Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #2161

QuoteOriginally posted by mabelsound Quote
That would be extraordinary.
No, it wouldn't. It was done years ago by Contax in the AX.
BUT, how would the image be in focus in the viewfinder? Focusing by moving the sensor would mean that the mirror assembly would have to move accordingly... Very complex and possibly very expensive to construct.

05-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #2162
raz

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
No, it's not that easy. You'll have to move the sensor several cm... a big, complicated construction.
I'm not saying the sensor could do the focus all by itself by moving 2 cm Just saying a few mm, or even one cm is possible in helping achieve faster focus with manual lenses and mantaining that focus. This could also help auto focus lenses - by maintaining focus, maybe is faster to move the sensor a little than to move a whole lens element
05-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #2163
Veteran Member

Isn't simple distance scale ( like a split prism ) much reliable and easier to implement. For me the hardest part about AF confirm is guessing when the dot is about to appear and slowing down.
Usually i end up iteratively approaching it from both directions...a scale would cut most of those steps leaving some 2..3 fine adjustments.
Well there are many such inexpensive, simple things like this which for various reasons are never implemented.

But if they figured how to make non blanking OPTICAL TTL viewfinder system with sensor continuously available to exposure would be nice.
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #2164
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Think of it like in-camera panorama stitching. Like more diverse use of multi exposure. Tilt and Shift with SR. No need for a specific lens for pentax.

05-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #2165

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Think of it like in-camera panorama stitching. Like more diverse use of multi exposure. Tilt and Shift with SR. No need for a specific lens for pentax.
You would need K-mount lenses that cover a larger area than APS-C, but there are many such lenses from the film era

Prog.
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #2166
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Interesting lens.

indeed, now hope that it has a metal mount!
05-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #2167

QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
Isn't simple distance scale ( like a split prism ) much reliable and easier to implement. For me the hardest part about AF confirm is guessing when the dot is about to appear and slowing down...
The Contax RTS III had the PERFECT manual focus system...

05-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #2168

I know

It has a coffee maker built in?

A hand warmer?

Little Black Book?

Seriously though, the two big things about the K10 was the weather resistance and Shake Reduction.

I am leaning towards SR.

Does someone else remember anything specific to the K10?

CM

p.s. 8fps sounds nice though
05-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #2169
raz

QuoteOriginally posted by Peacekeeper Quote
Seriously though, the two big things about the K10 was the weather resistance and Shake Reduction.

I am leaning towards SR.
I think SR was first installed in the K100D by Pentax not K10D, and also was already available in the Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D.
05-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #2170
Forum Member

It just came to me....

Biggest feature of the K7 will be the fact that it stores in memory the first 3 seconds before one pushes the shutter @ 4 fps.
That way we will have 12 images to choose from and we will never miss a scene again!

Brilliant feature of Pentax and no doubt they will become market leader in sports photography before 2009 is over
05-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #2171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
I don't know about you guys. I wouldn't use a $1500+ camera body (K-7) in the rain. It's not worth the risk. Plus what can you shot if its raining hard?

But I can rock a K200D, or maybe just get a used DS. Put a rain jacket on and I can save the money on a DA* weather seal lens. Iff the DS stop working no big lose.
Check this thread out to see what can happen in the rain.

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
When someone need a camera in the rain, the price doesn't matter anyway!
Yes it does.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mousehill Quote
Biggest feature of the K7 will be the fact that it stores in memory the first 3 seconds before one pushes the shutter @ 4 fps.
That way we will have 12 images to choose from and we will never miss a scene again!

Brilliant feature of Pentax and no doubt they will become market leader in sports photography before 2009 is over
Hopefully there's something in it for the sports shooters, but not holding my breath. Faster FPS not much use without faster AF.
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #2172
Veteran Member

I'm thinking the "mystery feature" is as simple as the first weather sealed camera that shoots video.
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #2173

Video???????????????????

Who the hell gives two shi*s about video??????? This is a camera, not a video camera. Not to mention a "pro" DSLR. I could careless. As a pro I want something that taks great photos not videos.
05-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #2174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CaymanImaging Quote
Who the hell gives two shi*s about video??????? This is a camera, not a video camera. Not to mention a "pro" DSLR. I could careless. As a pro I want something that taks great photos not videos.
good luck finding a DSLR that does not shoot video three years from now.
05-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #2175

QuoteOriginally posted by CaymanImaging Quote
In a couple of years you'll go back to film apparently, since it's kind of obvious that ALL DSLRs, no matter class and price range will offer some kind of video recording.
It is clear that many more people care about video than you think. If you really do not care about video, you can simply not use it...