Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #871
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
this image is still valuable as a mock-up, it does include the latest things we've learned. would be even more valuable if more care was given to actual estimated dimensions though...
Which is why I posted a smaller version marked "hoax".
I only said so because we have started to delete identified hoax images in this thread.

Is your last statement meant to criticise me? If so, please explain.

04-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #872
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Viral or guerrilla marketing only works for a given target audience. A company needs an enthusiast customer base before it can apply it.

Maybe, Pentax now learns that it has this base and how precious it is. I.e., how precious we are. Hopefully, pentaxforums.com earns some attention and Pentax Japan, from time to time, talks to their enthusiast base.
of course, the dedicated fanbase should be any brand's most precious asset.

which is why i hope Pentax isn't abusing us, stringing us along too long, leaking these pictures so methodically and so early.
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #873
Veteran Member

Which is why I posted a smaller version marked "hoax".
I only said so because we have started to delete identified hoax images in this thread.

Is your last statement meant to criticise me? If so, please explain.
by no means, i was referring to the original maker of that doctored image. instead of simply creating a hoax image, it could've been turned into the most accurate mock-up we have if more attention was spent on the latest estimated dimensions. some given by you.

while your excellent image work on this thread is, not only very much appreciated, its now internationally known
04-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #874
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i was referring to the original maker of that doctored image.
Thanxs for the nice words

What a great idea to refer to the original maker of the hoax

04-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #875
Inactive Account

of course, the dedicated fanbase should be any brand's most precious asset.

which is why i hope Pentax isn't abusing us, stringing us along too long, leaking these pictures so methodically and so early.
Abuse? We know more than we would've if Pentax hadn't leaked anything. That's a good thing in my book. Building anticipation isn't abuse. This isn't waterboarding.
04-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #876
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Abuse? We know more than we would've if Pentax hadn't leaked anything. That's a good thing in my book. Building anticipation isn't abuse. This isn't waterboarding.
on the contrary, anticipation is the key to marketing. i just think that for this kind of marketing to be effective, it should be timed to an announcement at the peak of the hype.

a month from now for just the announcement (as opposed to actual delivery) is just too far away to start the leaking now. what are they going to keep putting out out for a month to keep the hype this high? a close up of the bottom plate? strap lugs?
04-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #877
Forum Member

Sorry for french language. The guy claim source is Pentax

highlights are : Same sensor as k20d (tweaked ?), hi res vga screen, 100% viewfinder, 5 fps, brand new and fast AF, HD video etc

-iso jusqu'a 6400 avec un traitement accrue
-rafale 5 images secondes (5fps)
-viseur 100 %
-meilleurs tropicalisation
-possibilité de lever le miroir avant prise de vue pour pose longue
-mode video hd et live view .. on ne pouvait pas y échapper !
-stabilisation améliorer .
-mode dre plus performant
-mesure de la lumière sur 77 zones
-refonte du système AF ( bien plus rapide même avec optique non sdm en gros plus de patinage )
-écran de 3 pouce 920 000 pixels et possibilité de recarder les photo directement sur l'apn ainsi que faires de très légères retouches

chasseur d'images

04-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #878
Veteran Member

What a great idea to refer to the original maker of the hoax
in fact, i went to look at an original full-size image on the chinese website and at that size the photoshop couldn't be more obvious. barring reading the actual Chinese (anyone? ÉÏÒ»Ìù±»¹ØÁË£¬¼ÌÐø·¢Í¼°É - ÎÞ¼ÉÂÛ̳) i'm sure it wasn't meant as a hoax at all, but some industrious photoshopper's best attempt at an honest mockup. it even has his signature.

i think the image is worth posting as such. a mock-up that can be improved even further by using our best size estimates based on what we consider the best official leaks. can anyone identify the original camera?

04-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #879
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting, reading the thread further it says that a weathersealed kit lens would be bundled with the new body... Hmmm... not sure I can believe this.
04-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #880
Inactive Account

on the contrary, anticipation is the key to marketing. i just think that for this kind of marketing to be effective, it should be timed to an announcement at the peak of the hype.

a month from now for just the announcement (as opposed to actual delivery) is just too far away to start the leaking now. what are they going to keep putting out out for a month to keep the hype this high? a close up of the bottom plate? strap lugs?
Well I'll agree that a month is a bit far out. 2 weeks might be a better period over which to leak out details. But we're all just assuming these are planned leaks. Could be the marketing department fully intended to keep info under wraps a while longer.

The only part I didn't agree with was the "abuse" part. Leaking a month ahead of time might not be the smartest, but it's not abuse either. I like learning new details about upcoming cameras, even if patience isn't my strongest trait
04-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #881
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

i think the image is worth posting as such. a mock-up that can be improved even further by using our best size estimates based on what we consider the best official leaks. can anyone identify the original camera?
I see an MZ-1 with some K10/20D icons plastered on, a mode dial lifted from the spy pics we've seen, and a grip from the 645D.

Here's hoping for that weathersealed kit lens.
04-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #882

Man, I switched to Nikon a few months back. But these leaks have really caught my attention. I'm not a person who gets excited by these sorts of things, but I'm really looking forward to this new camera and what it's gonna bring to the table.
04-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #883
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
Sorry for french language. The guy claim source is Pentax

highlights are : Same sensor as k20d (tweaked ?), hi res vga screen, 100% viewfinder, 5 fps, brand new and fast AF, HD video etc

-iso jusqu'a 6400 avec un traitement accrue
-rafale 5 images secondes (5fps)
-viseur 100 %
-meilleurs tropicalisation
-possibilité de lever le miroir avant prise de vue pour pose longue
-mode video hd et live view .. on ne pouvait pas y échapper !
-stabilisation améliorer .
-mode dre plus performant
-mesure de la lumière sur 77 zones
-refonte du système AF ( bien plus rapide même avec optique non sdm en gros plus de patinage )
-écran de 3 pouce 920 000 pixels et possibilité de recarder les photo directement sur l'apn ainsi que faires de très légères retouches

chasseur d'images

Those are French translated leaked before specs. Forget those IMO.
At least, nothing new.
04-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #884
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yohan Pamudji Quote
Well I'll agree that a month is a bit far out. 2 weeks might be a better period over which to leak out details. But we're all just assuming these are planned leaks. Could be the marketing department fully intended to keep info under wraps a while longer.

The only part I didn't agree with was the "abuse" part. Leaking a month ahead of time might not be the smartest, but it's not abuse either. I like learning new details about upcoming cameras, even if patience isn't my strongest trait
2 weeks is what i was thinking is about right too. these have to be deliberate because the source is too easy to identify for the company and the leaks have been steady and numerous.

i'll be the first to say i'm being impatient here, but as a dedicated fan of anything, it's never good to be so blatantly strung along by anybody, taking advantage of that dedication. it could be likely that i'm misinterpreting somebody's honest attempt at throwing out early "treats" of information, but it's also possible they've started leaks early to blunt other competitors announcements on the horizon. i know everybody is waiting for Olympus's micro 4/3rds announcement for example, which has some overlap with the small, interchangeable lens, camera from a camera company, not electronic giant concept of this new K? we're all discussing.
04-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #885
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
I see an MZ-1 with some K10/20D icons plastered on, a mode dial lifted from the spy pics we've seen, and a grip from the 645D.

Here's hoping for that weathersealed kit lens.
you forgot the AF lamp from some Nikon wonder why i didn't see the MZ-1 on the russian K-mount page..

ditto on that weathersealed lens, how interesting would it be to come with the first "DA* Limited"? or Leica Tri-Elmar style "Limited" zoom??