Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #1096
Veteran Member

then you'd push a button to crop out the APS-C frame vertically.

04-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #1097
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
The square sensor may not be blasted, what if when you changed from square format to APS-C and wanted to go vertical , just a thought ?

wll
Very Unlikely.
04-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #1098

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Very Unlikely.
I agree. Double the sensor cost so you won't twist your wrist.
It's just not worth it.
04-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #1099

Photos: Gallery
[QUOTE=RiceHigh;570358]Com'on, Guy. That person has close deals with Pentax Imaging and he is just so official (but worse than, actually, since he pretends to be independent). He will give you no additional information until the NDA ends!

Ouch! sounds like the Rice Man is a little jealous over Yvon's inside knowledge. Ahh its OK maybe next year you to can buddy up to Ned at the PMA and try to get your very own NDA . I suggest you start building your tomato shot portfolio I hear that's one way into NED's heart. lol

04-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #1100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
And you fair statements are appreciated. :-)
NOW that's the problem. It's only fair if it agrees with you...
Here is a fair estimate: There is nothing" new" at your blog. Your "predictions" are generalizations and/or common sense which you hype as "see what I said x ago".
You never actually converse ,only challenge, you never accept alternate points of view (this goes back to your dpreview days) and at best your condescending...
Your attempts at humor are really not even funny.
You are an icon in the town clown manner yet your ego (hardened over years of people telling your down right crazy) won't let you see it.
I actually thought you mellowed a bit but you were just biding your time....
Was this humor or just stupidity???? Your readers want to know oh great one:
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog is proud and pleased to announce the next upcoming Pentax DSLR, the Pentax K-7 (Official Name!), with the following details, as confirmed and verified from the reliable secret sources of mine!

Disclaimer: This Announcement is purely and 200% *Unofficial*, of course, as I am no Pentax affiliated (of course x2!) and I signed no NDA with Pentax nor with any Pentax related organisation! Read the following at your own risk! I hold no responsibility of any kind for any CBA or even Blog Checking Syndrome caused thereafter!! ;-D
P.S. Well, I can finally add a "K-7" Label Tag at my Blog, as it has been confirmed (by myself :-D) now. And, it is No More Rumour! Btw, the K-7 and K-m do still look like a family, very fortunately!
I just find it all so sad..... BTW: What kind of engineer are you???
My apologies to Blende8, ogl, and Edvinas but I seem to have my own opinion, as most know. I welcome any factual rebuttal. THIS is not a public service nor government funded site and is free to allow or disallow anything for any reason (including my presence).. I guess you know where my opinion on this lies...

Last edited by jeffkrol; 04-25-2009 at 08:41 AM.
04-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #1101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
"anti-Pentax efforts?"
Being critical is "anti-Pentax"?
Come on ...

I must say that I prefer RiceHigh's blog any time over e.g. Yvon Bourgue's bootlicking and PayPal begging.

RiceHigh has the same right to express his views as we all.
This is the time of anticipation and speculation, don't spoil it by unnecessary personal attacks.
I second that.

Rui
04-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #1102

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
I second that.

Rui
Thirded.

One thing I hope the K-7 does right is its default jpeg quality. The K20 is practically the only camera that's received a whole-hearted "highly recommended" from DPR, with everything else getting blasted for soft default jpegs. Now I couldn't honestly care less about the jpeg quality, I shoot RAW, but let's face it, DPR is the most popular camera review site on the web. I've invested a fair amount into the Pentax system and I'd like to see it grow, so a I really want to see a laudable review from DPR.

04-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #1103

I find both blogs entertaining. Rice's stuff lately has been interesting reading he seems to be a hater at times but we all know he secretly rocks custom PENTAX ginch. As for Yvon I really enjoyed his coverage of this years PMA he made some connections at the show and you can't knock him for that. Come on how many of us would have loved to have the oportunity to sign a PENTAX NDA? Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing what PENTAX has in store for us.
04-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #1104
Pentaxian

I guess it's a matter of taste.

RH history on web-based Pentax mailing lists and fora is long and maybe mot so well known but might add to some understanding of his behavior. In older times he was one of the greatest fanboys, waiting eagerly for Pentax to introduce the uber-camera, the famous Mz-1. The fact, that he predicted every single "fact" in detail collided with the decision by Pentax to simply NOT introduce such a camera. The Mz-s was nice, but the disappointment too deep. The trust in this company was gone and the way of collecting every single reported/observerd/imaginated weakness of the system in a blog seemed to be something like a ventile. The ignorance by Pentax representatives to communicate with him on this basis added a lot to his disappointment and cemented his viewpoint.

Of course, everybody may speculate and bring educated guesses in a situation like this, fair enough. And it definitely is nothing else but a matter of taste if someone seconds a drama queenesque style or the simple beg, not to push expectations beyond sanity.

I'm definitely with the second opinion, but I would not say, that it should be impossible to value RHs postings as what they are, that's a matter of fairness.
My last word on that.

Best regards, dan
04-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #1105
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's discuss K-7, not Rice.
04-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #1106

Just to get back in the topic...

... HD Video, a possible 5 fps, to me this also means that the PRIME also get an upgrade, right?
I doudt the current processor can perform well enough to cope.
04-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #1107
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think all will ne new. PRIME VII
04-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #1108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Philippos Quote
... HD Video, a possible 5 fps, to me this also means that the PRIME also get an upgrade, right?
I doudt the current processor can perform well enough to cope.
That's certain. The computer-hardware will get an update.
04-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #1109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
"anti-Pentax efforts?"
Being critical is "anti-Pentax"?
Come on ...

I must say that I prefer RiceHigh's blog any time over e.g. Yvon Bourgue's bootlicking and PayPal begging.

RiceHigh has the same right to express his views as we all.
This is the time of anticipation and speculation, don't spoil it by unnecessary personal attacks.
No, peddling hyperbolic exaggeration and downright falsehood is anti-Pentax.

Besides, in what way is accusing someone of "bootlicking and PayPal begging" not a personal attack?

What an absurdly hypocritical way to undermine your own argument.
04-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #1110
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It was Yvon who started this, not me.