Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #286
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Really? That lens has a green band/line - indicating it's a DA series lens.

Looks like our mysterious blogger also has some Nikon gear, if that picture is anything to go by.
I dunno about the lens but the camera is K10/K20 for sure (see the flash/prism).

04-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #287

Photos: Gallery
The word from a Dutch Pentax user with an inside contact is that an announcement is due to be made on 24th....
So we won't have to wait too long to find out then. I've got that Friday feeling!
04-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #288
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mark D Quote
The word from a Dutch Pentax user with an inside contact is that an announcement is due to be made on 24th....
So we won't have to wait too long to find out then. I've got that Friday feeling!
Not sure it is 24th of May? That's what I've heard.....
04-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #289
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark D Quote

words...words...words..

04-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #290

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
New pic on the blog, whats the guy holding in the background?
Looks like a K10D/K20D?
wow, i would've had a much better time analyzing that picture if it had been cropped to just the unfocused guy in the background :P
04-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #291
Veteran Member

This is a K10/K20D in the latest pic

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
New pic on the blog, whats the guy holding in the background?
Looks like a K10D/K20D?

IMHO its not at all the new camera found in other pics on that guy's blog. Just look at the strap lug position. In this shot the camera has its strap lug at its side..whereas the supposed spy shots have it in the front...pretty different... the camera in the latest shot looks like a K10/K20D.... personally I love this speculation
04-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #292

I'm quite sure that we're getting a new body soon! The fact that the original poster has since deleted the posts/pictures tells me that he probably is about to get fired if indeed he works for pentax china.
This whole thing just tickles my balls and I am actually holding off to buy a k20d now because of this. A few posts up talks about how leaks may hurt sales. This, i promise, is true.

pauldangcil.com

04-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #293
Forum Member

Mock-ups!

Partly to satisfy my own curiosity, and partly to satisfy Ratmagiclady that I'm not a troll , I made some mock-ups in Sketchup based on the fuzzy pictures we've seen so far. I was rather surprised when done how much it looks like the LX body type... Note: I'm obviously no expert at 3D modelling, so there are flaws. The actual camera will undoubtedly look 1000% slicker. I think the main thing to see here is the classic pentaprism housing. Can't tell you how happy I am to see that!

So here's what I predict based on what I've seen and read so far:
-Smaller body type than K10/20D with retro styling - I think this will be a big advantage for Pentax in distinguishing them within the marketplace.
-Pop-up flash - Plenty of room for that.
-Better Live View than K20D and movie mode.

Other guesses:
-faster frame rate 5-7 fps
-better, faster shutter/mirror-box construction - more pro-feeling shutter like on D700, etc.
1/8000 sec top shutter speed.
12-14 MP CMOS sensor with 1 stop better light gathering compared to K20D
Attached Images

04-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #294
Inactive Account

Really? That lens has a green band/line - indicating it's a DA series lens.

Looks like our mysterious blogger also has some Nikon gear, if that picture is anything to go by.
You're mistaken, the 31mm ltd. is a FA and therefore has no green band. And beleive me I can recognize a 31mm ltd from Pentax when I see one.

04-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #295
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
IMHO its not at all the new camera found in other pics on that guy's blog.
I never said it was

I just posted the new picture on his blog, made no speculation about it being a new model .. infact I was asking if it was a K10D/K20D.
It seems strange to me that someone has been putting up these fuzzy pictures of a supposedly new Pentax would then put up a picture like that showing a fuzzy shot of a current model and I wonder if everyone is being taken for a ride.

The speculation is very amusing though, it reminds me of a few months ago when everyone was massivly let down .. after that I decided not to bother the next time, what will be will be.

Anyway, I still have the K20D to upgrade to yet.
04-19-2009, 02:08 AM   #296
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
You're mistaken, the 31mm ltd. is a FA and therefore has no green band. And beleive me I can recognize a 31mm ltd from Pentax when I see one.
What he meant was that the green line is clearly visible in the picture with the girl. That is a DA lens on the camera.

...not that any of this matters since it's obviously a K10/K20 and not the same camera as in the blurry pictures

EDIT: My money is on that lens being the new DA15 actually: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Imqe7pprpvs/SazviTd9rnI/AAAAAAAACJ0/cabFNsN4KBo/s1...hood%2Bext.jpg -- the hood shape and general size matches well.

Last edited by Erik; 04-19-2009 at 02:55 AM.
04-19-2009, 03:46 AM   #297
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
What he meant was that the green line is clearly visible in the picture with the girl. That is a DA lens on the camera.

...not that any of this matters since it's obviously a K10/K20 and not the same camera as in the blurry pictures
Bingo. I'm not too sure what lens you were referring to fejker - the one above with the lady and the other dude with the K10/K20 definitely looks to be a DA series lens.

QuoteQuote:
EDIT: My money is on that lens being the new DA15 actually: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Imqe7pprpvs/SazviTd9rnI/AAAAAAAACJ0/cabFNsN4KBo/s1...hood%2Bext.jpg -- the hood shape and general size matches well.
Ditto.
04-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #298
Veteran Member

Why the comment about Nikon gear? Was the photo of the dude and the lady taken with a Nikon? I have issues with reading EXIF data... as in I can't...

Does the EXIF point to a Nikon?
04-19-2009, 05:48 AM   #299
emr

Don't know about EXIF but it's right there on the photo, small white text near the top: Nikon D3.
04-19-2009, 06:17 AM   #300
Inactive Account

Bingo. I'm not too sure what lens you were referring to fejker - the one above with the lady and the other dude with the K10/K20 definitely looks to be a DA series lens.

Ditto.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It most certainly is a DA lens in the pic and yes, most probably the new 15mm ltd.

The main point is that that is an old camera in the pic ... probably the K10D.

PS: The EXIF of that pic is blank. The gear is written in the corner of the pic.