Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #1921
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have been away a few hours.....

Did I miss something??????
Please????

QuoteOriginally posted by illdefined Quote
nothing but tumbleweeds here. and this is Pentax Forums, everyone else has long moved on already.

meanwhile Olympus' micro 4/3rds entry is going to make a very big splash. adding to the already heavy G1/GH1 hysteria as everyone's really waiting for Oly's m4/3 lenses. their announcement is also right on the horizon, and i worry that it will drown-out Pentax's nostalgia-heavy message whenever they get there. "see the industry evolve while Pentax keeps looking backward" kinda thing.

Pentax had all this time to themselves and the leaks had everyone looking their way. not anymore. they just left time for expectations to ferment and crescendo higher so that the inevitable disappointment will fall that much harder.
Ow come on, do you really think that, based on the rumors here, people will be dissapointed???? It has been confirmed multiple times thatwe have heard nothing solid. So there is NOTHING to expect.
A teaser pic a few weeks before actual release is not too bad of an idea. It is us who make this go out of control.

And why should you take Oly as an example???
Their announcements were at Photkina and since then not much more than that.
Nay, it is they that are lagging...

05-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #1922
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Did I miss something??????
Please????

Ow come on, do you really think that, based on the rumors here, people will be dissapointed???? It has been confirmed multiple times thatwe have heard nothing solid. So there is NOTHING to expect.
A teaser pic a few weeks before actual release is not too bad of an idea. It is us who make this go out of control.

And why should you take Oly as an example???
Their announcements were at Photkina and since then not much more than that.
Nay, it is they that are lagging...
based on the rumors? here? absolutely. some of us at PF might've tempered our expectations a bit but the vast majority of the non-pentax world is still waiting to hear about the FF/APS-H/Square, underwater camera they heard about weeks ago.

at this point the K-7 will NEED to have something very special about its viewfinder for it not to be a disappointment.

i picked Oly precisely because they're a traditional camera company about to show real hardware for an entirely new photographic concept/format vs. Pentax who is so far preparing us for an exquisitely refined, yet still very traditional, camera - as evidenced by the recent Beatles/Pentax film body romanticization.
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #1923
Veteran Member

I wonder if there will be a huge post rush exactly at 1998
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #1924
Veteran Member

based on the rumors? here? absolutely. some of us at PF might've tempered our expectations a bit but the vast majority of the non-pentax world is still waiting to hear about the FF/APS-H/Square, underwater camera they heard about weeks ago.
Rest assured my frend, I followed some other forums and photgraphy news websites and all that was announced was that a ew camera is coming...
So nobody expects anything.
In other words, the non /pentax world couldnīt care less

at this point the K-7 will NEED to have something very special about its viewfinder for it not to be a disappointment.
Oh, I thought zillions fps and lightning fast AF

i picked Oly precisely because they're a traditional camera company about to show real hardware for an entirely new photographic concept/format vs. Pentax who is so far preparing us for an exquisitely refined, yet still very traditional, camera - as evidenced by the recent Beatles/Pentax film body romanticization.
Oly are probably too busy marketing new dslrīs. I have not yet much more news about that new concept...

05-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #1925

I think the big surprise will be the announcement of the K20 replacement at the same time as the K-7.
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #1926
Veteran Member

Rest assured my frend, I followed some other forums and photgraphy news websites and all that was announced was that a ew camera is coming...
So nobody expects anything.
In other words, the non /pentax world couldnīt care less
no, they heard about it, and don't/won't care unless it's "special". nostalgia notwithstanding.

Oh, I thought zillions fps and lightning fast AF
those are just some of the expectations you still see here on PF.

Oly are probably too busy marketing new dslrīs. I have not yet much more news about that new concept...

you will, olympus has already started twittering ('marketing') about the upcoming launch, and everyone [snip] is waiting with bated breath to see what Olympus brings to the new system.

Last edited by illdefined; 05-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #1927
Veteran Member

I heard that if we reach 2000 posts it unlocks a super secret menu on the K-7 which allows you to dial in what ever frames per sec that you want

05-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #1928
jay
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
I heard that if we reach 2000 posts it unlocks a super secret menu on the K-7 which allows you to dial in what ever frames per sec that you want
....what are you talking about?

Last I heard, Pentax designed it so when this thread reaches 2000 posts, the camera converts into full-frame so Gooshin will finally shut up.

05-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #1929
Veteran Member

nothing but tumbleweeds here. and this is Pentax Forums, everyone else has long moved on already.

meanwhile Olympus' micro 4/3rds entry is going to make a very big splash. adding to the already heavy G1/GH1 hysteria as everyone's really waiting for Oly's m4/3 lenses. their announcement is also right on the horizon, and i worry that it will drown-out Pentax's nostalgia-heavy message whenever they get there. "see the industry evolve while Pentax keeps looking backward" kinda thing.

Pentax had all this time to themselves and the leaks had everyone looking their way. not anymore. they just left time for expectations to ferment and crescendo higher so that the inevitable disappointment will fall that much harder.
Well, I don't know about all that but the tab for this round has been added to your bill - Thanks
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #1930
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
You're not really this cynical, are you?

Hey, relax, have a beer...it's going to be okay. They're all just cameras, photography is supposed to be fun.
05-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #1931
Veteran Member

Just to keep things going, if you could have only 3 new features or capabilities on the K-7, what would they be, (in order)?

For me:

1) Faster AF (at all EV levels) to be class-leading or close to it.
2) Cleaner High ISO than k20d (not from NR, but from sensor improvements)
3) 5 fps in RAW
05-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #1932
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Just to keep things going, if you could have only 3 new features or capabilities on the K-7, what would they be, (in order)?
for me, this:

1) Cleaner High ISO than k20d (not from NR, but from sensor improvements)
2) Faster AF (at all EV levels) to be class-leading or close to it.
3) 5 fps in RAW
05-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #1933
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure May, 21 is the Big Day in Pentax World.
K-7 is camera with SOUL and powerful, stylish, slim and hurricane machine.
The camera can make happy almost every Pentaxian.
05-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #1934
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me:

1) More DR at low ISO (I love ISO 100 on my K10D - the K-7 should match that)
2) Lower noise at high ISO
3) Either the anticipated video mode or better AF, can't make up my mind quite here.
05-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #1935

1. Huge viewfinder with 1.2x magnification, long eye relief and a longer eyecup to block the sun

2. Flash sync speed of 1/500s

3. The missing aperture coupler