure I'm not alone), then so be it. A 40D is within reach and 5Ds are coming way down in price. And FYI...if I could afford it, I would buy a DA 16-50 TODAY. First extra ~$600 I get are going into this lens
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
front wheel looks tilted upwards quite a bit
Awesome...will be so much easier to use...
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #1452
Veteran Member

Stand back, sonny! This thing has a hell of a kick!

(yeah, that was in reference to that frame, there. )

Actually, Ryan, a sealed body is of great use even without a sealed lens. It means you dont' have to treat the camera like an open circuit board, and protect your lens like you always would.

That means a whole lot less area to protect in a bit of rain. It'd certainly be a nice feature to have if I ever get hold of the new 55, but I don't think it'd change my habits much.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-29-2009 at 10:18 AM.
04-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #1453
Veteran Member

If the Limiteds are getting seals, this means optics and mechanics must shrink. New thinner materials for the outer casing and new optics to make a smaller and more compact lens. All this cost quite much money, and I have my doubts about Pentax preparing to invest in luxury extra thin materials and extra small optics with top performance just to get seals to the Limiteds, and I have my doubts about the user preparing to spend the extra money needed for this luxury research and development.
Good points about the bodies, but I'm unconvinced that this principle applies to lenses, broadly-speaking. Focusing rings probably have plenty of space where you could put in a groove and an O-ring without changing much. I think the real issue would be keeping the damping right and making something that would *keep* being sealed after a lot of use. I doubt it's any kind of *priority* for the Limited series, but I don't see why it wouldn't be technically feasible.
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #1454
and
Veteran Member

I guess if there will be a new WR version of the kit lens then you can compare that to the old version to see how much bulk the WR added
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #1455
Veteran Member

5 fps is real, but not with highest resolution, still more resolution than the limited 20 fps burst mode in the K20D. Should work for most things.
ah, the first (realistic) disappointment with the K-7.

FPS is one of the two specs that keeps Pentax a niche alternative that doesn't compete with Canon and Nikon in what the mainstream consider the 'pro' space. the other being the sensor size (FF).

yes, the conventional photographic 'wisdom' is that Pentax's AF system is also not pro-level but on the all-telling back of the box, 11 crosstype AF point sensors sounds good doesn't it? regrettably that's what sells most cameras: specs. (MP anyone?)

at least Pentax increased a number on their spec sheet with regards to the metering. "77 zone" will look good on the back of the box. i hope it really does translate into an improvement