Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #886
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
you forgot the AF lamp from some Nikon wonder why i didn't see the MZ-1 on the russian K-mount page..

ditto on that weathersealed lens, how interesting would it be to come with the first "DA* Limited"? or Leica Tri-Elmar style "Limited" zoom??
idk, that sounds kind of expensive... if I wanted to pay a bunch of money for a weathersealed normal zoom, I'd just get a 16-50 (actually, I would just get a 16-50 if I had the money).

04-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #887
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's definitely slowing down now, with now new real photos... Has that poster been confirmed? with the date 21st May? If so why isn't it on all of pentax's websites etc
04-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #888
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Those are French translated leaked before specs. Forget those IMO.
At least, nothing new.
Yeah, the guy on Chasseur d'images' forum seems to pretend he has actually handled the beast.
But nobody seems to take him seriously
04-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #889
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
idk, that sounds kind of expensive... if I wanted to pay a bunch of money for a weathersealed normal zoom, I'd just get a 16-50 (actually, I would just get a 16-50 if I had the money).
right. i've just never seen a prime lens be a kit lens for an SLR. if it is indeed a "Limited" camera, then the kit lens should be a Limited lens. so either the Limited lens would be weathersealed (DA*) like the camera is being touted, or, the Limited lens would have some step zoom function to be attractive to the mainstream.

most likely though is just a standard 40DA as the kit, showing off how small the whole kit is.

04-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #890

The Online Photographer has skipped #2 in its top 10 series, saying:

This is awkward, but I'm going to have to hold off with #2 until about this time next month. Still collecting data. What can I say—this slot was solid ten days ago, but the world changes.

I think its a pretty solid bet he's talking about the K7 (or whatever its going to be called).
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #891

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
In Italy [at least in my region] we say "you can't have the chicken, the egg and keep your ass warm too"
This is the single funniest non-sequitor statement I have ever read. It's a bit like that line from Back to the Future "Why don't you make like a tree and get the hell out of here." Thank you for posting such a great phrase
04-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #892
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
Sorry for french language. The guy claim source is Pentax [...]
These specs have popped up several times now. I learned that only very few people actually now the specs before the end of the month. So, it may be mere speculation or indeed from one of the very few people already in the know.

If the latter (what we will know in ten days), we shall not forget this sentence which was added in the same claim:
le successeur de k200d arrivera lui en septembre et dans l'année qui vient suivra un ff .
(Successor of K200D in September 2009 and FF in 2010.)

If the K7 specs turn out to be correct, then we here may have two more interesting bits of information leaked

04-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #893
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Oh, this thread is spinning so fast -- almost impossible to get back to this topic

Just this much:

35mm film gauge is 35mm, but movie film is exposed with the long side vertical (still image uses horizontal orientation for its long size). So, 35mm movie film is about 50% of surface of 35mm still image film.

Precisely:
RED One sensor: 24.4 x 13.7 mm
K-m sensor: 23.5 x 15.7 mm

I took the liberty to ignore this 10% difference and call both cameras "APS-C".

Yes correct, I just figured to avoid further confusion to make a point of it.
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #894
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Won't make much of a difference indeed, but could make the design of the top of the body a lot easier, since making an internal flash that sticks out high enough to avoid red eyes as much as possible means making the top relatively long.

It is practical to have a fill-in flash without extra carrying, but not as conventient as you may suggest. I only use it as a fill-in in combination with my primes, as I'm only sure with those lenses that the flash won't be blocked by the hood of the lens. My other frequently used lenses (the DA* zooms) are not compatible.

Indeed, but the optical triggering system is far from perfect. Often I find the built-in flash not powerful enough for the remote flashes to pick up its signal. I have abandoned using it altogether and rely on a Cactus trigger for all remote flash work now. That requires a full manual setup, but this is needed anyway in most cases.

I guess since Pentax were the first to make a SLR with a built-in flash (the SFX) they have the right to remove it again?

But I guess they won't. I'm counting on an internal flash.

Wim
Good answers.
Maybe they left out the flash, to give more room to a great viewfinder.

I wonder why they came up with the name K7D. Maybe it is in this thread allready. A lot of posts to chew threw, but exciting info

BTW, I left you a reply in a DPr photo thread of yours :
Re: Damaraland (Namibia): star trails (1 img): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #895
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
you forgot the AF lamp from some Nikon wonder why i didn't see the MZ-1 on the russian K-mount page..

ditto on that weathersealed lens, how interesting would it be to come with the first "DA* Limited"? or Leica Tri-Elmar style "Limited" zoom??
Ah, a Tri-Elmar type Limited would be pretty hot. You could have all the convenience of a zoom but maybe fewer of the compromises.

As for weather-sealed kit lenses, I still think you may as well put that sealing on a bit of an upgrade, if the cost of doing so amounts to anything. Fact is, when you would want the sealing, chances are good you want at least a little more speed, too.

Oh, but, Jonson:

Apparently the notion behind the name 'K7' relates to a big exec at Pentax having an affection for the mountain of that designation. I'm still unconvinced that's to be the name, though. At least everywhere. Cameramakers do seem to be in the habit of putting different nameplates on the same cameras for different markets, these days, which just seems to create more confusion than it could possibly be worth, in my mind, but I'd still figure all bets are off on that count.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-23-2009 at 03:17 PM.
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #896
Forum Member

If the specs are correct, this will be my next camera for sure. I've skipped the k20d because of a few changes compared to the k10d, but here I'm pretty confident

I'm particularly interested in the Hi res screen because it is so much easier to check focus and sharpness. All others improvements are welcome too, especially when coming from a K10d. I'm sure Pentax is listening, quietly, giving us a great camera once again.
04-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #897

Who made this Pentax K7D??

Minolta/KM engineers??
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #898
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alexramos Quote
Who made this Pentax K7D??

Minolta/KM engineers??
I really want to say that the one pictures is a prototype...but who knows

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #899
Veteran Member

Does anyone have any idea what the "best" spec list is for this camera?

I have given up on my dream that it will be an APS-H or a square sensor, and now I am trying to find a source for the best expectation for specs.

I have seen everything from "blow away the D300" to "just like a K20D, but with movies".

I would expect the truth is somewhere in between. But where?

Is the expected cost still being projected at 1500 Euros?

Sorry if this is somewhere in the previous posts, but I'm having trouble sorting out the wishfull thinking, the BS, and the best sources.

---------------

As an aside, what do people think of the photo of the viewfinder profile? To me it looks strange. Like its not on the camera. I don't understand what the highlight to the bottom right is. It does not match the shape of the camera as shown from our initial source.
04-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #900
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Cameramakers do seem to be in the habit of putting different nameplates on the same cameras for different markets, these days, which just seems to create more confusion than it could possibly be worth, in my mind, but I'd still figure all bets are off on that count.
Indeed. I remember my (Canadian) Nikon F70 which was the same as the (American)Nikon N70 for reasons completely beyond my comprehension. Perhaps this sort of thing made a degree of sense 15 years ago, but in the modern era of instantaneous global information sharing (of which this forum is a pretty good example), it makes no sense at all. Unless the model name in question has some sort of negative connotations in a certain area or language - like the Chevy Nova did in Spanish-speaking countries.