Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #1981
Veteran Member

I wonder if the mic jack can be used as a sound trigger for the flash?

05-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #1982
Veteran Member

Say, on the Chinese Pentax site, there is a profile picture that shows more of the lower part of the camera than I have seen before from the side:
PENTAX??-????-??????????-NEW K

Interesting how the grip actually extends beyond the flash/prism head isn't it?
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #1983
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
Say, on the Chinese Pentax site, there is a profile picture that shows more of the lower part of the camera than I have seen before from the side:
PENTAX??-????-??????????-NEW K

Interesting how the grip actually extends beyond the flash/prism head isn't it?
yeah, very interesting indeed. at least we know the grip is still comfortable eventhough the rest of the body is relatively thinner than the other bodies.

I CAN'T WAIT!!
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #1984
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is that a full shot to the left of "Product Info" or an older model?

05-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #1985
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Is that a full shot to the left of "Product Info" or an older model?
It seems like the IR remote receiver is higher on that one, like it is on the K10d/k20d. I am guessing that is not the K-7
05-08-2009, 03:41 AM   #1986
Veteran Member

The side profile from the Chinese site clearly show the built-in flash assembly not extending that far to the front at all...much shorter than the K10D flash assembly. I am sure this has been discussed here somewhere, but can someone tell me what this implies ?

Thank you

P.S: The chinese site which has been linked before.... PENTAX??-????-??????????-NEW K
05-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #1987
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
The side profile from the Chinese site clearly show the built-in flash assembly not extending that far to the front at all...much shorter than the K10D flash assembly. I am sure this has been discussed here somewhere, but can someone tell me what this implies ?

Thank you

P.S: The chinese site which has been linked before.... PENTAX??-????-??????????-NEW K

It implies that they have put more of an effort into the rest of the camera and the flash is more of an afterthought. More pro/high end enthusiast cameras usually have this rubbish flash hight as it is not that important to them. Most companies assume that if you are going to buy this camera and have high end FAT lenses then you will most likely have an external flash unit. Which can still be triggered of camera flash .
It might sound strange, but crappy on camera flash is usually a good sign.

05-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #1988
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
It implies that they have put more of an effort into the rest of the camera and the flash is more of an afterthought. More pro/high end enthusiast cameras usually have this rubbish flash hight as it is not that important to them. Most companies assume that if you are going to buy this camera and have high end FAT lenses then you will most likely have an external flash unit. Which can still be triggered of camera flash .
I don't know whether Pentax would do this....I know some advanced professional cameras have, but Penatx APS-C is touted as the advanced enthusiast camera, no ?
I am guessing it is a double hinged built-in flash, which also explains the height.
05-08-2009, 04:38 AM   #1989
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
Most companies assume that if you are going to buy this camera and have high end FAT lenses then you will most likely have an external flash unit. Which can still be triggered of camera flash .
Crappy? Why crappy?
Don't assume that if it's not protruding more in front of the camera, it must have a lower height when opened.
Please, people. Wait just few more days. You will have many pleasant surprises (and few not so pleasant ones, but that's life). But please, complain after you know the facts.
05-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #1990
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Crappy? Why crappy?
Don't assume that if it's not protruding more in front of the camera, it must have a lower height when opened.
Please, people. Wait just few more days. You will have many pleasant surprises (and few not so pleasant ones, but that's life). But please, complain after you know the facts.
So there is a surprise hiding within that built-in flash assembly, how interesting ...the only way it can be short and tall when opened, will be with a double hinge, I might be right on this....

Not so pleasant ones?????...oh!, it better not be AF-tracking or high iso noise and IQ, or metering, anything else I can take it...my assumption is, it will be with video (it will be a rough and dirty implementation, like the live view in k20d), ans that I absolutely don't care....
05-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #1991
Veteran Member

I'll think the battery grip will have additional compartment for SD or CF for HD Video shoot/stills. Or it will have options such has 32/64/128 SSD Battery grip for the HD Video /stills for much more longer recording.
Note: In case it's not possible, it would been a nice idea i would suggest. =)
05-08-2009, 04:58 AM   #1992
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
So there is a surprise hiding within that built-in flash assembly, how interesting ...the only way it can be short and tall when opened, will be with a double hinge, I might be right on this....

Not so pleasant ones?????...oh!, it better not be AF-tracking or high iso noise and IQ, or metering, anything else I can take it...my assumption is, it will be with video (it will be a rough and dirty implementation, like the live view in k20d), ans that I absolutely don't care....
Don't bet on that double hinge. Just small but important differences, that's all we will see - I'm quite certain of this
About the not so pleasing surprises, let's say I have my doubts about how all those changes (LCD, body size, direct access buttons - if we're to believe the leaked pictures and specs ) will affect the camera's ergonomics.
05-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #1993
Veteran Member

I've been wondering about that. I suspect that my left thumb is not going to be as happy as my right one but I'll just bet it will adjust if there are enough compelling reasons to adopt a new style of grip. It might be more of an issue for those of us who will likely be shooting two bodies at one event from time to time. Switching back and forth from a K10D to the K-7 may be more of an adjustment than switching between my K10D and K100D.
05-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #1994
Veteran Member

Wow, almost 2,000 posts! Anyway, it looks like Sony is going to steal some of Pentax's thunder. It looks like they are about to release a slew of new DSLR's also:

New Sony Alpha DSLR Update Photography Bay | Digital Camera Reviews, News and Resources

Looks like they are doing something really interesting with the grips. Good to see them branching out with their designs.

Edit, found a better link:

http://www.sony.ru/hub/dslr/block/2/subblock/1

(albeit it in Russian)

Looks like competition for the K-M more then the K7.

Last edited by Art Vandelay II; 05-08-2009 at 07:04 AM.
05-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #1995
ogl
Banned

???????? ?????????? ?????????? : Sony

it's funny exploitation of A100's ideas...
A230, 330 and 380 are the same A200, 300, 350 with redesign...