Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #421
Inactive Account

Time to put aside some of my tax return and sell my CLA'd LX? Looks pretty promising, and I've been digital free since September 2008.

Of course, I'm a sucker for boxy, hard lines. 80's sports cars, this new prism.....

04-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #422
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enc0der Quote
I don't get it.
It will take me more time to move my finger the click that button, than actually wait for the image to be written....
Try waiting after you've taken 5-7 shots in a row. Then have fun waiting while the buffer clears and writes to the card. And then wait some more if you actually want to review those 5-7 images immediately thereafter. If you could toggle a second SD card while the initial burst is still processing/writing to the media, you could continue to shoot instead of waiting.

I'm not trying to be snippy, but I think dual cards that can be toggled would be more beneficial for people who take shots in rapid succession.
04-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #423
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kulich Quote
New Pentax body! I just found this picture in photo section of blog from where is other pictures...
While we're all excited to see these leaks, it leaves me a bit baffled here. Either this is part of the hype machine of Pentax's marketing department before the supposed announcement in May(?), or someone at Pentax doesn't know what discipline is. As I have stated here a few days back when the blurry images came out, the owner of this blog is someone who I believe is a Pentax employee works at Pentax Shanghai. If an employee can do things like this perhaps he has got some nods from the high up, or of course he could be just trying to show off.

I wonder what this would make people who have seen the new body and signed an NDA will feel about confidentiality promises, not to mention those who have seen the new body and have signed nothing.

Peter
04-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #424
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Acliffalay Quote
I get the feeling that the camera will be a little smaller. The weird semicircle is probably the rear control wheel, which suggests a higher level than K200 or K2000
the grips certainly will be. yeah we already guessed its K20 level with the dual dials, black shutter button and hefty viewfinder. whats exciting is that this should still be the smallest camera of this tier among the other brands.

04-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #425

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Try waiting after you've taken 5-7 shots in a row. Then have fun waiting while the buffer clears and writes to the card. And then wait some more if you actually want to review those 5-7 images immediately thereafter. If you could toggle a second SD card while the initial burst is still processing/writing to the media, you could continue to shoot instead of waiting, waiting, and, oh yeah, more waiting.
yeah, but if a camera will have 2 SD slots, I would expect it to use this for a feature that automatically writes to the avaliable card (which could be setup as a "temp folder" only, so at the end I will still have all my images in one card), not as an annoying button that wastes my time, confuse me, and split all my images across two different cards..
04-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #426
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CSoars Quote
sell my CLA'd LX?
Dibs.

10c
04-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #427
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
The green button was not originally meant to facilitate usage of M lenses on crippled K-mount cameras. The MZ-S, for instance, has a green button and the full-featured KAF2 mount. Using it to set "P" exposure in hyper manual/program shift modes is a useful feature with any lens.
If we take a look at the official 645 Digital prototype images of the back:

http://www.photographyblog.com/images/uploads_news/pentax_645_digital_2.jpg

The green button is on the back next to the AF button not on the top. As the leaked image of the new APS-C DSLR shows a similar two-button design on top (EV Compensation and ISO) compared with the 645D, I think it's quite possible that the green button is also on the back to keep the same design concept.

Peter

04-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #428
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Not Hoya, CZ Vision

Maybe the 2nd button is Iso button like 645D?

http://www.chassimages.com/forum/index.php/topic,45087.60.html
It's not ISO. It looks like this, but 2 rectangles side by side, not 3.

Or like 2 rings. Or 2 squares.

Unknown sign. Maybe aspect ration.
04-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #429
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Well I can see two new bodies here. One left of the K20D, the new xC ??? and the other between the K20D and K-M at right. This second body looks pretty much like the new K3D. The prism and mirror box is way larger that any of the others.

Rui
Is it a joke?
It's my K200D.
Very rare and unknown camera from Pentax.
04-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #430

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The "I" in ISO is out of view because of the angle of the picture (the button is rounded and the "I" is facing the other way). So the blurry "SO" starts to look more like 2 boxes, but you can still just make out the indentation of the bottom of the S.
04-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #431
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Or like 2 rings. Or 2 squares.
Unknown sign. Maybe aspect ration.
I'd still bet it's ISO. EV Compensation and ISO buttons, in exactly the same array as the 645 Digital prototype. That makes a lot of sense. I bet the green button is on the back like the 645 Digital as well.

Peter
04-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #432
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
The "I" in ISO is out of view because of the angle of the picture (the button is rounded and the "I" is facing the other way). So the blurry "SO" starts to look more like 2 boxes, but you can still just make out the indentation of the bottom of the S.
That's what I was thinking. I think reading too much into these low quality images isn't worth too much time anyways . But, it is something to do!
04-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #433

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
That's what I was thinking. I think reading too much into these low quality images isn't worth too much time anyways . But, it is something to do!
Agreed. I have to get my mind off of term papers every so often
04-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #434
Veteran Member

yep. that's a shame..
A professional DSLR (assuming this is the pro-model) should look like a professional DSLR, not like a toy...

too bad
I'm glad I look only at a camera's performance, not at how it could impress people who look at me while shooting. I don't feel the need to stand out in the crowd or get them to notice me.

Get a medium-format camera, D3/3x, or 1D-series camera if you wanna look professional.

You can make fun and decry as much as you want, but there are some situations where a "show-off" is necessary - and can actually make you money (e.g. making good impression on a potential customer).
Uh, isn't it that customers pick photographers because of their portfolios and not the cameras they use? The paid photographers I had a chance to talk to use a wide variety of equipment and one of them is even stubborn enough to keep using a film Leica, hardly an impressive camera to look at for people who don't have an interest in photography. Yet he can command large amounts of money and get big projects because his portfolio is impressive.

Customers are impressed with photos.

Last edited by vinzer; 04-19-2009 at 07:52 PM.
04-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #435
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Fang Quote
If we take a look at the official 645 Digital prototype images of the back:

http://www.photographyblog.com/images/uploads_news/pentax_645_digital_2.jpg

The green button is on the back next to the AF button not on the top. As the leaked image of the new APS-C DSLR shows a similar two-button design on top (EV Compensation and ISO) compared with the 645D, I think it's quite possible that the green button is also on the back to keep the same design concept.

Peter
I think you're absolutely right. If you look at the history of 645D prototypes (use Google Images) you'll see that at around 2006, there was a green button to the left of the shutter button exactly as on the K10D. It's only the 2009 prototype that has exposure compensation and ISO buttons on top. Obviously with those two on the top, the green button needs to be at the back. I expect the K30D (or whatever it's called) will share the same button configuration where possible.

Still curious about the two bumps in back, though. Perhaps the big one is a larger joystick-like multiselector switch to make it easy to navigate among the 51 AF points...