QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
+1 for a more sensitive and accurate center af point, F2.8 to
Four words:

Screen For Fast Lenses.

04-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #1037
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What if this heritage in relation to the k7 is the SAFOX VII autofocus system a celebration of the good old system that has continued from the film days.
04-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #1038
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
What if this heritage in relation to the k7 is the SAFOX VII autofocus system a celebration of the good old system that has continued from the film days.
Hey, I waited twenty five years before I bought one of these fancy-pants autofocusing contraptions, it *better* darn well be sure to work by now.
04-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #1039
Veteran Member

Smaller AF sensors

I would appreciate smaller AF sensors and a more consistent location (i.e. the centre is actually in the centre), if the centre one was a 2.8 type that would be progress too.

04-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #1040
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
+1 for a more sensitive and accurate center af point, F2.8 to
Is there any more in there?!? the centre's all I use too... :-)
04-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #1041
Veteran Member

For most people Clean ISO @ 6400 is all you will ever need, unless you are shooting a wedding in the dark.. The K7 specs if true would make the perfect wedding camera.. If the Dynamic range and sensitivity are improved on the K20D sensor.. If the + 6fsp... AF lamp, HD video are true. Small form factor.. The Gap between APS-C & FF are a lot smaller these days! Not just in size.. Were as there is a big size & performance difference between FF & Medium Format.. Back in the films days, 35mm was the amateur format., medium format is what the PRO photog used! When I do a wedding I don't want to carry a 5D / D700 brick..I know a lot of working Pro's complain about this they say the 5D & D700 are great cameras but are to big! Only if they could make it smaller! For field work! I like Pentax's thinking in regards to this.. APS-C is a good balance between size and performance.. With APS-C You can make a camera that is near the same size and weight as what a 35mm film camera is..
04-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #1042
Banned

QuoteQuote:
100 % viewfinder - Better weatherproofing - Mirror lockup - Liveview and HD Video - Better stabilizer - Better DRE mode - 77 zones light metering - Much better AF system even with non-SDM lenses - 3 inches/ 920 000 pixels screen with in-body editing - 1/8000 shutter with 1/250 sync, built-in GPS - new alloy metal-housing, etc.
if these particular aspects are indeed true, I would be very happy.

04-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #1043
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
doesn't the k20d have defacto mirror lockup using the 3 second timer? I know thats how I shoot at night.
04-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #1044
Pentaxian

HEY GUYS! I heard Pentax is going out of business.
04-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #1045
Veteran Member

O RLY? s
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #1046
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
if these particular aspects are indeed true, I would be very happy.
yvonne carefully covered his ass by saying these were things posted on the internet not specs HE was divulging. But he didn't mention any of the aps-h, FF, or any of the other more outlandish things also said on the internet. frequently.

He was very careful and selective with that list
04-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #1047
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
HEY GUYS! I heard Pentax is going out of business.

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
yvonne carefully covered his ass by saying these were things posted on the internet not specs HE was divulging. But he didn't mention any of the aps-h, FF, or any of the other more outlandish things also said on the internet. frequently.

"I cannot confirm nor deny" comes to mind
04-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #1048
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote

Indeed he was. This paragraph is interesting:

QuoteOriginally posted by Yvon:
Although many of these wish list items will likely be included in the new DSLR, we really set ourselves for disappointment if we think that every technical advancements available on all makes of DSLRs will be included in this new flagship model. Some of us predict that new Pentax proprietary technology, not found on any DSLR at any price as well, will also be unveil with this new DSLR.
We can read this as indicating that the camera will be better than a simple K20D with video but won't have all of the following: 5+fps, 1/8000, 1/250 flash sync, improved AF, 77 zone AE, 3inch VGA screen, GPS, metal housing. How much of this it does is hard to say but the article is clearly aimed at moderating expectations.

Although the way the above quote is worded indicates the camera will have a unique selling point (USP). The term "some of us" is an odd phrase for somone under an NDA to use (i.e. someone who already knows the specs). Easy to read too much into this though, is English his first language? (his English is fine but it might explain this phrase). If he used it deliberately I'd see it as confirmation of something new. But what? Who knows. Didn't Pentax patent some new bayer-filter thing?
04-24-2009, 06:54 PM   #1049
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
For most people Clean ISO @ 6400 is all you will ever need, unless you are shooting a wedding in the dark..

Careful, that's a "who needs more than 640K of RAM" sort of quote. I can immediately think of plenty of uses for clean ISO 64,000 for "most people". (High depth of field in low light!)
04-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #1050
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Everyone seems to love them dearly, here in Tokyo. A used LX in top condition can easily command ¥400,000 ($4000) or more. I've never seen one for less than about ¥60,000 ($600).

But I have to wonder at all of the comparisons being made in this 1000-post thread. I've tried to follow the thread but I don't see where most of the conjecture is coming from.
Woah, really? It seems like if I can sell my LX in Japan, I probably would be able to afford this new body and maybe even have some cash left over.

Of course, I'd rather save up money to buy the new camera instead of letting go of my LX, but it is interesting to know how much the LX is valued by people nowadays.