Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #1426
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Holy cow! And we're supposed to hand-hold that thing? I'm too old for this stuff.
I updated my prior post https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/575960-post1418.html
Click on the video.
You'll see how rigs can have counter balances so that hand-holding them for hours becomes possible.

Personally, I find it pretty cool.

Even if I would only take still images, it would grant me access almost everywhere, I guess

[IMGWIDELEFT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3424307992_f1e4d98ea8_o.jpg[/IMGWIDELEFT]

Last edited by falconeye; 04-29-2009 at 08:14 AM.
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #1427
Pentaxian

and:
Well, even if it's more fps at 1 pixel, you have to improve the mirror mechanism. Such limitations means the camera can't capture the full-res sensor data and write it into the buffer; but this does not have anything to do with the mirror/shutter.
04-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #1428

Isn't that white round thing an AF assist lamp?
04-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #1429
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Yeesh, doesn't look like we'll be getting an AF-assist lamp on this one.
I think there will be one, look at the clear spot near the grip!
What could it be otherwise?

04-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #1430
Veteran Member

Isn't that white circle by the shutter an AF-assist lamp?
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #1431
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Hardly a valid point, wristwatches are made watertight with rubber seals.
No, it is a valid point.
The seals adds size. Limiteds are all about being as small as possible. Even if seals doesn't add much to the size, they still adds size and this is unwanted for the Limiteds. Limiteds are meant to be the smallest, most compact APS-C lenses in the world.
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #1432
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
and:
Well, even if it's more fps at 1 pixel, you have to improve the mirror mechanism. Such limitations means the camera can't capture the full-res sensor data and write it into the buffer; but this does not have anything to do with the mirror/shutter.
ah, of course. depending on how they do it. the k20d could do 20fps but just kept the mirror up.

I wonder how the shutter works in that mode. electronic or mechanical. if electronic then why in hell dont they use that to allow 1/2000 + sync speeds.

So fps is limited by either sensor readout or processing power then. Processing power should improve vastly in a years time, as all other processors do.

04-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #1433
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1. The body is made very good.
Non-standart for Pentax.
2. Design is very special
3. No specs at all
4. VIDEO
5. Support Both Body Driven "Screw-Type" AF KAF and SDM KAF2/KAF3 Lenses
6. SD/SDHC
7. New battery
8. New battery-grip
9. New WR kit lens
10. AF assist lamp
11. Rear LCD 3.0"
12. LV
13. 77 zone of light metering

It's all. No any additional info.
04-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #1434
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
You'll see how rigs can have counter balances so that hand-holding them for hours becomes possible.

Oh, I know. I finance my photography habit by working in video. lol It just seems that by the time a person adds that rig to their DSLR, they've lost the convenience of having HD video in a compact package.
04-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #1435
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Is there a front dial on this K-7?

EDIT: Oops looks like there is one
quick, somone stop by pentax in mactan EPZA and ask about the K7!
04-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #1436
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's all. No any additional info.
To be honest, not any additional info by yourself.
You cannot exclude the possibility that others know more
04-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #1437
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
You said exactly the same thing about Pentax being unable to make a more advanced camera than the K20D smaller due to weather sealing and SR. It is not true. The seals hardly take any space and electronics can be made very small indeed; particularly now when theres no restrictions from the film spool and path....
Wheather sealing is no problem for the Limited lenses and I'll expect the next generation of these lenses to have that feature.....
The K200D is a K100D body with weather sealing, and it is bigger than a K100D body.
Why? The anwer is simple - beacuse of the weather sealing. You can't even use CR-V3 batteries in the K200D because of the extra seals in the battery compartment, in contrast to the K100D. This is has been explained officially by Mr John Carson of Pentax US.

So seals takes upp space. This means that in order to have seals without the camera getting bigger, other things must be shrinked in order to compensate for the extra size the seals adds to the product.

When Pentax made the K20D, Pentax wasn't able to make a smaller camera with seals so my statement was absolutely correct. At that time, Pentax did not have the needed technology for shrinking circuit boards and the electronics down to a level that could compensate for the added size by the seals.

A sealed camera is much harder to make small than a non sealed camera, the manufacturer must simply work harder on minimizing technology to compensate for the seals.

And what we can see now is that yes technology advances so the circuit board in the K-7 is now tighter packed with new components, not available at the time of the K20D was designed, which means the circuit board has shrinked so the seals are now compensated. Also the SR mechanism has shrinked thank's to new technology developments, this also helps in compensating the extra size from the sealing.

We can also see that the K-7 does not have tilit/swivel LCD. Why? because the mechanism this would take up extra space, and the K-7 is so tightly packed there is no room for the flip-out mechanism for the backLCD.

If the Limiteds are getting seals, this means optics and mechanics must shrink. New thinner materials for the outer casing and new optics to make a smaller and more compact lens. All this cost quite much money, and I have my doubts about Pentax preparing to invest in luxury extra thin materials and extra small optics with top performance just to get seals to the Limiteds, and I have my doubts about the user preparing to spend the extra money needed for this luxury research and development.
04-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #1438
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Oh, I know. I finance my photography habit by working in video. lol It just seems that by the time a person adds that rig to their DSLR, they've lost the convenience of having HD video in a compact package.
Oh, sorry then.

But didn't that rig OT start with the fluid head remark, ie., tripod use?

So, it isn't a very compact package anyway.

And I am no expert, unlike you. But isn't this Zacuto rig particularly lightweight and compact? Esp. considering that quality should be close to 35mm film?
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #1439
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
To be honest, not any additional info by yourself.
You cannot exclude the possibility that others know more
leak some info...
04-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #1440
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote

And what we can see now is that yes technology advances so the circuit board in the K-7 is now tighter packed with new components, not available at the time of the K20D was designed, which means the circuit board has shrinked so the seals are now compensated. Also the SR mechanism has shrinked thank's to new technology developments, this also helps in compensating the extra size from the sealing.

We can also see that the K-7 does not have tilit/swivel LCD. Why? because the mechanism this would take up extra space, and the K-7 is so tightly packed there is no room for the flip-out mechanism for the backLCD.
I hope they have it well shielded and neat as a pin or our friend Peter will have a field day (again)..