Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #106
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, thanks for making an account to express that concern. We feel for you. How do you sleep at night knowing the first three are out there? Why, someone's marketing a few cameras that *look* different!

Horrors! That must mean everything sucks!
what would they say if pentax put out is most 'professional' digital SLR to date and only offered it in colours other than black! it cant be 'pro' its olive green!

04-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #107

@ sezme: hahahahaha

edit: ahem. I didn't mean to laugh like that. It just jumped out. Excuse me.

Last edited by unkabin; 04-15-2009 at 09:57 AM.
04-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sezme Quote
You know, responses like yours are why they really should ban humour on the Internet. Hint: take the pickle out once in awhile.
I'm going to assume that my instinct, if you'd said that in person, which might be to slap you on presumption that's not a polite thing to say to a lady would simply be a result of misunderstanding some kind of reference to Canadian delis, and point out that you can hardly take umbrage at me goofing on you and then claim I didn't get your 'joke.'

Since you're ostensibly-new here, I'll point out that some do troll with stuff like that, here.
04-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
what would they say if pentax put out is most 'professional' digital SLR to date and only offered it in colours other than black! it cant be 'pro' its olive green!
Well, I really do hope they don't get the idea of trying *that,* ...one thing to throw a few different skins at the collectors, but they shouldn't make it mandatory, cause, of course, the 'real pros' will tease me till I cry if I show up somewhere with a silver 85.

04-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #110
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Nope. It's not an older model. Pentax DSLRs prior to the K20 had a different Pentax logo which is shorter and look less smart. Hoya opted to choose a smarter Pentax logo (which is taller in "aspect ratio") for the newer DSLRs after they took over Pentax. In fact, only K20, K200 and K-m have this "new" logo.

This looks like a new DSLR model to me. And, it maybe a new lens or even a new lens lineup! The blur word doesn't look like "SMC Pentax-DA" but something else, does it?
RH, get your facts straight. The K20D and K200d were already designed when Hoya acquired Pentax.
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
what does it have to do? it's the closest thing you'll get
how good is the LX waist finder? looks rather uncomfortable
It is actually very nice. You can shoot candids from the waist while still having normal eye contact with the people you shoot. If you want to look at details, there is a fold-able enlargement lupe built in. I love mine!
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
It is actually very nice. You can shoot candids from the waist while still having normal eye contact with the people you shoot. If you want to look at details, there is a fold-able enlargement lupe built in. I love mine!
Interesting. I never thought much of WLF on a 35mm, never mind crop. Just too small an image, unless you're putting an eye to a magnifier.

04-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Of course not. The only acceptable name for it is xC.

Rui
I said it a few days ago:

XC for eXCellent, XC = 90 (X = -10 and C = 100) for Pentax 90-years anniversary

(https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/507687-post57.html)

I said it in December 2008:

Except that it wont be called LXD but simply XC...

(https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/424481-post142.html)

I said it in June 2008:

...Pentax XC has about the same sound to it as LX and is short and sticks out enough from the current production names...

(https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/263188-post65.html)

I said it in May 2008:

...Admit it, doesn't "Pentax XC" has about the same nice sound to it as "Pentax LX"?...

(https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/250839-post27.html)

It's harder to start a rumor than I thought!

Thanks Ruic for finally joining me!

What about the rest of you?
If you know a bit of Pentax history you know how they have always lowed anniversaries, and to connect certain models or special versions to anniversary years or anniversary number of sold cameras or lenses or so.

Pentax LX was never even followed up with a Pentax LX-Super or LX-A (pro version that should have come in 1984 right after the Super-A that introduced the A contacts, exposure time priority, program mode etc and that won the three big camera prices, like K10D 25 years later...imagine a LX with A contacts and functions + spot metering but they never made one).

So why should they bother naming a new high end model LX-D for digital?

The info that has come from Pentax/Hoya is about a more compact model that is not in the K serie, different concept, that would suite those who apprechiate the special Pentax style or feeling.

Now, LX sticked out as much (or more), not a part of the M-body serie of the 70/80's, challenging pro models like the Nikon F3, but more compact, with a more supreme feeling. (I've used both a lot)

LX is roman for 60, to celebrate the 60 years anniversary of Pentax (though it was relecead a year to late in 1980...typical Pentax).

Now it is 90 years anniversary...90 in roman numbers is XC. XC is short for eXCellent...

I think Pentax has had this model name in mind for some time. I hope it will be a great camera.

You may say I'm a dreamer. But (now) I'm not the only one! (Thanks Ruic!)
04-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #114
Banned

I said it in June 2008:

...Pentax XC has about the same sound to it as LX and is short and sticks out enough from the current production names...

I said it in May 2008:

...Admit it, doesn't "Pentax XC" has about the same nice sound to it as "Pentax LX"?...

If you know a bit of Pentax history you know how they have always lowed anniversaries, and to connect certain models or special versions to anniversary years or anniversary number of sold cameras or lenses or so.

Pentax LX was never even followed up with a Pentax LX-Super or LX-A (pro version that should have come in 1984 right after the Super-A that introduced the A contacts, exposure time priority, program mode etc and that won the three big camera prices, like K10D 25 years later...imagine a LX with A contacts and functions + spot metering but they never made one).

The info that has come from Pentax/Hoya is about a more compact model that is not in the K serie, different concept, that would suite those who apprechiate the special Pentax style or feeling.

Now, LX sticked out as much (or more), not a part of the M-body serie of the 70/80's, challenging pro models like the Nikon F3, but more compact, with a more supreme feeling. (I've used both a lot)

LX is roman for 60, to celebrate the 60 years anniversary of Pentax (though it was relecead a year to late in 1980...typical Pentax).

Now it is 90 years anniversary...90 in roman numbers is XC. XC is short for eXCellent...

I think Pentax has had this model name in mind for some time. I hope it will be a great camera.

I dont care what they call it, as long as they give it interchangeable finders.
04-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I dont care what they call it, as long as they give it interchangeable finders.

Haven't you noticed that no one make cameras with interchangeable finders anylonger? Fat chance that Pentax will change the trend....

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 04-15-2009 at 04:04 PM.
04-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I said it in June 2008:

I said it in May 2008:

May I add that it will be a major breakthrough?!

Don't underestimate Hoya Corp.

Rui
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #117
Veteran Member

i want it already.. been itching to upgrade my k10d.
04-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
May I add that it will be a major breakthrough?!

Don't underestimate Hoya Corp.

Rui
Let me guess, a "very beautiful, yet potent bomb" is, again, about to take the market by surprise?

Where is Benjikan when you need him??
04-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
let me guess,

where is benjikan when you need him?? :d:d
shoo...shoo...shooting!
04-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #120

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
I am surprised and delighten by the handsomer "fronthead". It's not Sony A900 but is still alot better looking than the ongoing Pentax models. I think limited lenses and manual lenses will look great on this body.
Am I reading this the wrong way or are you implying that the A900 is better looking than the K20D? Of course, taste is personal and differs. Not that the look of the camera itself is really important to me but I think K20D is the best looking camera on the market right now. And on the bottom of that list I think I would put the A900. Add the grip to the A900 and it gets even worse, whereas the K20D with grip gets even more good looking. IMHO of course.