Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #31
Veteran Member

FWIW, it's the same user who had the 55* and 15mm Limited months before anyone else and posted some comparison pics on the net.

04-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I found two photos in this thread to have a poor image quality. I tried to improve somewhat. Here's my result...

The "Mr. Blurry Cameraphone" (right photo) shows a superposition of two cameras with lens attached, having a dial with green mark on the right side and an LCD screen on the left side. The prism looks larger (higher) than normal.

The left photo shows a DA35Ltd, as can be seen by the "1/x", "ft", "m" marking and the "smc PENTAX-DA" marking at the front.

Last edited by falconeye; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.
04-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I found two photos in this thread to have a poor image quality. I tried to improve somewhat. Here's my result...

The "Mr. Blurry Cameraphone" (right photo) shows a superposition of two cameras with lens attached, having a dial with green mark on the right side and an LCD screen on the left side. The prism looks larger (higher) than normal.

The left photo shows a DA35Ltd, as can be seen by the "1/x", "ft", "m" marking and the "smc PENTAX-DA" marking at the front.

Due to the tall prism, the camera(s) is either FF or it has something built-in into the finder; live view in the finder perhaps?

Two cameras; one with something green on the right side; the other (in front) with something red. Two versions of the same body?

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 04-13-2009 at 04:32 PM.
04-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #34
Inactive Account

This thread is so lame. It's obviously the K20 + DA35 taken with a lens with focals between 14 and 24mm. A crop, in fact. That's why the distorsion renders differently the edge of the picture where the front of the camera is located.

Forget the conspiracy theory and do THINK, boys!

04-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
This thread is so lame. It's obviously the K20 + DA35 taken with a lens with focals between 14 and 24mm. A crop, in fact. That's why the distorsion renders differently the edge of the picture where the front of the camera is located.

Forget the conspiracy theory and do THINK, boys!

It is not a K20D. The K20D is not that tall. The K20D has also a larger "beak"; ie overhang. The reason for the overhang is to get the flash high enough. As the new camera has a taller prism, a large overhang is not needed. This improves the looks to no end.
In addition, this camera has an arc mimicing the arc of the lens mount engraved in the plastic between the mont and the Pentax lettering. The built- in flash has a different implementation in the prism than on the K20D....
Attached Images

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 04-13-2009 at 04:46 PM.
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #36

I figured with photography enthusiasts we would at least be able to get decent spy shots since, after all, this IS photography.
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
It's obviously the K20 + DA35 taken with a lens with focals between 14 and 24mm. A crop, in fact. That's why the distorsion renders differently the edge of the picture where the front of the camera is located.
DA35 yes, K20D no. No way.

And it has a front e-dial, so no K200D, no K-m etc. pp.

It isn't a question about distortion, it is a question about invariant feature extraction (which is the technical term for object recognition technology -- comment made in reaction to "think" ...).

04-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Two cameras; one with something green on the right side; the other (in front) with something red. Two versions of the same body?
The red color is an artifact of image reconstruction, I guess. Now, I can identify a can in the background. Other than this...
04-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

Looking at the original and the length and direction of the blur of the "PENTAX" logo, I don't think that's the case. I think it's just really severe motion blur distorting a single rather typical DSLR shape into something truly odd looking.

Of course, we'll see in due time.

Either way, it sounds like an even larger, brighter viewfinder may be on the way. Maybe something like Oly pulled with the E-3 to make the 4/3 finder APS-C sized, but making the APS-C sized pentax finder close to FF size?
04-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #40
Veteran Member

New Body and New Lens Line!!(?)

QuoteOriginally posted by Mystic Quote
maybe it's some older model?
can every one, who owns any older model state that this is't the model that they have?
Nope. It's not an older model. Pentax DSLRs prior to the K20 had a different Pentax logo which is shorter and look less smart. Hoya opted to choose a smarter Pentax logo (which is taller in "aspect ratio") for the newer DSLRs after they took over Pentax. In fact, only K20, K200 and K-m have this "new" logo.

This looks like a new DSLR model to me. And, it maybe a new lens or even a new lens lineup! The blur word doesn't look like "SMC Pentax-DA" but something else, does it?
04-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Nope. It's not an older model. Pentax DSLRs prior to the K20 had a different Pentax logo which is shorter and look less smart. Hoya opted to choose a smarter Pentax logo (which is taller in "aspect ratio") for the newer DSLRs after they took over Pentax. In fact, only K20, K200 and K-m have this "new" logo.
Yes, new model. Moreover I don't remember any previous Pentax SLR with such a flash. The closer thing is Z1/Z1p. This looks more like how Canon designed integrated flashes 10-15 years ago.

Defenitely a new model. I have doubt about any change of sensor format or prism however.

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
This looks like a new DSLR model to me. And, it maybe a new lens or even a new lens lineup! The blur word doesn't look like "SMC Pentax-DA" but something else, does it?
It looks hell like DA35 macro but... the place where '1/x' 'ft 'm' is written in white on the K20D body shot for comparison.
04-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #42
Forum Member

Whatever it is I want it!!! LoL
04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Its pretty obvious to me

that someone (the op) very much in the know hopes to create some buzz on forums with this shot, and it seems planned to me .

Either way, good to actually see an image of another Pentax camera in the works imo.

Not much there but enough to get juices flowing.

C
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks to my untrained eye as if much of the top of the camera is different. It's not merely that the screw is in a different place. The fold of the plastic about the flash pop-up button is at an entirely different angle than the K20D. That's not motion blur, either. That's a different camera.
04-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #45
Veteran Member

That is a new camera. There is no way that is a distorted K20D photo.

To me the pentaprism bump has lines that remind me of the shape of the standard LX viewfinder. Logo face is six sided, with hard break lines flowing back from the mid-logo corners. Face above the logo is planar. I expect additional photos will show a transvers break line at the top of the face over the logo face.

I think we are looking at a digital LX.