Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #811

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I know one bad news about K7 and a lot of good.
Can anybody guess? Bad news.
Ogl, that's pretty obvious: There's no way the K10/K10 battery grip could fit the K7 ;-)

If that's all bad news, no problem ...

04-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #812
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
Ogl, that's pretty obvious: There's no way the K10/K10 battery grip could fit the K7 ;-)

Yes yes... proceed to the good news!
04-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #813
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
i still hope it'll be called K-x. successor to, well, KX.

okay, i can play with K7 name, too - successor to K2. you know, K2 + 2 generations of manual cameras + 2 generations of AF cameras + 1 generation of digital cameras = 7! K7!
Well, I think we have the first victim of reading a TOO LONG thread

Gosh, this thread is growing like...5 posts/minute.

Maybe Adam can tell us the statistic, whether this is coming from more people owning Pentax or more guests being active in this forum or both.
04-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #814
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Well, I think we have the first victim of reading a TOO LONG thread

Gosh, this thread is growing like...5 posts/minute.

Maybe Adam can tell us the statistic, whether this is coming from more people owning Pentax or more guests being active in this forum or both.
And the guy who started it still only has 4 posts! That's a little incongruous He's probably either afraid to say anything else or he's starting his own site

04-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #815
wll
Veteran Member

Well !!!! :-)

I did not buy the K20D in anticipation of this little baby, so far it looks small and pretty tight.

I'm sure image quality will be sensational and this camera with my new 50-135mm f2.8 that arrived today make a great concert set up.

The only other lens that I could use would be the 16-50mm f2.8 which I will order in May.

I'm trying to stay calm, but I feel anxious.

wll
04-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #816

QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
The K10D comes close with the instant zoom wheel on the back but it zooms to center, not to the selected focus point. I have mine set to zoom to 100% on the first roll. If I could also force it to zoom to the selected focus point that would be sweet! Does the K20D do this?
What X (magnification) is that?
Thanks.

Now back on topic why would they need a new battery for the new model? I think the old one would fit just well. I hope they keep it, the current Li is just fine.
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #817
Veteran Member

No AF button

QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote

I'm glad I never bought it because it lacked an AF button (hope they fix that this time)

04-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #818
Veteran Member

I just saw pricing at 1500 euro

thats a FF price but in the picture its has a DA lens ? I hope it will go down quickly or that this camera will be really amazing
04-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #819
Inactive Account

I think it looks beautiful from the front... I mean, wow, that prism housing. Digital LX indeed.

For everyone bashing the looks, I take it you've never shot with a film camera from the mid 70's to 80's?

Time to flog some stuff on ebay and put aside what's left of my tax return, I may have to get a little nest egg ready for this thing. My days with colour film may be at an end (again).
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #820
Veteran Member

It looks like loyality has it's rewards...Looks very PRO.. I can't wait.. I have a few weddings for latter in the year (:
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #821
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CSoars Quote
I think it looks beautiful from the front... I mean, wow, that prism housing. Digital LX indeed.

For everyone bashing the looks, I take it you've never shot with a film camera from the mid 70's to 80's?
Yeah, nothing on the market today touches the look of the old stuff. Hopefully this is a differentiating style that pentax is going to pursue with all future models. Enough of the plastic photocopier look!
04-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #822
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
uhm, according to who? Us, the few hundred people on this forum? They still suck at it. Besides us and a few others, no one even knows/cares about this "ad campaign"...
It does get some articles in some photo and gadget blogs. Besides, it was not supposed to be an official Pentax marketing scheme, only one enthusiastic guy who is "in the know" leaking photos. If it was a real marketing campaign, the dude would've furnished major sites with those blurry pics, instead of putting it on some obscure website.

Besides, we are the intended market for the new camera, anyway, not the mass market looking for their first DSLR. And someone mentioned that at one point, there were upwards of 2000 people looking in these forums, so it's not just a few hundred who are curious.

Last edited by vinzer; 04-22-2009 at 05:55 PM.
04-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #823
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
And the guy who started it still only has 4 posts! That's a little incongruous He's probably either afraid to say anything else or he's starting his own site
all the original image leak posts have been from posters with their first or low post counts. people who work for Pentax don't spend time on these blogs unless they're asked to.
04-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #824
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
If it was a real marketing campaign, the dude would've furnished major sites with those blurry pics, instead of putting it on some obscure website.
I've seen those pictures on Engadget and Photography Bay, amongst other places.
04-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #825
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Yeah, nothing on the market today touches the look of the old stuff. Hopefully this is a differentiating style that pentax is going to pursue with all future models. Enough of the plastic photocopier look!
I think if this design represents the use of that new prism design, (and it sure looks like that would fit in there nicely) we'll be seeing the look on a number of future models, Does look great, though. Who doesn't love an LX.

Not that I don't like the K20 look well enough, but it kind of take some getting used to. This model could just be something to look forward to in a few years.