Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I disagree. This camera have all the design clues of high-end Pentax bodies including the LX, MZ-1 and MZ-S. This include even the straps lugs!
Well if design is linked to high specs, free for you to beleive so but please don't come back moaning later if that camera isn't as good as you thought it would.

04-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well if design is linked to high specs, free for you to beleive so but please don't come back moaning later if that camera isn't as good as you thought it would.

I don't think design clues are related to specs but to product placement. I do not expect any revolutionary specs, but a well built no-nonsene camera with a great viewfinder in the typical Pentax fashion. I don't even expect a new AF system; just a tweaked one.

I also expect the 14,6mp sensor...
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #168

Photos: Gallery
I disagree. This camera have all the design clues of high-end Pentax bodies including the LX, MZ-1 and MZ-S. This include even the straps lugs!
If I already had all the lenses I want, I'd consider upgrading just for those lugs shown in the third picture. The only thing I don't like on my K10D.
04-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #169
Forum Member

Looks like in 3rd image isn't same dslr as in first img posted ...

04-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #170
Veteran Member

The fact that the mode dial does not have any of the scene modes, and that it has the same Sv, TAV modes mean that this cam would be at least K20D level and not any lower.
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kolouch Quote
Looks like in 3rd image isn't same dslr as in first img posted ...

They looks the same to me.

But in the third picture: where are the shutlines between the built in flash and the rest of the prism? And where are the shutlines between the built-in flash and the hot shoe? Is the picture too low quality??
04-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #172
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
The fact that the mode dial does not have any of the scene modes, and that it has the same Sv, TAV modes mean that this cam would be at least K20D level and not any lower.
Mmm good observation, didn't think about that.

04-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #173
Forum Member

I guess it isn't same. 3rd pic is more cubic, first is more rounded. Third pic is low quality but there are no same shutlines ...
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Slowpoke Rodriguez Quote
This camera looks bizarre to me. The prizm seems to extend pretty far, and is that the hotshoe over on the far right? .

It seems to extend very far but this is possibly an illusion based on the fact that the non-mirrorbox areas af the camera are very thin. It has a slimmer body than the K20D...
04-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #175
Veteran Member

I'm sure there is, look at the first picture posted, you can clearly see the flash.
no u can't clearly see anything. You can just assume it is a flash. All you can see is how body pieces are laid out and where they meet, where the gaps are...

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
shows the control dial with one more position than the K20D between *green* mode and *user*. Most likely it's the movie mode.

Radu
this picture makes the camera look very odd, uncomfortable, ugly-ish.
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kolouch Quote
I guess it isn't same. 3rd pic is more cubic, first is more rounded. Third pic is low quality but there are no same shutlines ...

The shutlines are probably there. It is just that the shutline is at the same level as the cameras shoulder; like the finders of the LX. This is a very odd design for a built in flash and makes it hard to understand where the flash is supposed to be hinged.
04-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #177
Veteran Member

Interesting. The camera indeed show some "retro" features the left shoulder is straight; not sloping away from the prism. The prism itself has more similarities with older film designs. Indeed, it seemt the camera have some similarities with the professional camera prototype below:

MZ-1 ... that's hawtness, i'd trade an MZ-S for that
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #178
Inactive Account

It seems no one has noticed the blue buttons right below the meterig mode switch. Are those the play and delete buttons? If so, why are there? Bigger screen? Folding screen?

04-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
and did anybody translate the Japanese on this page?
It is Chinese, actually.
JP (the blog author) did not write or elaborate much on those photos.

In picture one, he wrote the caption: "Pentax Spy shot, photo from the internet, will continue tomorrow". In the comment, he wrote "Note, I wrote 'photo from the internet'.".

In picture two, caption said "picture from the internet". In the comments, he wrote "Everybody is mistaken about picture 1, actually there is a mouse at the back."

In picture three caption, he wrote "the mode dial looks like Sony Alpha, you have to the press the middle button before you can turn the mode dial."
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #180
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What is he/she doing? ...

I'm just wondering what the original Blogger is doing right now.
He/she must be smiling or laughing while sitting back in his/her chair reading all of these guessing comments.
...but this what makes life interesting, doesn't it?