Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2009, 01:37 AM   #586

About the rumors (only rumors from a "normaly reliable source") in DSRLMagazine...

New Pentax K** will probably be APS-C, although he elucubrates on how interesting could be an APS-H sized sensor...

The rest of the info is about thing that we are already discussing here, live view in the viewfinder, live histogram, no built-in flash...

Nothing new, in my opinion, just that rumors are propagating.

04-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #587

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
...dial to choose professional modes, with central lock.
Please let it be true
04-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #588
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
There will be no built-in flash (as shown in the picture shown in the previous entry of this blog) .
That would be a stupid mistake since it would spell the end of using the built-in flash as a commander for wireless flash: Pentax is too inteligent for that.

QuoteQuote:
Besides, it might incorporate one of the most interesting patents from Pentax, i.e., the possibility of showing simultaneously, on the optical viewfinder, information about other functions, such as live histogram or even... Live-View and video with the mirror lockup!!
No live histogram if the camera isn't in LV mode because the sensor needs to be exposed to the light to be able to display a live histogram.

So either Pentax has indeed found a way to combine optical and electronic VF or... this is just a nice compilation of all the BS running freely on the internet (what? No square FF sensor with APS-H crop mode?)
04-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #589
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pw-pix Quote
Please let it be true
May I ask why a central lock is so important (I am assuming you're not looking after the "professional mode" that automatically send you checks each end of the month... it's not likely to happen... )

04-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #590
Inactive Account

The lock seams useful to me. Unintentional mode change happened to me many times, so I'm glad Pentax is going to implement this.
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #591
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You're correct (as for taxes).
04-21-2009, 02:14 AM   #592
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
That would be a stupid mistake since it would spell the end of using the built-in flash as a commander for wireless flash: Pentax is too inteligent for that.
It would be a pity but for me it is an acceptable tradeoff if this OVF/EVF is true.

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
So either Pentax has indeed found a way to combine optical and electronic VF or... this is just a nice compilation of all the BS running freely on the internet (what? No square FF sensor with APS-H crop mode?)
Well that's exactly what a recent patent was all about.

04-21-2009, 02:35 AM   #593
Pentaxian

At least it is 100% sure that Pentax was working on a Limited body. Here's one of the photos from the famous Ivyjopy's blog. What do we see here? The text "Concept-4 design" and "Goes well with the DSLR Limited Lens"

04-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #594
Veteran Member

According to information published in Spanish site DSLRMagazine
@cateto, as much as I appreciate your post, the Spanish article is nothing but a speculative summary from the exact same source we already analyzed in this thread. Nothing new. And some bits are probably wrong, like the lack of flash deduced from an earlier photo where we probably know better now.

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
European prices do include VAT
I already did a correction and complete prize analysis in post #554:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/565382-post554.html

@square sensor discussion:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/491041-post60.html
(this post and the entire thread). I.e., nothing new to be discussed here.
04-21-2009, 02:44 AM   #595

the date on that photo shows its 2 months old.??
04-21-2009, 02:57 AM   #596
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenG Quote
the date on that photo shows its 2 months old.??
It is, but all those things in the picture together are probably a huge hint at the upcoming camera. The size of the K-m, retro design, modern features, "Limited" design, angular prism...

Good find on the new picture - any other ones floating around out there?
04-21-2009, 03:02 AM   #597

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
@cateto, as much as I appreciate your post, the Spanish article is nothing but a speculative summary from the exact same source we already analyzed in this thread. Nothing new. And some bits are probably wrong, like the lack of flash deduced from an earlier photo where we probably know better now.
I would not bet that article is purely speculative. For the record, people involved in that magazine are often working under NDA and start posting hints as far as information is becoming undisclosed in the net. I'm not saying it is the case here, but it MIGHT be the case.

For instance, the same magazine had extremely accurate information about some new releases from Canon, and it was posted (slightly disguised to avoid issues) with many weeks of advance over other major sites. Just saying.
04-21-2009, 03:06 AM   #598
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
At least it is 100% sure that Pentax was working on a Limited body. Here's one of the photos from the famous Ivyjopy's blog. What do we see here? The text "Concept-4 design" and "Goes well with the DSLR Limited Lens"

Well, look like Pentax just chop off the fix lens on the X70 and stick the limited lens on the new body , I guess this is the first step to adapt and testing the compatability of Da lens on something like the NX ???

this little guy should have movie ability and priced about 20% more than the k20D

Last edited by XATN3q; 04-21-2009 at 03:11 AM.
04-21-2009, 03:12 AM   #599
Veteran Member

I would not bet that article is purely speculative. For the record, people involved in that magazine are often working under NDA
@cateto, I am sure that this may be the case, theoretically.
Just not for this article. I've read it in Spanish and it becomes obvious that they know nothing more than us. Esp. their misleading speculation on flash is telling.
04-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #600

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
it becomes obvious that they know nothing more than us.
Believe what you will: contrary to some rices, I make no business out of making noise about Pentax.

I posted this because I honestly think there is valuable information in that article. Whether others agree or not, it's up to them.