Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #1261
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Wrong.....
hahaha, I wasn't asking for your opinion...

04-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #1262
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
hahaha, I wasn't asking for your opinion...
Dave, I know.
Still, I thought my opinion would count.

Unfortunately, some members of this forum do possess press kit photos of the K-7 (front, top, rear). Others, inluding myself, have seen these photos to know they are real. Those who possess the photos aren't allowed to post them.

So, I thought I would step forward and tell you that there is no reason anymore to speculate as much as you did.

I really would appreciate if Ned would step forward and provide Adam with the press kit photos to be posted here. It isn't fair that he gives them to some but not others. We are all Pentax enthusiasts ...
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #1263
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave, I know.
. . .

I really would appreciate if Ned would step forward and provide Adam with the press kit photos to be posted here. It isn't fair that he gives them to some but not others. We are all Pentax enthusiasts ...
I agree with you. It would help quell the tempest in a tea pot as he put it.
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #1264
Inactive Account

I agree.

I also think the spec sheet would be a nice gift

I either plan on buying this camera or getting a used or new Canon 5D on ebay, and unless I hear some solid info soon I may just have to go for the Canon.

04-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #1265
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I agree.

I also think the spec sheet would be a nice gift

I either plan on buying this camera or getting a used or new Canon 5D on ebay, and unless I hear some solid info soon I may just have to go for the Canon.
yes. the CEO is now also playing the hide-and-peek game. it's getting tacky. just release the pics without the specs if you want this game to continue.
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #1266
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
so basically, you can't wait a few weeks, may be less, then go directly to canon, they are the best ( that's what the rumor says)
04-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #1267
Veteran Member

Dave, I know.
Still, I thought my opinion would count.

Unfortunately, some members of this forum do possess press kit photos of the K-7 (front, top, rear). Others, inluding myself, have seen these photos to know they are real. Those who possess the photos aren't allowed to post them.

So, I thought I would step forward and tell you that there is no reason anymore to speculate as much as you did.

I think I'm just trying to keep my expectations down. Don't want to be disappointed in the end when it's finally time to upgrade from the trusty k100d...

04-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #1268
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
so basically, you can't wait a few weeks, may be less, then go directly to canon, they are the best ( that's what the rumor says)
At this point it's almost a principal thing. Pentax isn't taking responsibilty for their lack of security. What if he needs a camera now? Should he wait 4 weeks just to find out it's not what he needs or worse, is what he needs but will only be available 6 weeks after that?
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #1269
Veteran Member

It's gone from breathless to cranky in here in a matter of days. This is like cabin fever.

We need a new photo right about now.
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #1270
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by claude21 Quote
If Pentax released the specs for the K7 and they were impressive enough, I would absolutely wait. However, right now I'm in a position and place that I will be leaving on June 1st(seasonal biology job living on one of the few pieces of remaining, unplowed, tallgrass prairie in the world). There are many photographic opportunities I would like to take advantage of while I'm here. The K10D is a very capable camera, and I can take full advantage of a majority of these opportunities using it and my current lineup of lenses. However, I would love to have the 5D for its better high ISO performance for things such as wide angle astrophotography and early morning wildlife photography(namely of the prairie chickens I am studying). I don't need a 5D for these things, but I'm going to get a new camera body soon anyway, and the 5D is going for around the same price on ebay that the K7 will likely be released at. If I knew the K7 was going to be a show stopper I would just wait and hope I could make it back here in the near future. If it's something I feel I can pass on at least until the price drops significantly, I would get a 5D and a lens or two.

I never said Canon was the best. They just offer cameras and a few lenses I'm interested in that Pentax has no match for. Neither company is better than the other. I would keep most of my Pentax equipment and probably keep Pentax as my main day to day camera. I love Pentax and have no plans of jumping ship but I'm not so loyal to them that I would avoid buying a competitor's product.

By all means, I'm no pro and I really don't need a 5D. On the same token I don't need most of the Pentax stuff I have, but I like being able to produce what I think are alright pictures using it.
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #1271
Inactive Account

Votesh, go ahead and get the 5D. You won't get the K-7 in time for your trip on June 1st.
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #1272

I do hope that the *special* feature K7 should have is not the default weather resistant kit lens.... it's true that it is not provided with any other camera offer, but still it would be a bit disappointing...
04-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #1273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soalle Quote
I do hope that the *special* feature K7 should have is not the default weather resistant kit lens.... it's true that it is not provided with any other camera offer, but still it would be a bit disappointing...
anything short of 20mp FF @ 10fps will be disappointing at this point..
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #1274

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
anything short of 20mp FF @ 10fps will be disappointing at this point..
And it only took 2 weeks...
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #1275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mutedphotos Quote
And it only took 2 weeks...
i still just want Pentax to hurry and announce my smaller, slightly upgraded K20D. i don't want the damn thing to disappoint the photographic world after weeks of unnecessary waiting and excessive expectation building. for Pentax's sake.