Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #391
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jaleel Quote
Maybe the name of second is PERSPECTIVE?
QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Pretty sure that the one in between K20D and KM is the K200D. I'm looking at mine right now and they look identical. Sorry.
-Jim
QuoteOriginally posted by jawn doe Quote
i feel like k3d would not have scene modes, as it appears the camera between the k20 and km does
QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
The K200? yeah, it has scene modes
That was stupid from my part. I apologize. As I considered the K200 already gone I didn't expect to find it on that line-up. Maybe I should change my Essilors to Hoya
Anyhow I'm relieved because a FF would cost an arm and a leg and I need them.

Rui

04-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #392
Pentaxian

Perhaps someone can superimpose a photo of a k10/20 taken in the same angle as the k30 and use the flash-shoe or the display as a size reference? (I don’t have the time myself at the moment)
04-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #393
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Perhaps someone can superimpose a photo of a k10/20 taken in the same angle as the k30 and use the flash-shoe or the display as a size reference? (I don’t have the time myself at the moment)
yes please, better yet, use the 35mm DA Limited
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #394
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by XATN3q Quote
no they are K20D, K200D and K2000 respectively
Hope this camera will use AA batts
If it is retro enough, it will use LR44

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No green button upside. What is the button at the right side?
The first (left) is +-Av IMO
I believe you are right about the +-Av. The other one...

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
I agree that the first one is +/- AV. The second looks a bit like two overlapping squares... but drive mode is three overlapping squares.
It could be picturing two SD cards on top of each other, that is, a fast shift between SD card 1 and SD card 2.

04-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #395

and why would one want a fast shift between SD card 1 and SD card 2 ?
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #396
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
That was stupid from my part. I apologize. As I considered the K200 already gone I didn't expect to find it on that line-up. Maybe I should change my Essilors to Hoya
Anyhow I'm relieved because a FF would cost an arm and a leg and I need them.

Rui
Not Hoya, CZ Vision

Maybe the 2nd button is Iso button like 645D?

http://www.chassimages.com/forum/index.php/topic,45087.60.html
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #397
Forum Member

I'm pretty excited about the strap lugs, means I can use straps with quick releases on them again

04-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #398
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
and why would one want a fast shift between SD card 1 and SD card 2 ?
Uh, so you can toggle between SD cards while one is being written to...? I'd kill to have dual card slots. There's nothing like that in the Pentax lineup right now.
04-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #399
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pentax doesn't make professional models.

If you want - buy Canon 5D Mk II or D3X and be happy!

If you think that pro camera is big camera, I can only smile...
Have a look at film cameras of Pentax
Z-1p / PZ-1p
Z-1 / PZ-1
MZ-S
Thanks ogl, you said it more polite than I was about to do.
I used to drag around the Nikon F3 with motor during my military service and that was a pro camera and a big camera (as heavy, at least to my memory, as the Hassy). An impressive camera, but not the most beatifull or most ergonomic. Now compare that to Pentax answer to the F3...the LX...so much smaller and more ergonomic, yet I haven't heard much people with big hands complain that it was too small.I would much more like to see Pentax do a Pro camera their own way again, than to see them try to copy the style of another brand.

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
What is that?? The black round thingy

If it is retro, it is the film forward arm so that old dogs like me don't have to miss a shot while looking to forward the film on a DSLR when I switch between bodies (yeah, I look for the back LCD on my old film cameras as well, both misstakes are very annoying)

In any case, a good observation. It looks like something left-eye shooters could bump their nose into (just hapy I shoot with my right eye)...
04-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #400
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
The second letter of the right button could be a "Z".
Yes, or "2", "]" or "?".

The left button is the "+/-" button. So, why shouldn't the right button end in "?" ? As it would copy the K-m button layout...

Last edited by falconeye; 04-19-2009 at 03:19 PM.
04-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #401

Km is targeted toward first time DSLR users. So i wouldn't expect the K30D to have the same "?" button
04-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #402
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mabelsound Quote
Or perhaps the green button is now obsolete, as the mount is no longer crippled.
The green button was not originally meant to facilitate usage of M lenses on crippled K-mount cameras. The MZ-S, for instance, has a green button and the full-featured KAF2 mount. Using it to set "P" exposure in hyper manual/program shift modes is a useful feature with any lens.

...but please, do uncripple the mount...
04-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Yes, or "2", or "?".

The left button is the "+/-" button. So, why shouldn't the right button end in "?" ?As it would copy the K-m button layout...
The ? button is strictly for the entry-level which this camera certainly is not (two dials, big viewfinder, black shutter button etc.)

the poster above has solved the puzzle for me, it's an ISO button copying exactly the 645D layout.
04-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #404
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Uh, so you can toggle between SD cards while one is being written to...? I'd kill to have dual card slots. There's nothing like that in the Pentax lineup right now.

I didn't think of that use, but I could imagine having a hugh card in one slot and a smaller faster card in the other slot. But most of all I was trying to figure out what two square like shapes partly super imposed could be.

I think the other suggestion somewhere up the thread that it could represent HDR is also logical. That's a feature I've sometimes wanted a fast key for.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Not Hoya, CZ Vision

Maybe the 2nd button is Iso button like 645D?
Does not look like iso to me. I agree with ogl and others who think it is two square/rectangle like shapes where one is partly overlaping the other.
04-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #405
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
Km is targeted toward first time DSLR users. So i wouldn't expect the K30D to have the same "?" button
Yes. But there is another symbol in front. So maybe, it is predefined with the "?" function which all new Pentax may have. And is customizable to anything else afterwards.

But I agree. And it rather looks like "]", "2" or "Z"...