Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #1366
Pentaxian

Did you saw the "K-7", if you're so sure this is not it?

L.E. Now, is it fake or it's "close to reality"? Which of those?
Or... you're saying two opposite things, so you'll be always right - no matter what?

04-29-2009, 02:48 AM   #1367
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote

Or... you're saying two opposite things, so you'll be always right - no matter what?
c'mon - he commented two pictures - one is ugly, the other is close to reality
04-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #1368

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote

don't ask OGL, he don't know also He is dreaming about K-7 in Форумы Пента-клуба (Powered by Invision Power Board)
04-29-2009, 02:57 AM   #1369
Veteran Member

Pentax K-7 with DP1 field monitor

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
hdmi out, hope some company make a nice thin 7 or so inch quality screen with a hot shoe mount and hdmi so k-7 and d700, d3 etc users can use them. remember there was a search in the nikon forum at dpr for a nice small monitor with hdmi in to use for live view etc, dont think they found one.
See here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/58621-pentax-k-7-d...d-monitor.html

04-29-2009, 03:08 AM   #1370
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
More likley on the bottomor where the SR usually sits if that is not being used.
What is strange is what is going on with the joypad and wheel. No longer together, but we have not seen the arrow keys yet.
Below the AF-mode selector comes the LV button, below the 4-way controller (like K-m), below INFO and MENU button.
Fn button, SR switch and Card door handle are all gone. No buttons on left edge.

(This info has no disclaimer of speculation.)
04-29-2009, 03:10 AM   #1371
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vaikis_ Quote
don't ask OGL, he don't know also He is dreaming about K-7 in Форумы Пента-клуба (Powered by Invision Power Board)
IMO he did see it, or pictures at least.
RH I dunno.
04-29-2009, 03:12 AM   #1372
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Sorry, video mode???? Personal opinion mind you.
The video mode is no speculation. I know it.

About the details of it (1080p, contrast AF even in video mode, or contrast AF at all) is converging speculation. I do not know it.

04-29-2009, 03:18 AM   #1373
Veteran Member

K-7 mirror box

I was able to do an examination of the K-7 mirror box.

I wasn't able to notice any difference from a K20D mirror box.

- Same size mirror (not sure if matte screen is same size).
- Plain focus matte screen (no split prism).
- Looks like the same removable matte screen mechanism.
- Phase AF bottom chamber looks the same (from the outside).

Therefore, the following are hard facts (for me):
- APS-C.
- Still supports phase autofocus.
- Removable focus screen.
04-29-2009, 03:44 AM   #1374

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
here is new riddle
77 squares (metering system ?)
04-29-2009, 03:48 AM   #1375
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
50% of Pentaxian will be gone into ecstasies, 30% will grumble...
20% will stay with old cameras...I guess...

Maybe I'm wrong...
04-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #1376
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Makes no sense. In LV, it could just use contrast detection and have many more points than that.
Matt, I agree with your analysis. It could explain these specs from the rumor mill alone.

Maybe except for this one. BECAUSE it makes no sense.

Talking about 77 AF points with contrast AF is ridiculous. As you said.

So, it probably INDEED has leaked from some stupid, simplifying marketing info.

And then, it may actually make sense...

Cut the image in 7 x 11 fields (the center field plus 3 above/below plus 5 left/right). Makes each field 425 x 445 pixels large, near square. Large enough to do contrast AF and histogram per field. I can imagine an algorithm which works this way by splitting the image into fields. And a marketing department turning this into 77 AF points
04-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #1377

QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
Might I inquire as to why you would want AVI, with all of its brokenness and the million slightly wrong implementations of it, and its ancient specs, over mov, a modern, mpeg4 spec file format that is the recommended container for h.264 video?
Modern codec are much harder to edit. In Windows I prefer editing on VirtualDub. It can handle avi very well, but not quicktime.

I find nothing can handle qt very well, except finalcut express / finalcut pro on OSX. They are indeed better NLE than virtualdub but both OSX and Finalcut require $$$ and higher learning curve. For doing simple editing, they are no better than VirtualDub anyway.

P.S. I don't even have quitetime player install on my PC. It's hands down the worse video player compare to other popular players.
04-29-2009, 04:14 AM   #1378
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
Modern codec are much harder to edit. In Windows I prefer editing on VirtualDub. It can handle avi very well, but not quicktime.

I find nothing can handle qt very well, except finalcut express / finalcut pro on OSX. They are indeed better NLE than virtualdub but both OSX and Finalcut require $$$ and higher learning curve. For doing simple editing, they are no better than VirtualDub anyway.

P.S. I don't even have quitetime player install on my PC. It's hands down the worse video player compare to other popular players.
If you don't have it installed then it's likely you haven't used the latest version which is actually very good. It's made by apple and so it's not quite the same on pc like Microsoft make media player shitty on macs so a third party made a plug-in for quicktime to play.wmv's on macs...

Anyway I think your confused about what the format is I was under the impression it was H.264 .mp4 which can be opened by many programs and edited fine not .MOV which are different.

The only problem will be you will need a brand new comp (last 2 years maybe) to handle FULL HD my macbook pro is 3 years old specs are Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ, 3GB RAM, 500GB HD and it stutters every-now and then so you have been warned make sure comp can handle it!

How many people here even have a Full HD Screen (1920x1080) at home (TV's don't count!) for example mine's 1440x900

P.s for anyone interested here's some info on the codecs avi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave

and H.264: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

Note the dates they were created.

Avi - 1992

H.264 - 2003

Enough said?

Last edited by dopeytree; 04-29-2009 at 04:26 AM.
04-29-2009, 04:46 AM   #1379

not all of those pics are posted by me...
простите мой английский
04-29-2009, 04:47 AM   #1380
Inactive Account

Sorry if already known:

From pdml: