Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #2236
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Yes, I've read that before. Funny, given the somewhat uncertain presence of Pentax in Norway currently (fovi.no was the distributor for years, and the new distributor aronsen.no hasn't actually been very convincing yet, at least not in its web presence – www.pentax.no was left unconfigured for several months before they finally redirected it to the Aronsen site)
This is really strange.. Aronsen don't care at all about pentax, and many previous pentax vendors in Norway are having clearance sales on their pentax gear atm (like Ur&Foto in Bergen, they don't want to sell pentax anymore). Find it hard to believe that there will be a presentation in Norway - the pentax presence is so low here. But very cool if it turns out to be true

05-11-2009, 04:18 AM   #2237
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PiratStian Quote
This is really strange.. Aronsen don't care at all about pentax, and many previous pentax vendors in Norway are having clearance sales on their pentax gear atm (like Ur&Foto in Bergen, they don't want to sell pentax anymore). Find it hard to believe that there will be a presentation in Norway - the pentax presence is so low here. But very cool if it turns out to be true
Are we talking about a presentation being done by Pentax Norway or a presentation being done in Norway? I remember the K20D (or was is the K10D?) being presented in Dubai at the time. I don't know what the situation of Pentax Emirates was but I don't think it mattered much, all that counted was the location. Perhaps Pentax just picked the dramatic scenery of the Norwegian Fjords as a setting this time?

Wim
05-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #2238
Inactive Account

The K20D was presented in Dubai.
05-11-2009, 04:27 AM   #2239
Veteran Member

"Satisfactory" Camera Performance Standard

QuoteOriginally posted by digital_aspirin Quote
OK! In low light performance will satisfy, but what about predictive focus/focus tracking? Is there an improvement? Or put it otherwise, is there an algorithm at all?
Roland satisfied with *every* Pentax SLR ever made on Earth and he owned/used. So, I really can't understand why each time he always says that the new camera will have "satisfactory" performance!? ;-)

05-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #2240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Are we talking about a presentation being done by Pentax Norway or a presentation being done in Norway? I remember the K20D (or was is the K10D?) being presented in Dubai at the time. I don't know what the situation of Pentax Emirates was but I don't think it mattered much, all that counted was the location. Perhaps Pentax just picked the dramatic scenery of the Norwegian Fjords as a setting this time?
Indeed; Dubai was chosen as a location because there's lots of sand and dust. The press was even sent to the desert in 4x4's to play with the new K20D. I'm sure they're going to do the same with the K-7, but now with more emphasis on the water protection. I surely do hope it rains and stoms really hard in Norway
05-11-2009, 04:44 AM   #2241
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I surely do hope it rains and stoms really hard in Norway
The city where I currently live gets more rain than the definition of a rain forest, more than 2x the amount of the "rain city" - Seattle. And had 85 consecutive days of rain not that long ago. Good enough?
05-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #2242
Pentaxian

The city where I currently live gets more rain than the definition of a rain forest, more than 2x the amount of the "rain city" - Seattle. And had 85 consecutive days of rain not that long ago. Good enough?
Absolutely! Let the rain come and flush the competitors straight out of the picture!

05-11-2009, 04:48 AM   #2243

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Roland satisfied with *every* Pentax SLR ever made on Earth and he owned/used. So, I really can't understand why each time he always says that the new camera will have "satisfactory" performance!? ;-)
Yes you are exactly right, that's what I say always...there is no 'bad' Pentax SLR in the eyes of Roland...
05-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #2244
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
a presentation being done in Norway
This. As far as I know, camera is quite great for nature photographers. (lower minimum exploitation temperature)
05-11-2009, 05:10 AM   #2245
Inactive Account

In that part of the country they don't get a summer tan - it's rust
05-11-2009, 05:11 AM   #2246
Veteran Member

How about stopping these speculations???

In 9 days we know..
Oops, no, must make 2500 posts

Please go on... More speculations please
05-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #2247

need real K-7 spec. for speculations
05-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #2248
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Speculations? D-LI90.
05-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #2249
Veteran Member

speculation: It comes with a hot asian girl!
05-11-2009, 05:33 AM   #2250
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Speculations? D-LI90.
I like the way you keep the steady stream of little pieces of information coming ogl!

So new battery... New format? Same format with different (more?) connections (to allow for the finer read-out as hinted by the shot of the top LCD)?

Wim